Hendersonville @ Overton

2006 HHS

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think this is a really tough one for HHS. Overton isn't any better than Hville, but the Commandoes are in a weird spot. They are coming off a BIG loss, and the have, undoubtably, THE BIGGEST game of their year next week. You hear about a "trap" game- this could be it.

Hendersonville should win it

This is a HUGE game for both teams. If you look at the schedules, Hendersonville still has Gallatin and Hunters Lane after the matchup with Overton, two of the best teams in the region. Overton has McGavock and Hillwood after Hendersonville. I think if Overton wins, they will make the playoffs and Hendersonville will be on the outside looking in with the upcoming schedule. If Hendersonville wins, they put themselves in a good position to make it and Overton has to have a lot go right for them to get in.

I think the game comes down to the wire. Overton was beat up against Gallatin with multiple injuries at key positions, one being key OL/DL Cornell. With Cornell coming back anchoring the line, I look for them to give White some room to run and pull out the win.

My final Region Standings:

1. Gallatin 7-0

2. Hunters Lane 5-2 (losses: Antioch, Gallatin)

3. Overton 5-2 (losses: Hunters Lane, Gallatin)

4. Antioch 5-2 (losses: Gallatin, Overton)

5. Hendersonville 3-4 (losses: Gallatin, Hunters Lane, Overton, Antioch)

6. McGavock 2-5 (losses: Gallatin, Hunters Lane, Overton, Antioch, Hendersonville)

7. Glencliff 1-6 (win: Hillwood)

8. Hillwood 0-7 (few years away; have a good coach)

This is a HUGE game for both teams. If you look at the schedules, Hendersonville still has Gallatin and Hunters Lane after the matchup with Overton, two of the best teams in the region. Overton has McGavock and Hillwood after Hendersonville. I think if Overton wins, they will make the playoffs and Hendersonville will be on the outside looking in with the upcoming schedule. If Hendersonville wins, they put themselves in a good position to make it and Overton has to have a lot go right for them to get in.

I think the game comes down to the wire. Overton was beat up against Gallatin with multiple injuries at key positions, one being key OL/DL Cornell. With Cornell coming back anchoring the line, I look for them to give White some room to run and pull out the win.

My final Region Standings:

1. Gallatin 7-0

2. Hunters Lane 5-2 (losses: Antioch, Gallatin)

3. Overton 5-2 (losses: Hunters Lane, Gallatin)

4. Antioch 5-2 (losses: Gallatin, Overton)

5. Hendersonville 3-4 (losses: Gallatin, Hunters Lane, Overton, Antioch)

6. McGavock 2-5 (losses: Gallatin, Hunters Lane, Overton, Antioch, Hendersonville)

7. Glencliff 1-6 (win: Hillwood)

8. Hillwood 0-7 (few years away; have a good coach)

I like those predictions. I will take Overton in this one as well. Terry Anderson is one of, if not the, best coach in all of Metro. All he does is win at the 5A level with teams that always have guys playing both ways pretty much everywhere.