Daniel Dayton

Slick24

Good post ZCAR and yes Dayton is a junior. I guess every reciever in the KIL is overrated because going into the Powell game he was leading the KIL in recieving yards. Also, like baseballmad said, Lowe had double teams on Dayton all night and I think it was #9 who Lowe had on Dayton's side every single play....The starting corners(#9 and Franklin #1) didn't just go to the same side every time like most corners do, #9 went to Dayton's side of the field literally every play, so obviously he put his best corner and a double team on Dayton all night....He didn't do much against the Panthers because Powell focused on him so much.

As Always....Go Big Red!

hhsbball well I least we looked at the game the same way friday night.

Whats up with this tricky slicky 24 starting this negative post up anyways. I didn't see his number called the other nite. Is he the next D-1 player to come out of Powell. A monday night hero that talks more than he plays. Well bub if you do play next year against our glorified JV team I would watch all your trash talk it may come back to bite you in the butt.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This kid is way over rated

I am sorry I just can't leave this alone its like when Lucas was targeted last year on his stats. Stats generally don't lie so I did a little snooping around on Prepxtra and this is what I found.

Tyler Maples 22 receptions 385 yards 6tds after 7 games: UT

Anthony Anderson 18 receptions 334 yards 6tds after 7 games:UT

Ken Easterly 23 receptions 348 yards 9tds after 6 games: Ole Miss

Kyrus Lanxter 11 receptions 233 yards 3tds after 5 games: West Virginia

The overrated one:

Daniel Dayton 20 receptions 546 yards 7tds after 6 games:The Halls High School

What makes the overrated one even more crediable is Halls only uses one receiver because they run the wing-t formation. The others above have other exceptional athletes to take double or even triple teaming away. So when Cooper goes back to pass there is little mystery were the ball goes. Its the yards after the catch that makes Dayton special.

I don't know what led to the start of this thread. Trash talk at the game who knows but there it is in black and white click on Prepxtra if you want to chew on these figures they are updated as of 10/9/06.

I am sorry I just can't leave this alone its like when Lucas was targeted last year on his stats. Stats generally don't lie so I did a little snooping around on Prepxtra and this is what I found.

The overrated one:

What makes the overrated one even more crediable is Halls only uses one receiver because they run the wing-t formation. The others above have other exceptional athletes to take double or even triple teaming away. So when Cooper goes back to pass there is little mystery were the ball goes. Its the yards after the catch that makes Dayton special.

I don't know what led to the start of this thread. Trash talk at the game who knows but there it is in black and white click on Prepxtra if you want to chew on these figures they are updated as of 10/9/06.

Very nice research and post ZCAR....and like you said, I wonder who throws the ball more: Maryville, AE, West, Alcoa, or Halls....Halls throws probably half or maybe even 1/4 the times these other teams do, and Dayton is the only real threat at reciever and yet he still manages those numbers....Great Job ZCAR!

As Always....Go Big Red!

The overrated one:

Who said Easterly is going to Ole Miss