Independence @ Ravenwood

Went to the game on Thursday and expected Ravenwood to win, but I sure thought it would be much closer. Ravenwood looked great in all areas and Independence looked well, not great. But who knows, Independence could still make it to the playoffs in what, their 3rd year. Both teams need to finish the regular season strong and they might just see each other again this year.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TC faced a suspension but he did not serve it was exactly my point. Personally I dont think it was any of Ravenwoods business. That was between TC, parents, police, and Parisian. Like I said I don't think punishing the team is the answer. Just like I dont think Cordell from Indy should have not got to played. It hurt the whole team. there is alot that goes into making a successful football program and its alot more than just the players going out on the field to play their hearts out. A whole lot of people paid the price for Cordells actions and I personally dont think it was fair. I am fine with the way it went down with TC. But I don't for one minute think it took too much arm twisting to change Rectors mind he likes to win too much.

You don't know Rector very well at all....he's all about the program rules...before anything else....Becker sat out the first quarter of the Independence game because he missed a practice...because of the injury to his ankle. A huge game by anyones standards...and Becker was ready to go...and yet the starting QB is on the bench for 25% of the game....trust me...he's all about the rules....before a win or the playoffs....he runs a very tight ship....and he runs it his way...or the highway....

You don't know Rector very well at all....he's all about the program rules...before anything else....Becker sat out the first quarter of the Independence game because he missed a practice...because of the injury to his ankle. A huge game by anyones standards...and Becker was ready to go...and yet the starting QB is on the bench for 25% of the game....trust me...he's all about the rules....before a win or the playoffs....he runs a very tight ship....and he runs it his way...or the highway....

Well if he is all about rules he better learn them better so his team doesnt get penalized and have to stay out of pads for an extra week again. I believe you when you say he runs it his way. He showed that clearly too bad he got caught!

BWOODMOM in answer to your somewhat stupid question yes it was a pair of jeans. While not everyone from Ravenwood agreed with the punishment that TC received you need to remember that team leaders are exactly that TEAM LEADERS and therefore need to act accordingly. People who live in glass houses should not through rocks.......... I doubt very seriously that Brentwood is perfect off the field.

Ouch! Really hurts to be called stupid by someone of your intelligence. I was being sarcastic and am well aware that it was a pair of jeans. I know we're not perfect, however, I did not make a snide remark about was it a hamburger or cheeseburger.

They came out with a phenomenal defensive scheme that baffled the underized Eagle offensive line all night.

I think your wrong on that point. Independences o-line has been buying Cordell time all year long. Now they have a bad game they are now undersized. That number 76 kid is a beast. I think the coaching was a big part of that lost.

Becker is the best QB that I've seen in the region all year long...he had about 120 yards rushing and also displayed a very solid arm.

I still think Cordell is the best in the region he definitely didn't show it on Thur. night. He was rusty since he didn't get to play last week.

But my point to this is for Donathan please don't hate on the independence football team for 1 no 2 bad weeks. Gotta have faith.

Edited by hit it high

I didn't hate on the Independence football team. If you're related to the program at all, you know that I have more faith than anybody. All I did was point on things Ravenwood did well and I'm trying to be objective as best as I can.

If the line was baffled by the scheme, I'd venture to say that coaching has just a little bit to do with that...I'm not going to talk about individual players on here...if you want to do that, find me at school and we'll have a discussion.

After reading different things, I'm confused. Does Ravenwood want Indy or Brentwood to win this week's game?

A Brentwood win vs Indy would mean that Ravenwood gets into the playoffs if they beat either Clarksville NE or Dickson County. If Indy wins, I think Ravenwood would need to win their last two games. Anyone else have any thoughts?

Edited by jgkarl