Outlook for 7AAA

PHargis

Brian, go to T home page and type in Oakland. will take you to a map of locations of all schools. when you are able to post with some intelligence, come back and I will be happy to provide help. i had really rather to post with a straight shooter instead of someone who has some other agenda. I don't think you are what you say you are are who you say you are and I could not imagine, after reading your previous posts, that many players or parents would even talk to you but maybe I am right and Cat has arisen.

PHargis. I am surprised by your negativity. You are blowing my opinion of you. You are usually so tactful and eloquent. What did this guy say to make you get so mad that you actually referred to him as Cat? Who is CAT and what has Cat done to get to you. Sounds like you have Cat nightmares or maybe you are allergic to cats? Either that, or you miss her dearly and would love to learn more from her by having her once again become a routine poster. Which is it?

Good luck tonight. I think Siegel has a solid team. What keeps them from being a top tier team is their speed. They are fundamentally sound. Shoot well. Pass well. Handle the ball fairly well. Play hard on defense and are always in the right position. They block out well. Very well coached team! However, they look like they are in slow motion as compared to some of the better teams. Here is a pretty good assessment that most would agree with: Siegel is the best slow team in the state. Speed and quickness are two different animals. If you are not quick, it helps to have speed (not the answer, but it helps). If you do not have speed, you can get by with just quickness on the basketball court. Unfortunately, Siegel has neither. Believe it or not, they are still a top 20 team - without quickness or speed. That says a lot about the determination and skill of these players and their coach. I like your basketball team better than your volleyball team. In volleyball, you did not live up to your potential. You probably should have been the best team in your District. In basketball, I can see you pulling off an upset over Riverdale - even without speed or quickness.

• Replies 994
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good luck tonight. I think Siegel has a solid team. What keeps them from being a top tier team is their speed. They are fundamentally sound. Shoot well. Pass well. Handle the ball fairly well. Play hard on defense and are always in the right position. They block out well. Very well coached team! However, they look like they are in slow motion as compared to some of the better teams. Here is a pretty good assessment that most would agree with: Siegel is the best slow team in the state. Speed and quickness are two different animals. If you are not quick, it helps to have speed (not the answer, but it helps). If you do not have speed, you can get by with just quickness on the basketball court. Unfortunately, Siegel has neither. Believe it or not, they are still a top 20 team - without quickness or speed. That says a lot about the determination and skill of these players and their coach. I like your basketball team better than your volleyball team. In volleyball, you did not live up to your potential. You probably should have been the best team in your District. In basketball, I can see you pulling off an upset over Riverdale - even without speed or quickness.

Great to hear from you again Cat. I agree with most of your post. We don't have good team speed, but have several quick players and get up and down the floor well. I think the biggest issue is one of attrition. We have such a young bench that the starters tend to wear down by the fourth quarter. If you have seen us play, you'll realize we are ahead at the end of the third quarter in almost every game. I stopped counting how many games we have lost when the opposing team came back strong in the 4th. We blew a 12 point lead to Oakland and hung on to win by 3.

PHargis. I am surprised by your negativity. You are blowing my opinion of you. You are usually so tactful and eloquent. What did this guy say to make you get so mad that you actually referred to him as Cat? Who is CAT and what has Cat done to get to you. Sounds like you have Cat nightmares or maybe you are allergic to cats? Either that, or you miss her dearly and would love to learn more from her by having her once again become a routine poster. Which is it?

I appreciate your post. Sorry of you thought the post was somewhat negative. Always like to have the repore and thoughts. YOu did get back at a response pretty quickly. The posts were like cat and had that same recognition. Same thought processes. Unless you have forgotten, Cat left suddenly after recruiting has been consumated and with quite a bit of heat. Likely the same results will not happen and surely the same posiitons will not be taken. Cat , had many good ideas but was not able to express them correctly but was extremely intelligent when he calmed down and quickly changed his position somewhat. But this is not a thread on Cat and don't know why it was ever mentioned.

I thought the same of Cookeville but you might realize that slow is who you play. Siegel does try to win on defense no matter the personnel but if the speed is needed, it certainly is there. Cookeville beat Siegel but it had nothing to do with quickness or speed or being out shot. As you realize Cookeville winds up with games in the 20's and low thirties and is the lowest scoring team in the District the last time I looked but they still win. RD beat Siegel but did it on execution and not speed or quickness. Riverdale is a great team and when they played they did out quick Cookeville and with the ame results.Siegel got beaten by just not playing well and turning the ball over too much. Being a top 20 team is not even being thought of. Getting to the Region is. You do realize as I do tht the coaching in this District is pretty heady and if the players execute, these teams are very good. Time will tell but injuries heal and this team is ready to do what it is going to do. Siegel would have liked to play Cookeville at home the second half instead of there.

Your analysis on the volleyball team is interesting and I can agree with you on potential. I'll let someone else comment on the rest of that. Nikki is playing well after her slow start and we all look forward to seeing how she does at C/N. We are watching with a lot of interest in the game with Cookeville and Oakland. There are about 9 games or so left before the tournament and a lot of games to be won or lost. I look forward to seeing how the teams match up at tournament time.

Edited by PHargis

I appreciate your post. Sorry of you thought the post was somewhat negative. Always like to have the repore and thoughts. YOu did get back at a response pretty quickly. The posts were like cat and had that same recognition. Same thought processes.

I thought the same of Cookeville but you might realize that slow is who you play. Siegel does try to win on defense no matter the personnel but if the speed is needed, it certainly is there. Cookeville beat Siegel but it had nothing to do with quickness or speed or being out shot. As you realize Cookeville winds up with games in the 20's and low thirties and is the lowest scoring team in the District the last time I looked but they still win. Siegel got beaten by just not playing well and turning the ball over too much. Being a top 20 team is not even being thought of. Getting to the Region is. You do realize as I do tht the coaching in this District is pretty heady and if the players execute, these teams are very good. Time will tell but injuries heal and this team is ready to do what it is going to do. Siegel would have liked to play Cookeville at home the second half instead of there.

Your analysis on the volleyball team is interesting and I can agree with you on potential. I'll let someone else comment on the rest of that. Nikki is playing well after her slow start and we all look forward to seeing how she does at C/N. We are watching with a lot of interest in the game with Cookeville and Oakland. There are about 9 games or so left before the tournament and a lot of games to be won or lost. I look forward to seeing how the teams match up at tournament time.

Sorry, not a Cookeville girls basketball fan and have not seen them play this year - so I cannot comment on your evaluation of their team. I hear Nikki James is a pretty good player, but not near as good as she is in volleyball. I am not sure why you continue to think I am from Cookeville and I think you should be careful with that. You have come to a wrong conclusion and my apologies go out to Nikki's family if they think in any way at all that I am trying to pretend to be - becasue I am not. This is a case of mistaken identity. I think we have the right to remain anonymous on this site, and I would prefer to keep it that way. PHargis, I have had some fun with you and know how to get under your skin, but it was meant to be light hearted and fun. Seriously, I am not from Cookeville and am in no way related to the James family. I just thought it was funny when you assumed that I was her parent after I made some favorable comments about her and I continued to speak highly of her. Stop accusing me of being someone I am not. I personally don't care, but I would bet that the James family does.

Great to hear from you again Cat. I agree with most of your post. We don't have good team speed, but have several quick players and get up and down the floor well. I think the biggest issue is one of attrition. We have such a young bench that the starters tend to wear down by the fourth quarter. If you have seen us play, you'll realize we are ahead at the end of the third quarter in almost every game. I stopped counting how many games we have lost when the opposing team came back strong in the 4th. We blew a 12 point lead to Oakland and hung on to win by 3.

Certainly Cat has seen Siegel play. He would not be able to post what he posted without at least seeing them play. He could have only seen them in two games and very likely one. He certainly didn't see the Riverdale/Siegel game. Certainly he promoted many times the player mentioned in the other post. Now, speed and quickness. Same procedure, attack any strength. Great debating tactic. This thread is 7AAA and we look forward to having some great games tonite. Oakland is a very quick team..

All that harassment just because you thought I was someone else. You guys have way too much time on your hands.

What does that mean to you and how would you know that, you just showed up. Have you been monitoring this thread? If you think you have been harassed, I think I can say we are sorry. Did you get the information you needed? If so, my position is still the same.

Certainly Cat has seen Siegel play. He would not be able to post what he posted without at least seeing them play. He could have only seen them in two games and very likely one. He certainly didn't see the Riverdale/Siegel game. Certainly he promoted many times the player mentioned in the other post. Now, speed and quickness. Same procedure, attack any strength. Great debating tactic. This thread is 7AAA and we look forward to having some great games tonite. Oakland is a very quick team..

Are you saying that siegal should play a ball control slow down Game?? Because that's exactly what Many of the fans of Warren County think they should do that also. We are not very athletic or fast at warren , or for that matter very tall.

Games tonite

Siegel 53

White 45

Carrie Parott scored her 1000th career point tonite. In the win had 24 points and Faulkner had 11. Siegel led at half 34-21 on the heels of Carrie Parrots 20 first half points as White could not combat her presence under the goal. Siegel hit 15-21 free throws most being in the second half while Parrott only made 4-9 as the Warriorettes tried to play catch up the second half. Turnovers were low for the game as Siegel wound up with about 11 and White wound up with about 9. It was a well played game whose game margin hovered between 6 and 11 all night. With this game Siegel jumped from a tie for fourth to fpurth in the District race and one game behind Oakland who lost to Cookeville.u

While the fans knew of the play of Simpson, the player who led the come back the last half was Cash for White. This gritty player continued to cause problems for the Stars defense all night. This White team was an underestimated team that had a number of good players and brought a very good following to the Boro.

Riverdale 50

Lebanon 44

Lanning had 23 and Howse for Lebanon had 17 and Brooks had 13. While Lebanon's record has not been as good lately, their ability to score points could have been the reason. That was not the case tonite as it was reported that they gave Riverdale all they could handle and only till Riverdale put their press on were they able to shake the stingy defense of Lebanon. Lebanon's play will still be a factor in determining the regular season as well as the tournament Championship. This is a good team irregardless of its record.

Cookeville 53

Oakland 45

Cookeville came back the second half and beat a tough oakland team at Cookeville. Oakland led 26-23 at half and Cookeville put on a spurt the last half. Helton had 19 points and Masteer had 14 to lead Cookeville. Tara Davis had 19 and Kierra McCleary had 12 to lead Oakland.

Blackman 53

Warren County 45

Tukeea Hicks had 17 points to lead Blackman and Tessa King had 14 and Taylor Nunley had 16 to lead Warren County. Blackman led at half 24-21 and outscored the pioneers 32-21 the last half to take the victory.

This is the way it was.

Edited by PHargis

Not at all Pioneer. When Siegel plays their game they can be very up tempo. The team speed thing is a misnomer. The P/F s have above average speed. Faulkner, Davis and Burns are extremely quick. They played exactly the type of game I think they should have in the first half. Very few turnovers, outstanding, smothering defense, pushing the ball inside for easy points, then kicking it outside for uncontested 3s. Wright played the most aggressive, complete game I have ever seen her play. Although she did not have a huge night points wise, she certainly was instrumental in the win with her defense and assists.

For whatever reason, the Coaches slowed things way down in the second half. I am not being critical, they just changed the game plan. They forced White County to play defense and commit fouls. Parrott had 20 points in the first half and 4 in the second. We were not pushing the ball inside, or shooting from the outside, for that matter. The game was 10-12 points in Siegels favor for most of the night. White Co made several runs and got within 6 once in the 4th quarter, but Siegel nailed some Free throws and went back up by 10 or 12.

The District is more balanced than I have ever seen it. White County is an extremely diciplined team and is well Coached. They will not be an easy game for ANYONE in the District and will have an upset or two before the smoke clears. Cookeville continues to win, but is tough to figure out how. They are one of the lowest scoring teams in the district, but have the best defense, holding their opponents to less than 36 points per game. ( I guess that's how they do it) They beat Oakland in another close game tonight. Riverdale continues to win, but ran into a tough Lebanon team tonight and only won by 6. Blackman won a close one over Warren County tonight, as well.

Every team had better keep their guard up, as any of the top 6 teams can beat one another on any given night. The District Tournament will be fun, fun, fun. I am really enjoying 7AAA this year! Congrats to all the teams tonight!

wow i was impressed with lebanon. this new coach, he is good, whats his name? tonight was about the most physicall girls game i have ever watched at the high school level. #24 and #44 were definately giving us problems due to height advantage. #11 i believe played some solid D also as bivens for riverdale was held scoreless. riverdale isnt used to playing that type of ball i dont think but good teams can overcome those things and they did just that. lebanon was on the brink of going up big in the early 2nd until riverdale pulled out the full court press which lebanon couldnt handle and created some turnovers. riverdale outscored lebanon 13-5 in the 4th for the win

http://preps.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/...;story_id=13155

bivens was inducted into the 1000 point club prior to the game and lanning became the first ever member i believe of the 2000 point club also prior to the game tonight :thumb: