Giles Co. @ LIpscomb

coach5

I Haven't seen giles county this year, but Lipscomb put 42 points on Creekwood in just the first half....played young players in second half. They put 41 points on Cheatham County in the first half, and 28 points on Spring Hill in the first half. Their offense has been dominating !! They probably could have scored 60 or more points in all of these games with their starters.

You are absolutely right. I was at the Cheatham Co. game. I saw both the Spring Hill, Page, & Creek Wood games on film. Lipscomb drilled all of them no question about it. They probably could have scored closer to 70 in all of those games had they played the starters. They have backs in Elrod, Holt, Davis, & Moneypenny who could start for anyone else in the region. Simpson is an excellent quarterback and HE'S THE BACKUP!!! Hunt looked like Carson Palmer back there throwing the football against Creek Wood. Giles Co. does have some size on defense and they are quick to the football but Lipscomb's offense is A MACHINE!!!!

What Lipscomb better do is put up more defensive efforts like they did last week. Spring Hill and Cheatham Co. I know for a fact ran the ball for big yardage against the Mustangs defense. Giles Co. is just as good of an offensive football team as either of those two teams are. They have an athletic quarterback with a decent arm (Dunnavant), some very quality receivers who can catch the ball (Edgmon, Pettus, & Cobb), and two very good backs (Edgmon & Perez). If Lipscomb's run defense from earlier games shows up on Friday night expect Giles Co. to hang a big number on the scoreboard against them. The Bobcats offense too is what I'd call A MACHINE!!!!

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Forget past oppenents. This one comes down to heart. Giles scares Lipscomb, but DL sneaks out the win. :thumb:

Also, can someone give me directions to the game, starting with the exit off of I-65?

From I-65, take the Harding Place exit (#78). At the top of the exit ramp at the light, turn left onto Harding Place and cross over the interstate. You will see Franklin Road Academy on the hill to your left. Go the the next stoplight which is Franklin Road and veer to the right. You will go approximately two miles going through one stop light. Turn left onto Caldwell Lane (Glen Leven church is on the right hand side of Franklin Road when you make the turn). If you get to I-440 and Woodmont Blvd. you have gone to far. On Caldwell, go approximately 1 - 1.5 miles. At the 2nd 4-way stop you will see the stadium on your left just ahead. Parking entrance is on down Caldwell behind the scoreboard.

Hope this helps. Safe travels and best of luck to both teams!

mustanglogob3.jpg

Peter Powell's Lipscomb Game Day Notes featuring the game between the Mustangs and The Giles County Bobcats is now posted on The Mustangfanpage.

The site is full of information helpful to those traveling to the game. You can also hear the Live Broadcast of the game on the site as well. Mustang depth charts to be updated either this afternoon (Thur) or tomorrow morning early.

Congrats to Lipscomb - - well coached, disciplined, and sportsmanship team. Giles County played, in my opinion, alot better of a game than the score showed - 28 - 3. Lipscomb forced 2 big turnovers and held GC out of the endzone, inside the 10 twice. Lipscomb proved to be the better of the two teams, but outside of the 2 fumbles - - could have been a 14 - 10 game.

Best of luck to Lipscomb as the Region Champs, with one additional victory.

Best of luck to Giles County as you re-group and travel to Creekwood next week for a big, big contest.

Congrats to Lipscomb - - well coached, disciplined, and sportsmanship team. Giles County played, in my opinion, alot better of a game than the score showed - 28 - 3. Lipscomb forced 2 big turnovers and held GC out of the endzone, inside the 10 twice. Lipscomb proved to be the better of the two teams, but outside of the 2 fumbles - - could have been a 14 - 10 game.

Best of luck to Lipscomb as the Region Champs, with one additional victory.

Best of luck to Giles County as you re-group and travel to Creekwood next week for a big, big contest.

Congats to lipscomb on the big win.

Hopefully we will see a rematch in the playoffs with Dunavant at the helm.

Not to take away from a great Lipscomb team but with #1 playing healthy

G C probably would have won this game. The # 12 freshman qb played,

like,well, like a freshman qb.I have seen the Giles off.when its clicking and

it was not tonight.Both teams were tough on defense.

good luck to both teams in the playoffs.

Congrats to David Lipscomb on the big win tonight. GOOD LUCK TO YOU GUYS NEXT WEEK AT MARSHALL COUNTY!!!! With a win you'll win your second straight Region 5-3A Championship.

Giles Co. you have nothing to be ashamed of at all. I hope Dunnavant gets healthy and you guys represent our region well in the playoffs. Sorry that I underestimated your defense earlier this week. Who knows???? Maybe these two will meet again in mid-November :thumb: