Sullivan South @ Unicoi County

HiGipper

if you were trying to reawaken this thread.. consider it a success. I'll go ahead and assume that you haven't kept up with football in the past two weeks outside of death valley because it will take a lot more than just showing up. Ask the Cyclones or the Raiders about that one. Never count out a team that has nothing to lose and everything to gain in this match-up. I hope both teams are ready- this might be one not soon forgotten on Gentry.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

South had to play two teams at once tonight. The Blue Devils and The Zebras. This thread will go all the way to the high 20's because of the officiating. The Blue Devils played hard. They sprinted out of the huddle to the line. They sprinted off the field. They sprinted on the field. They looked well diciplined. If the coach condoned the officiating then he is TRASH! If he is a man he will speak up about it and appoligize to S South for the discusting way this game was called. If my son were a member of this team I would remove him. And then to add insult, the Erwin fans chanted for the South team to get off the field in the middle of their post game celebration and interviews. "Get off our field you can't take pictures", I was told by a Devil fan. I took pictures. For the great effort the Devils showed, their fans, student body, and referees showed the most appalling act of unsportsmanlike conduct I have seen in years. Actually, it was one referee in particular...and he should not be allowed to continue with TSSAA. I guarantee you that in spite of the gentleman that Stacy Carter is he will not let this slide. Yes we won so what does it matter? This is principle of the highest degree. This talented group of players from Erwin do not deserve to be tainted by something they had no control of. I will let someone else give the details because I'm so mad I can't continue. Suffice to say it was nothing short of an abomination.

South had to play two teams at once tonight. The Blue Devils and The Zebras. This thread will go all the way to the high 20's because of the officiating. The Blue Devils played hard. They sprinted out of the huddle to the line. They sprinted off the field. They sprinted on the field. They looked well diciplined. If the coach condoned the officiating then he is TRASH! If he is a man he will speak up about it and appoligize to S South for the discusting way this game was called. If my son were a member of this team I would remove him. And then to add insult, the Erwin fans chanted for the South team to get off the field in the middle of their post game celebration and interviews. "Get off our field you can't take pictures", I was told by a Devil fan. I took pictures. For the great effort the Devils showed, their fans, student body, and referees showed the most appalling act of unsportsmanlike conduct I have seen in years. Actually, it was one referee in particular...and he should not be allowed to continue with TSSAA. I guarantee you that in spite of the gentleman that Stacy Carter is he will not let this slide. Yes we won so what does it matter? This is principle of the highest degree. This talented group of players from Erwin do not deserve to be tainted by something they had no control of. I will let someone else give the details because I'm so mad I can't continue. Suffice to say it was nothing short of an abomination.

i guess in Sullivan County a real gentleman runs the score up instead of running the clock. Thats two weeks in a row he's done that.

i guess in Sullivan County a real gentleman runs the score up instead of running the clock. Thats two weeks in a row he's done that.

Even as a South fan I have to agree about running up the score. Why are we in Shotgun and throwing to hurry and score in the fourth quarter with a 22 point lead? when we should be running out the clock and going home (THINK COACH)because we had chances to score earlier and you messed up and even if no one else says it I will apologize to Unicoi for that but I am not going to apologize for being on the field after the game when your band was coming out. Get them to play before, at halftime even Saturday but you can't get redneck when you do not tell anyone and if you did announce it I think you need a better PA system.

Yes the officials were useless among a few other words I would like to use but we shouldn't use that to get mad at Unicoi and show them up. They played a hard game and the official we are speaking of shouldn't be on a football field ever again. Please someone watch this game film from TSSAA and do something about it because this isn't the only time he has messed up.

You know what?...you're not getting off with that remark. Cooper (I won't even say coach) should have called an official meeting in the middle of the game and told them to call it straight or we will end the game. It was that bad! Now previously in this thread I gave kudos to Cooper for what he is doing with the Devils. Now, I just read the paper and no apology from Cooper. That means that he condoned what happened last night. He was interviewed by the paper so he had an opportunity to say what should have been said. Instead he stoically stated that, "We have already forgotten this game". What a disrespectful weasel. And so, yes Stacy should have let Curt score the last TD and for that matter he should have left the A team in to score again and again and again! Run it up coach...is what we were saying and it is what the devil coaching staff, the community, and the student body deserved. The only respectable Erwin people in the house was the players. I feel sorry for them to be surrounded by such trash! No, I won't tender my words because what happened last night was bad...real bad. And for any of the South fans on this thread to not acknowledge it is wrong. This is how bad it was...It was reported that Stacy told the officials that he would not play another game with the referee in question on the field. Now, I did not hear that myself but I don't doubt it and I PRAISE HIM if he did say it. So for you Devil fans on here...if you don't have an apology then shut you mouth because other than an apology you have nothing to say.

Let's just move on. It was a hard week. We lost a great kid at South this week. Some things are just more important than a score, a ref, a football game for that matter. Good job Rebs.

My condolences. I hadn't picked up the paper this week and I haven't been working in Kingsport since Monday, so I haven't heard anything. What happened?

You know what?...you're not getting off with that remark. Cooper (I won't even say coach) should have called an official meeting in the middle of the game and told them to call it straight or we will end the game. It was that bad! Now previously in this thread I gave kudos to Cooper for what he is doing with the Devils. Now, I just read the paper and no apology from Cooper. That means that he condoned what happened last night. He was interviewed by the paper so he had an opportunity to say what should have been said. Instead he stoically stated that, "We have already forgotten this game". What a disrespectful weasel. And so, yes Stacy should have let Curt score the last TD and for that matter he should have left the A team in to score again and again and again! Run it up coach...is what we were saying and it is what the devil coaching staff, the community, and the student body deserved. The only respectable Erwin people in the house was the players. I feel sorry for them to be surrounded by such trash! No, I won't tender my words because what happened last night was bad...real bad. And for any of the South fans on this thread to not acknowledge it is wrong. This is how bad it was...It was reported that Stacy told the officials that he would not play another game with the referee in question on the field. Now, I did not hear that myself but I don't doubt it and I PRAISE HIM if he did say it. So for you Devil fans on here...if you don't have an apology then shut you mouth because other than an apology you have nothing to say.

You completely mistook what Coach Cooper was trying to say. You have to understand that for this Unicoi team, making the 4A playoffs for the first time in school history is the primary goal. All he was trying to say is that we have to put this game behind us and concentrate on our next two opponents. He meant no disrespect- look at it from a coach's point of view. Although I will certainly acknowledge the poor officiating (from both angles), I won't let the head coach's words be used against him. The fact of the matter is we have two games left on our schedule and winning both of them would solidify our spot in the 4th seat of the playoffs. You have the right to be critical about the fans and the officiating but please don't drag the team down. The Blue Devils gave you all as hard of a fight as we possibily could and we respectively lost to a better team. I give Sullivan South all the credit they deserve- I don't believe I've ever seen a better tackling team in person- but make the separation between the fans / officials and the team itself. Best of luck for the rest of the season and represent our conference deep into the playoffs.

Edited by Hustle_Will_Win