Independence @ Ravenwood

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All the standings may change anyway. I heard that Independence is going to try and protest the Dickson County loss because their quarterback didn't play. Then they are going to protest the Ravenwood loss because their quarterback did play.

So does that mean that Franklin can protest their loss to Indy b/c their QB got hurt early and didn't play? hahahahahaha

The one factor that no one has mentioned yet in this matchup is the weather. It is supposed to be very cool and wet Thursday. Who knows what the wind will do with this front passing through.

Cold and wet would have to favor Indy. Yes, they are a spread team, but they have the capability to hand the ball to one of the strongest Rb's in the midstate in Scott Pettigrew. All down hill when he gets his touches. Huge advantage for Indy.

RHS is not as big this year up front on the defensive line. This does not bode well for the RHS defense.

The RHS offesne is geared to spread you out and run the Tb/Qb. Laidlaw is very similiar to Williams from last year. He finds the seem and cuts to it. Be careful making those cuts on that wet turf! :rolleyes:

Just for the record Laidlaw has no problems making any cuts!!! enough said.

Going to go with Indy to rebound this week from the Dickson loss! (Eagles, gotta watch Rector though...he will pull something out of his bag of tricks for this one!)

McNine4MVP the answer to your question is yes Laidlaw's father was a running back for Stanford and then the Dallas Cowboys. I guess maybe it is genetic. However; it really doesn't matter because Laidlaw is a great athlete period. He has speed and great vision on the field. What a workhorse for the Raptors. Defense for the raptors is unbelievable. Ford may be small but he is big on making plays...... This team wants to go to State again!!!!!!

BWOODMOM in answer to your somewhat stupid question yes it was a pair of jeans. While not everyone from Ravenwood agreed with the punishment that TC received you need to remember that team leaders are exactly that TEAM LEADERS and therefore need to act accordingly. People who live in glass houses should not through rocks.......... I doubt very seriously that Brentwood is perfect off the field.

I dont think you can call bwoodmoms question stupid. I just think its a sore and embarrassing subject. But I do question if the Indy coach is the person responsible for punishing the qb. I heard it may have been the principle. It would put the coach in a very difficult spot knowing a player NEEDS to be punished and taught a lesson but to punish the whole team I am not sure is the answer. What TC did last year was VERY serious and hopefully he learned a life lesson from it and it would have been terrible if the whole team would have suffered because of his STUPID unnessary decision. I feel pretty sure if he needed a pair of jeans his family could have afforded to pay for them. I just think there must be a way to make the player suffer without punishing the whole team maybe, what made the difference is one incident was on school grounds and one wasnt.

Eric Locke, 2 time Mr. Football, stole a Starter Jacket from a local store 2 days before the Clinic Bowl . He was never punished by Gary Rankin and that arrest was even published in the paper. He "showed" that he had not learned anything by doing worse at UT and being "kicked off" the team. We all know Fat Phil doesn't like to discipline players either.

Eric Locke, 2 time Mr. Football, stole a Starter Jacket from a local store 2 days before the Clinic Bowl . He was never punished by Gary Rankin and that arrest was even published in the paper. He "showed" that he had not learned anything by doing worse at UT and being "kicked off" the team. We all know Fat Phil doesn't like to discipline players either.

Was he kicked off the team for stealing? maybe that was his punishment.

I dont think you can call bwoodmoms question stupid. I just think its a sore and embarrassing subject. But I do question if the Indy coach is the person responsible for punishing the qb. I heard it may have been the principle. It would put the coach in a very difficult spot knowing a player NEEDS to be punished and taught a lesson but to punish the whole team I am not sure is the answer. What TC did last year was VERY serious and hopefully he learned a life lesson from it and it would have been terrible if the whole team would have suffered because of his STUPID unnessary decision. I feel pretty sure if he needed a pair of jeans his family could have afforded to pay for them. I just think there must be a way to make the player suffer without punishing the whole team maybe, what made the difference is one incident was on school grounds and one wasnt.

TC was in fact off of the team...the Seniors went to Rector and requested that he reconsider...not from a football perspective...from a life perspective. He paid his legal price...and then he paid his team mates price....he did face a suspension...and he came in every Sat to clean his team mates lockers....and equipment.

He didn't need the jeans...it was a cry for help...which he got...from his team and his family!

Like my Raptor son put it...what was he doing in Parisian anyway...nobody under 50 shops there....one of lifes many lessons we all learn along the way!

TC was in fact off of the team...the Seniors went to Rector and requested that he reconsider...not from a football perspective...from a life perspective. He paid his legal price...and then he paid his team mates price....he did face a suspension...and he came in every Sat to clean his team mates lockers....and equipment.

He didn't need the jeans...it was a cry for help...which he got...from his team and his family!

Like my Raptor son put it...what was he doing in Parisian anyway...nobody under 50 shops there....one of lifes many lessons we all learn along the way!

TC faced a suspension but he did not serve it was exactly my point. Personally I dont think it was any of Ravenwoods business. That was between TC, parents, police, and Parisian. Like I said I don't think punishing the team is the answer. Just like I dont think Cordell from Indy should have not got to played. It hurt the whole team. there is alot that goes into making a successful football program and its alot more than just the players going out on the field to play their hearts out. A whole lot of people paid the price for Cordells actions and I personally dont think it was fair. I am fine with the way it went down with TC. But I don't for one minute think it took too much arm twisting to change Rectors mind he likes to win too much.

Bulldog, refer to my post a page or two back to get my thoughts on the game.

Basically, Ravenwood came ready to play and Independence didn't. Ravenwood is rolling right now and I definitely wouldn't want to play the defending state champs at this point in time. They came out with a phenomenal defensive scheme that baffled the underized Eagle offensive line all night. They manhandled Indy up front and held onto the ball for more than half of the game (that's just a guess, could be more). Becker is the best QB that I've seen in the region all year long...he had about 120 yards rushing and also displayed a very solid arm. Laidlaw carried the ball 36 (!!!) times and was quite the workhorse.

Indy's offense was completely shutdown, with Cordell going 4-25 and Pettigrew averaging less than 2 yards per carry. Ravenwood brought 8 on just about every play and played with a lot more fire and intensity than the Eagles. Scott Ford again stepped up and made some huge plays at the cornerback position.

Ravenwood owned all three facets of the game and easily pulled the 31-0 victory. Indy desperately needs to right the ship and get a win this Friday or they will be eliminated from the playoff race (barring a Bwood loss to Northeast in week 10). Ravenwood must also win out to get in because of the defeat that Brentwood dealt them earlier in the season.