Obion County Central

pride&tradition

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tonight is the night, the first game at the new home of OC basketball. Yes I know it's cold, but get out and get to the game. Let's fill it up, and also let's figure out a name for this fine facility.

GO LADY REBELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Some of the students are getting at the gym pretty early...Everyone can't wait for the opening!!!

Go Lady Rebels!!!!

Guest NoPainNoGain

Another solid win for the Lady Rebels, anytime you can have four players in double figures in scoring, you have to be pleased. It could be a long night for Fulton Co. come Tuesday. After the road trip north, the new Home of Lady Rebel and Rebel basketball will be opened up for real Friday night. You only get one chance to say you were at the first game in the new building, SO BE THERE. Let's fill it up! Great job yesterday Lady Rebels.

GO LADY REBELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree that OC has a shot at winning the District and has a fine team, but do not get too cocky yet. I have seen OC twice, and have seen McNairy, Milan and Gibson County so far, and know that Dyersburg will be tough in 13AA. As I stated before, Milan has the most talent of anyone in 13AA, but talent does not always turn into wins, so we will see. I expect the regular season District Champ to have at least 2 loses, maybe 3 or 4, as there a too many good teams. Do not forget about Crockett County as a sleeper also.

I believe that Coach Suiter is doing a fine job and I'm not jumping in that argument, but i do feel like this early scheduling is horrible, whoever made it out. There's no way on earth that beating teams the way they are is going to help them in this extremely competitive district. Beating a team like Gosnell and Mt. Juliet or whoever it was they hung 107 on earlier this year is insane and does nothing for a team, especially when your varsity doesn't play longer than 10 minutes a game. I think the Lady Rebels will win the district this year in my honest opinion, but i just think this schedule will come back to haunt them when it comes down to the nitty gritty.

I believe that Coach Suiter is doing a fine job and I'm not jumping in that argument, but i do feel like this early scheduling is horrible, whoever made it out. There's no way on earth that beating teams the way they are is going to help them in this extremely competitive district. Beating a team like Gosnell and Mt. Juliet or whoever it was they hung 107 on earlier this year is insane and does nothing for a team, especially when your varsity doesn't play longer than 10 minutes a game. I think the Lady Rebels will win the district this year in my honest opinion, but i just think this schedule will come back to haunt them when it comes down to the nitty gritty.

It was Mt.Pleasant...Had OC beaten Mt.Juliet and hung 107 on them,you could probably just go ahead and hand over the state championship...

This kind of scheduling works both ways..It helps build confidence,it also helps build depth....But it also hurts because the two teams they put over 100 on were terrible...If you look at scheduling though,in college teams play multiple cupcakes....I don't think if Central doesn't win the district it will be because of playing Mt.Pleasant and Gosnell......

I agree that OC has a shot at winning the District and has a fine team, but do not get too cocky yet. I have seen OC twice, and have seen McNairy, Milan and Gibson County so far, and know that Dyersburg will be tough in 13AA. As I stated before, Milan has the most talent of anyone in 13AA, but talent does not always turn into wins, so we will see. I expect the regular season District Champ to have at least 2 loses, maybe 3 or 4, as there a too many good teams. Do not forget about Crockett County as a sleeper also.

nopain.....no one is getting cocky, at least not that I see. The Lady Rebels are a solid club, with several early season wins, most against teams that were "over-matched". OC plays South Fulton tonight, a team that is always well coached, and generally when these two get together it is an interesting game. Then the Lady Rebels will travel to Gibson Co next Friday, to begin the District schedule. This is always a "fun" one. It is much too early to get cocky, but not too early to be confident in the fact that OC is a good ballclub. Fill up the "Station" tonight as SF comes in.

GO LADY REBELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

backin....i kind of agree with you about the confidence thing but it can also go far enough to make the team cocky and play a little relaxed against stiffer competition. And my apololgies on the team mix-up i knew it was a Mt. team just didn't remember which one ha..and if you look at college ball over the past few years teams are actually going away from this cupcake scheduling and toward very tough out of conference scheduling to make the conference games that much easier.

backin....i kind of agree with you about the confidence thing but it can also go far enough to make the team cocky and play a little relaxed against stiffer competition. And my apololgies on the team mix-up i knew it was a Mt. team just didn't remember which one ha..and if you look at college ball over the past few years teams are actually going away from this cupcake scheduling and toward very tough out of conference scheduling to make the conference games that much easier.

Don't you think part of the scheduling issues OC has is because of the boys program essentially starting over this year? Just curious......thanks. Watched OC play SF tonight (not scouting, just there to see Jana score her 1,000th point). It is a beautiful facility you guys have over there.......... :thumb:

Thanks Redbirdfan for giving me the tour of the skybox........ :o

nopain.....no one is getting cocky, at least not that I see. The Lady Rebels are a solid club, with several early season wins, most against teams that were "over-matched". OC plays South Fulton tonight, a team that is always well coached, and generally when these two get together it is an interesting game. Then the Lady Rebels will travel to Gibson Co next Friday, to begin the District schedule. This is always a "fun" one. It is much too early to get cocky, but not too early to be confident in the fact that OC is a good ballclub. Fill up the "Station" tonight as SF comes in.

GO LADY REBELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gibson co. defeated a HORRIBLE peabody team tonight...i was expecting peabody to come out and give us a little as this will probably be a down year for gibson co. but we beat them by like 25...howd oc do with south fulton