East @ Cherokee

cherokeefan2

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was anyone else at the game last night who could give their op on how East blew out the Chiefs?

In the end it was speed and an offensive plan that gave the Cherokee defensive coaches fits. As I said in this topic earlier, Ramsey IS the fastest QB in the conference. Add in Dockery who can take it to the house everytime he touches the ball and you have, in my opinion, the best QB/RB duo in the conference.

Cherokee's power run game was stopped by the East DL and LBs. Once again, this was what I was alluding to in an earlier post that some of the Cherokee supporters wanted to laugh at. I look forward to reading that paper tomorrow to see the stat lines.

With Boone's loss to Volunteer of all teams last night, the Canes are in possession of the number 2 seed. East still has to beat both Greeneville and Boone. I was totally shocked when I saw the score of the Boone/Volunteer game.

East looked very good last night. If they play with that level of determination through the next 2 games, we will be the 2 seed.

Left to Play

Morristown West 8-0, 5-0 Cherokee, Cocke County

Morristown East 5-3, 4-1 Greeneville, Daniel Boone

Daniel Boone 6-2, 3-2 David Crockett, Morristown East

Cherokee 5-3, 3-2 Morristown West, Volunteer

Greeneville 4-4, 3-2 Morristown East, David Crockett

Volunteer 3-5, 2-3 Cocke County, Cherokee

David Crockett 3-5, 1-4 Daniel Boone, Greeneville

Cocke County 1-7,0-5 Volunteer, Morristown West

Here's a million dollar question.

If East is the #2 seed, where does East and West play and When?

Do they make West play elsewhere?

Do they play one on Friday and another Saturday (Though, that wouldnt be fair to the opponent who has to play on Saturday and have a short turnaround to the next Friday).

That is a great question...........If it comes up, I can see East getting the field first since well.......it actually is their field. Maybe someone from Morristown can help us with this question.

That is a great question...........If it comes up, I can see East getting the field first since well.......it actually is their field. Maybe someone from Morristown can help us with this question.

Here is how it works. Whoever is the higher seed gets priority. If West is number 1 and East is number 2, then East plays on Thursday night and West on Friday. This has never happened, but it very well could this year.

It is a terrible situation, but the county will not build another stadium. They need to put the turf that is at CNC in at Burke-Toney. There is way too much action on that field. Both high schools, bands, all middle school games, all soccer games, and anyone that wants to pay the price in the community to get the field. I think it is only 150 bucks to get the field for an event.

Edited by Ed Masters

Here is how it works. Whoever is the higher seed gets priority. If West is number 1 and East is number 2, then East plays on Thursday night and West on Friday. This has never happened, but it very well could this year.

It is a terrible situation, but the county will not build another stadium. They need to put the turf that is at CNC in at Burke-Toney. There is way too much action on that field. Both high schools, bands, all middle school games, all soccer games, and anyone that wants to pay the price in the community to get the field. I think it is only 150 bucks to get the field for an event.

Agreed.

They spent - from what I heard - around $50k on resodding the field. They do it every year.

Just spend all that money at once....and buy that field turf.

I didn't say Ramsey was plain out SLOW, your comment that said that he was the "fastest quarterback in the conference" sent me into fits of laughter. We have more than "1 or 2" players who run a 4.6 forty or better. Actually I believe I heard that mike sivert timed Junior worley on a 4.3 sprint.

As for the Duo I was speaking of, Look up some stats for Josh Elkins and Josh Williams. I've watched cherokee football for nearly 20 years, and this pair is ranked up at the top best defensive ends we've ever had.

Where did I mention our D was the best? I only stated it is my opinion that east will find it impossible to stop the variety of running attacks this team has. A Homecoming team? Are you kidding me? Anyway I hope you guys keep on with predicting East to win big, because I do love watching the underdog prove everyone wrong.

well what u got to say now guess u throw the stats out the window just be glad they didnt run it up more boy east looked slow didnt they and i saw the game looks like u got the wrong kid runnin quarterback to me

was that your 4.3 guy that ramsey made the move on to gain another 15 yds

It looks like East and West will play Elizabethton and Johnson Co. Respectively in the playoffs. Cherokee and Boone will get beat in the first round playing Tennessee High and South respectively. I think that West and East will win out. In the second round, East will get put out by South and West will roll. South and West will be a great game in the third round.

It looks like East and West will play Elizabethton and Johnson Co. Respectively in the playoffs. Cherokee and Boone will get beat in the first round playing Tennessee High and South respectively. I think that West and East will win out. In the second round, East will get put out by South and West will roll. South and West will be a great game in the third round.

If East is 2nd they will get the loser of the Tennessee High / Johnson Co game (the third place finisher in Region 1). If West is 1st they will play the fourth place finisher in Region 1 (probably Elizabethton). If Boone wins out they will be third in Region two and face the second place finisher in Region 1 (Tennessee / Johnson winner). If Cherokee is 1-1 (loses to West, wins other game) they will be fourth and play the first place team in Region 1 (Sullivan South probably). I believe East will get Tennessee High because I think they will beat Johnson County, but who knows (I also thought Cherokee would make a game of it against East; and Boone would beat Volunteer).

Second round will obviously be the winners of the above matchups with the home field going to the higher seed.

Third round will be the winners and the home field is in the bottom brackett this year (fouth round home is in the bottom brackett this year also).