Outlook for 7AAA

PHargis

I must have hit a nerve and I have no idea where this came from. I am not trying to debate, belittle or criticize anyone. I gave a comment..that's it.

By the way, most Div I colleges do a good job. Some NAIA schools and high schools also do a good job. Many assistants carry palm pilots and are responsible for specific stats (like rebounds only). Student assistants also help. Official stats can be verified by watching the game film and may take a day to verify.

Parents can always help but I doubt the larger schools would have to rely on a parent. :blink:

brian, your response is very good and we invite you to as many District 7 schools as your time permits. Every school in this District has plaer worthy of consideration of any College/ University. Excitement is a feature of every school also and its fans. it's players have the same perspective to the game. Your respones initially dictated a response and does this one but the main factor you are missing is that fans who may not traveled to a game or may think they are missing something or need to understand some background by some knowledgable fans might be of some value. Come to the boro and see 2000 -2500 fans from both schools watch some good skills. Come to lebanon, Cookeville

White County, Warren County or anywhere in the mid state and watch its players. All of the things you refer to are great as far as collecting info. That is another facit of this and have nothing to do with sharing quickly over the internet what and why something may have happened. The extreme detail can come later if needed and the paid assts can be of help the coaching staff. that is another world. But I guess T did provide a vehicle that those hobbyists who would like to provide information to the public could do it and let the schools do their things. That may be the reason that HS attendance seems to be up. I am really not sure that this is what all of this is about you mention but I don't think you should be too critical of a bunch of lowly fans or in some cases lowly parents who love the game, the school it supports and the level of play that is in a very competitive district. This has really nothing to do with defensiveness but it does have something to do with communication over the internet and how one might communicate with a Di9strict constituancy. You may not have been there and meet the expectations of someone wanting a painted picture of what happened. Maybe DivI is not faced with that. Come on the District 7 and see what its about.

• Replies 994
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I must have hit a nerve and I have no idea where this came from. I am not trying to debate, belittle or criticize anyone. I gave a comment..that's it.

By the way, most Div I colleges do a good job. Some NAIA schools and high schools also do a good job. Many assistants carry palm pilots and are responsible for specific stats (like rebounds only). Student assistants also help. Official stats can be verified by watching the game film and may take a day to verify.

Parents can always help but I doubt the larger schools would have to rely on a parent. :blink:

Brian, your posts tell your story and to say you don't know much about the MTennessee basketball situation is not the case. The paper trail follows you back to 2002 amd your contact with AAU and schools are somewhat documented along with your knowledge of Coach T.. You now are beginning to sound like A CAT in moving on to the College scene and relating that to Stats. Your knowledge of Pres and myself blows your cover but as you already know, district 7 is full of great players and that really has nothing to do with how colleges keep stats nor the great players here. If you haven't heard and you have, District 7 has more outstanding players this year than in some years. In fact, Middle Tennessee has a better group of players this year and the next two years than they have. You mentioned Wilson, Mt Juliet, Shelbyville and other teams. You know the area, you know the teams and you sure sound like Cat. Come on by.

Edited by PHargis

The game between Oakland and Cookeville, two teams that are 2 and 3 in the district is shaping up to be the best game of the night between the twop contenders. T.Davis leads the Oaklnd Patriots as well as King who has be a very consistant player all year and MaCleary who has been the defensive stopper.

They face a very good team from Cookeville led by a very tough front line of James and Helton. While all games are important, this is one that again is important standings wise to both teams.

While on the other end of the line the game between Blackman and Warren county is for their first District win and both teams will be trying hard to get the "Monkey off their back" and get out of the cellar of district 7. This game will be very close and it is thought very entertainingl

Riverdale, with Ann Marie Lanning and Company, meets a very dangerous Lebanon team who can break out any time with large scoring. This game is one that Lebanon can prove the significance of its play with a good showing agaonst Riverdale.

The game between Oakland and Cookeville, two teams that are 2 and 3 in the district is shaping up to be the best game of the night between the twop contenders. T.Davis leads the Oaklnd Patriots as well as King who has be a very consistant player all year and MaCleary who has been the defensive stopper.

They face a very good team from Cookeville led by a very tough front line of James and Helton. While all games are important, this is one that again is important standings wise to both teams.

While on the other end of the line the game between Blackman and Warren county is for their first District win and both teams will be trying hard to get the "Monkey off their back" and get out of the cellar of district 7. This game will be very close and it is thought very entertainingl

Riverdale, with Ann Marie Lanning and Company, meets a very dangerous Lebanon team who can break out any time with large scoring. This game is one that Lebanon can prove the significance of its play with a good showing agaonst Riverdale.

Lebanon seems to be backsliding a bit in their offensive production scoring only 27 and 30 respectively in games against Cookeville and Gallatin on Friday and Saturday. I will be surprised if Riverdale doesn't win by 20+ points. I don't think Lebanon can stop Riverdale from scoring and I don't believe the Lebanon scoring problems will get any better against Riverdale.

Blackman will beat Warren County easily. Siegel will take care of White County without much difficulty. Siegel doesn't have a great record, but they have played a very tough schedule and have been competitive. White County on the other hand is improving, but still has a ways to go before they are a real contender. Oakland and Cookeville are both kind of mysteries and I consider this one to be a toss-up, but I will pick the Lady Cavs since it is at Cookeville.

I saw the Riverdale / Smyrna game during the holiday break, which Smyrna won. I was shocked that Riverdale didn't have any big girls. I don't think any were even 6', but they had a lot of hustle and evidently their press defense is usually their bread and butter.

How does the rest of the district teams do for size at the post position? Also who has the most talented post players in 7 AAA regardless of height?

I saw the Riverdale / Smyrna game during the holiday break, which Smyrna won. I was shocked that Riverdale didn't have any big girls. I don't think any were even 6', but they had a lot of hustle and evidently their press defense is usually their bread and butter.

How does the rest of the district teams do for size at the post position? Also who has the most talented post players in 7 AAA regardless of height?

Doss, good to hear from you. Riverdale is a good team as you know. Their post players are good players but as you mentioned are not extremely tall but quick. They make up for this with one of the best players in the District AMLanning. She helps Riverdale control the games, they try to half court press and consequently pull the opposing teams players from under the goal. Coach Burt as you realize does as good of a job with that school as anyone could bet has been posted, they may be retooling after this year but AML's sister will help the process along with others.

District 7 has a number of over six foot players or at least close to that height. They might be divided into true post players and tall players. True post players are King at Oakland at about 6', Parrott at 5'11"and Waggoner at 6'3" from Siegel, James at 6' and Helton 6'2 from Cookeville along with a couple of subs which look to be about 6'1", The Elie sisters from Lebanon one over 6'1 and the other about 5'11', Simpson at White County at 5'10, and a 6'1 player from Siegel who may not be a true post but certainly could play it, Spurlock.u All of these are good players and someone else might like to post their thoughts.

Brian, your posts tell your story and to say you don't know much about the MTennessee basketball situation is not the case. The paper trail follows you back to 2002 amd your contact with AAU and schools are somewhat documented along with your knowledge of Coach T.. You now are beginning to sound like A CAT in moving on to the College scene and relating that to Stats. Your knowledge of Pres and myself blows your cover but as you already know, district 7 is full of great players and that really has nothing to do with how colleges keep stats nor the great players here. If you haven't heard and you have, District 7 has more outstanding players this year than in some years. In fact, Middle Tennessee has a better group of players this year and the next two years than they have. You mentioned Wilson, Mt Juliet, Shelbyville and other teams. You know the area, you know the teams and you sure sound like Cat. Come on by.

P did you keep or have to keep stats last year when Siegel won the district championship?

And I agree 7 and middle TN has some outstanding players.

Edited by wc1214

You said Oakland.(I HAVE NO IDEA WHERE IT IS LOCATED) What are you talking about? Trying to read your ramble exhaust me.

You sound like Shooter from the movie "Hoosiers". :thumb: You know where he ended up.

You said Oakland.(I HAVE NO IDEA WHERE IT IS LOCATED) What are you talking about? Trying to read your ramble exhaust me.

You sound like Shooter from the movie "Hoosiers". :thumb: You know where he ended up.

Brian, your posts are not worth my time but I appreciate you looking in on this thread. Up on the boys thread are posters that will banter with you. but thnks for looking in.

Brian, go to T home page and type in Oakland. will take you to a map of locations of all schools. when you are able to post with some intelligence, come back and I will be happy to provide help. i had really rather to post with a straight shooter instead of someone who has some other agenda. I don't think you are what you say you are are who you say you are and I could not imagine, after reading your previous posts, that many players or parents would even talk to you but maybe I am right and Cat has arisen.