Brentwood @ Centennial

zoosee12

Ran out of time?? That, my friend, is pretty lame. Do you suggest they play until this afternoon and see what the score is then?

Nearly doubling the amount of points the opponent scores, in my book, is "beat down" status.

Now, this may be "moral victory" status in your book, and that's alright as well.

I thought Brentwood played well enough to win, although missing some of it's guns, and never was in jeopardy at any point. I'll chalk up Centennial's ground success to a short week of prep with still -learning players, against an offense you don't see but once during the season.

In this type of game, and this type of opponent, you do what you need to do and move on.

Good luck in the rest of of your schedule.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Speaking as a Brentwood fan, I didn't see this win as a "beat-down". While the Bruins always had a lead, it was never very comfortable until late in the game, and Shelton's blocked punt that lead to a touchdown was big in terms of breathing room. I was a little uncomfortable with that final touchdown--thought there should have been a way to kill the clock without adding another score that you didn't need, but I also know you can't, and probably shouldn't, take that scoring instinct out of your team.

the game was always in reach for centennial

we kept it close and you couldnt shut down coffee if your life depended on it

Lets keep in perspective here, zoosee. Brentwood's D is still very, very young, and this offense can easily confuse a defense that has no experience against it, especially in a region where shotgun is the formation of choice. Over the last few years, Brentwood and Centennial have had close games, but Centennial still cannot get it done. I will say this once: LOSING A CLOSE GAME IS NOT A MORAL VICTORY. It's a loss, and that's that.

I am glad that Coffee had a big game. He will be leading the team next year, and he needs to get in the swing of things.

I'm actually going to be able to attend a game again. I've been on the road for the last few weeks, so I've missed watching my struggling Centennial team!

with coffee and scales and kelly and the young centennial defense having good game, im actually semi excited about the columbia game and next year

we might actually get a win if we can get a coach who can use them to their full potential

Centennial certainly has a chance in the Columbia game. Their team has been had poor discipline in the last few years, and that is perfect when running the wishbone. However, the defense has to learn to tackle, and coaching has to improve.

alright

first off this was NOT A BEAT DOWN

brentwood scored their final 7 points w/ less than 10 seconds left in the whole game

they werent even meaning to it just kinda happend when they were killin the clock

i look at the score as 30-19

centennial played a great game all around and merely ran out of time to beat brentwood

i told you the game would be close and i was right

if centennial can play as good as they did this week against columbia they might come out w/ a win this year

Lets get one thing straigt the score WAS 37-19 no matter how many minutes left when we scored last. So you don't need to be taking points OFF the board. If your team put 7 points on the board with 10 seconds left I bet you would be counting them for sure. You do realize we were without our stud running back. If you think this was a close game you need a math lesson. I hope for the sakes of the cougar players they come out with a win this year I cannot imagine working as hard as these players do all year and come out winless.

Lets get one thing straigt the score WAS 37-19 no matter how many minutes left when we scored last. So you don't need to be taking points OFF the board. If your team put 7 points on the board with 10 seconds left I bet you would be counting them for sure. You do realize we were without our stud running back. If you think this was a close game you need a math lesson. I hope for the sakes of the cougar players they come out with a win this year I cannot imagine working as hard as these players do all year and come out winless.

Wow man, you need to relax. Please keep in mind that the score of this game was as close a score as Centennial has had all season (aside from the LaVergne).

Wow man, you need to relax. Please keep in mind that the score of this game was as close a score as Centennial has had all season (aside from the LaVergne).

It doesnt matter how close it was Centennial doesnt have what it takes to win and they lost. No surprise there. All that matters is who has the MOST points after the game, you dont get credit for how close you were so get over it.

It doesnt matter how close it was Centennial doesnt have what it takes to win and they lost. No surprise there. All that matters is who has the MOST points after the game, you dont get credit for how close you were so get over it.

Ah shucks, thanks for clarifying the scoring system in high school, chief.

If you think the comment, "Centennial doesnt have what it takes to win and they lost.", is a shocking report to any Centennial fans, guess again.

When a team is heading towards 0-10, moral victories matter a little more than they do for a team that is heading for 10-0, or even 7-3.

Centennial fans spent the first half of the season complaining about the season. We've done all of the complaining that we can do, and at this point, we as fans are looking at how the underclassmen perform.