Tyner @ McCallie

Tynerfan99

Ooltewah beat 3 out of the top 5 teams in the WHOLE STATE lasat year in Cookeville, DB and Oak Ridge! Why in the world would Ooltewah be scared to play McCallie? You can take this arguement up with the big man at Hooterville. Don't try to put down Ooltewah because we don't play the almighty McCallie. Soddy Daisy doesn't play McCallie and I don't see you guys crying about that....

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like to see

Ooltewah - Tyner

Tyner - Red Bank

Red Bank - Ooltewah

McCallie - Ooltewah

Red Bank - McCallie

I think that either Ooltewah or McCallie could beat Red Bank and that Ooltewah or McCallie is the best team in the city. McCallie has played a very tough schedule and Ooltewah has looked impressive. This year with BJ I think McCallie would win, but regardless we will not find out. I just hope both teams win state for Chattanooga football.

Ooltewah beat 3 out of the top 5 teams in the WHOLE STATE lasat year in Cookeville, DB and Oak Ridge! Why in the world would Ooltewah be scared to play McCallie? You can take this arguement up with the big man at Hooterville. Don't try to put down Ooltewah because we don't play the almighty McCallie. Soddy Daisy doesn't play McCallie and I don't see you guys crying about that....

I don't believe Soddy Daisy is on the same level as McCallie and Ooltewah. I think of Ooltewah as being a top chattanooga team, not Soddy Daisy.

I would like to see

Ooltewah - Tyner

Tyner - Red Bank

Red Bank - Ooltewah

McCallie - Ooltewah

Red Bank - McCallie

I think that either Ooltewah or McCallie could beat Red Bank and that Ooltewah or McCallie is the best team in the city. McCallie has played a very tough schedule and Ooltewah has looked impressive. This year with BJ I think McCallie would win, but regardless we will not find out. I just hope both teams win state for Chattanooga football.

I said two years ago the Owls would contend for a state title. ButI am not a fan of the Owls. McCallie , Tyner , Red Bank , South Pitt and the Owls are state contenders. All but the Owls have one. This is Tyner vs McCallie thread.

Edited by ramtrain

Big statement from a man who knows his team will not play McCallie. At least Alcoa had the "ump" (if you know what I mean) to do it. On the other hand, I'm glad McCallie has played the bigger schools, considering they are really a 2A (possibly 3A) school themselves.

I'd like to see Alcoa and McCallie play every year! The last two games have been classics! :thumb:

I think this is an interesting game to see how Tyner plays McCallie...especially since Alcoa beat them. McCallie is probably the best DII team in the state this year. Alcoa beating them speaks volumes. Can Tyner do the same?

Our best defense will have to be our offense staying on the field running the ball; controlling the clock. I am not going to say Tyner is on Alcoa's level, or McCallie's, but I do think we can beat them. We will see tomorrow.

I'd like to see Alcoa and McCallie play every year! The last two games have been classics! :thumb:

I agree, although I am not sure what McCallie will do at QB next year, and I think that BJ is that much of a difference maker.

Our best defense will have to be our offense staying on the field running the ball; controlling the clock. I am not going to say Tyner is on Alcoa's level, or McCallie's, but I do think we can beat them. We will see tomorrow.

I agree, although I am not sure what McCallie will do at QB next year, and I think that BJ is that much of a difference maker.

Johnny Newman, currently a running back, has played QB when Coleman has been taken out. Johnny is much more in the Ryan Moore/Penn Garvich mold. He's about the same size as BJ, maybe faster. Back to the option with occasional pass. BJ's "little brother" is the QB of the 8th grade team - one loss to MBA.

McCallie 37

Tyner 6

This wasn't a ballgame at all, it was the Joel Bradford show.

Opening kickoff, Tyner fumbles, McCallie recovers, 1st play from scrimmage BJ Coleman runs it in from the 10.

Next possesion Tyner drives to the McCallie 4 (about an 85 yard drive for Tyner), Joel Bradford 96 yard interception return for a touchdown.

From that point on...Joel Bradford had another interception, and a punt return for a touchdown.

37 to 0 at halftime.

BJ Coleman was 6 for 8 with 152 yards in the 1st half. (these stats should be close) McCallie's 2nd team played entire 2nd half. 8 minute quarters. McCallie was very impressive and capitialized on early turnovers to put it away early.

Good luck to McCallie the rest of the way!

BJ Coleman was 6 for 8 with 152 yards in the 1st half. (these stats should be close) McCallie's 2nd team played entire 2nd half. 8 minute quarters. McCallie was very impressive and capitialized on early turnovers to put it away early.

How does the reduction of time in quarters work? Do the coaches agree on it at halftime?

I realize the game is effectively over at 37-0 at the half, but to reduce the time of the quarters at just a 5-score margin (assuming some 2-point conversions) seems somewhat premature.

How does the reduction of time in quarters work? Do the coaches agree on it at halftime?

I realize the game is effectively over at 37-0 at the half, but to reduce the time of the quarters at just a 5-score margin (assuming some 2-point conversions) seems somewhat premature.

Yeah both coaches must agree on it at halftime. This is not a region game, so it was a smart move for both coaches to prevent any injuries. I wouldn't say it was premature, it was very one sided.