Sullivan South @ Unicoi County

HiGipper

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not a faithful follower of Erwin although I've spent much time on the Appalachian Trail running through their mountains. It seems their QB is a bit larger than Curt and can throw the ball even though his percentages are in the 30's. They look to have a rather large O Line with one exception 5'8" or 5'9" I think. It looks like their secondary is weak. I played in the same era as Mr. Cooper who is a permanent fixture at the school. It is interesting to note that he (Cooper) was part of the very successful early 70's athletics programs at Erwin. Actually, All of Sullivan County and the Quad Cities were extremely tough in that era which include 2 assistants at South, 2 at Central and actually a time when in the 80's almost every head coach in the Tri-Cities and surrounding areas was from that era. And almost from one school. Suffice to say that Erwin has a good man at the helm. To shut down Souths passing attack will take some trickery. It has been done successfully but the avenues are narrow (oxy-moron) and very risky. Jordan Kitzmiller is on a roll but their are 4 more just like him. I think we will respect anyone we come into contact with after dealing with Greenville and J County. And this Senior group was a bit docile until a couple of weeks ago and now they have the taste of blood in their mouths and crave more. Stacy Carter seems to be on roll in the inovation dept. and at this point in the game he (and company) are creating some offensive wizadry. I hope the game is clean and no one is injured. I also see the same template as Elizabethton. Go Rebels!

Curt Phillips for president!!! unicoi cannot stop the future heisman winner.... good luck though

Unicoi will get dismounted didnt Tn high hang like 45 on them and South beat Tn high by like 10 so I say odds say 55-0 and Arnie I heard you were getting married????? At least Chris I can say Curt cant muff the punt to move on in the playoffs....Tn high 04 ring a bell.... And one more ? for the unicoi hopeful has uncoi ever beaten south and or made the 4a playoffs

Unicoi will get dismounted didnt Tn high hang like 45 on them and South beat Tn high by like 10 so I say odds say 55-0 and Arnie I heard you were getting married????? At least Chris I can say Curt cant muff the punt to move on in the playoffs....Tn high 04 ring a bell.... And one more ? for the unicoi hopeful has uncoi ever beaten south and or made the 4a playoffs

You know as well as I do that you cannot judge an opponent based on who and how well they have played in the past. Preparation and determination, combined with a break or two can overcome any amount of talent...especially if momentum is leaning in your direction. As for your questions, I am not sure if Unicoi has ever beaten South; I'd say not for a long while if ever- which is rapidly becoming the theme for the year. Same can be said for the 4A playoffs. I will give South all the credit for establishing themselves as the premiere program in the conference, but (not taking away from South's impressive team) Unicoi's accomplishments in the past few weeks cannot be taken lightly. While a victory may be a stretch for the Blue Devils, I truly feel that a blowout by South is not in the cards either. Regardless of the score, both programs are going to benefit from a hard-fought football game to be played this Friday- I can't wait to be there!

Edited by Hustle_Will_Win