Knox. Central @ Powell

osunut2

This is an intriguing matchup, considering the way these 2 teams have played lately. Central rolled through their first 4 games, but since then have gone 1-2, including a very sloppy win against SD on Friday, 20-0. Powell is definitely not immune to sloppy play, especially after their 7-6 win against Halls last week. They continue to struggle with the same football fundamentals week in and week out, and at this point, I don't think that is going to change. With that being said, I think Central should win this pretty easily. It's been 5 years since Powell has won this game, and I don't think this year will be any different. Both of these teams are in a fight for home-field advantage in the playoffs, so this is a very big game. I'm picking Central, 31-17.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Powell always plays central tough, If it were not for a couple of mental mistakes Powell would have won this last year.

It all depends on which team shows up, If the Powell that played farragut shows up Powell should win it.

IF the team the played halls shows up Central wins it.

We will see what happens.

Central 21-Powell 17

I think both teams will struggle to score in this one. Central started off the year like the Central teams of recent years. Give Bearden and Maryville credit. They made the Cats offense look weak. I have a lot of concerns, still, about the O line for CHS. They have too many penalties and they seem to miss too many blocks. Against SD, they had a stretch in the 2nd and 3rd quarters where they looked pretty good, but they didn't maintain it.

I believe that Central could throw some short passes and turn them into nice plays against a less athletic Powell team. On D, they need to treat Cruze like they treated Watts. Make him throw the ball. He can be very dangerous running.

It should be a typical hard hitting grudge match like it usually is with these two heated rivals.

My guess: 20-17 Central

Powell is a good football team. I think our defense played a inspiring game to hold them to seven from a long run from Cruze. However Central has a good defense to and the difference over last week is Joel Helton won't put Central in the same position we were in and play for fieldgoals all night(disasterous deceison making) they will open it up even away from home. Central has to many weapons in their offensive set than Halls has. I don't think it will be a blowout but Central by 10 is about right.

Edited by ZCAR