Strong Rumor............Oak Ridge vs Maryville Week 0 2007

MLREB

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Having watched William Blount play both, I can tell you if Maryville and Ooltewah played, it would be Maryville by as many as they wanted it to be. That is not to take anything away from the Owls, that's just to say Maryville IS that good. Period. End of story.

I fully agree. Maryville would win this one, but I think Ooltewah keeps improving each week with a very young football team. Right now, Maryville would win by a couple touch downs but they wuold not win by as many as they would want to.

No Reb, thank you!

Reading your post, I got some material for a story in the paper tomorrow. :D

No I am not suprized! I am still asking why WB dropped Alcoa, a Blount county rivalry game, and picked up a game four hours away. What message does this tell the players at William Blount? You are not capable of beating a lower classed team?

I was at a game several years ago when William Blount beat Maryville. What a game, went down to the last play for a win, one game I will never forget! And I would also have to believe ever WB player will never forget it either. The last two years William Blount has had the players, not only good enough to beat Maryville, but easily talented enough to compete in the state playoffs!!!!!

Lets face it, dropping Maryville would be the wrong message to our players. Not to mention a Blount county rivalry game and money game.

A long time ago I learned a valuable lesson in athletics, if you want to get better play the best!!!

I agree the kids from Ooltewah don't have much history to build upon, but if you look at their record in recent years in 2-5A, they have been very competitive. The past does not mean a lot concerning the way things are today.

Oak Ridge and Maryville have storied programs, but you would have to be blind to ignore the fact that Ooltewah has been one of the stronger teams in east TN the last 4-5 years. Tradition and history are reason to be proud of, and I think all of the people from Oak Ridge and Maryville have many reasons to be proud. But don't knock the people from Ooltewah for being proud of what they have accomplished in the last few years.

I don't like knocking down any school , but when I feel my school is being slighted I will respond in kind . To all the classy Ooltewah fans like you , I wish the best :thumb:

I don't like knocking down any school , but when I feel my school is being slighted I will respond in kind . To all the classy Ooltewah fans like you , I wish the best :lol:

Who said I was an Ooltewah fan. I never attended that school, nor have I attended any of these schools. I just enjoy hs football and in fact went to high school in another state.

I do enjoy jawing with the Ooltewah fans, but you can't call me for one school or another. I just call them as I see them. Just because I favor one school or another on a given game, does not mean that I favor that school, let alone am I necessarily a fan of that school.

You will find me posting on threads all over the state.

I don't like knocking down any school , but when I feel my school is being slighted I will respond in kind . To all the classy Ooltewah fans like you , I wish the best :lol:

Who said I was an Ooltewah fan. I never attended that school, nor have I attended any of these schools. I just enjoy hs football and in fact went to high school in another state.

I do enjoy jawing with the Ooltewah fans, but you can't call me for one school or another. I just call them as I see them. Just because I favor one school or another on a given game, does not mean that I favor that school, let alone am I necessarily a fan of that school.

You will find me posting on threads all over the state.

Thanks Tank....as I stated it was a strong rumor. I had not heard that the WB administration had stepped in. Let's hope they have a change of heart. WB is a warm up game for Maryville to prepare for the stronger 3-4A competition. Being that the game is at WB next year who knows what will happen when Maryville puts another beat down on them. It's the wild wild West down there.

Anybody surprised that WB COACHES want to end the series? They ended the Alcoa series when a strong class was coming through. Now that Alcoa will be weaker the next two year WB wants to put them back on the schedule. Alcoa has a very strong 8th grade class coming through so I bet WB will want back off Alcoa's schedule in three year.... Anybody see a patern?..... :lol:

No I am not suprized! I am still asking why WB dropped Alcoa, a Blount county rivalry game, and picked up a game four hours away. What message does this tell the players at William Blount? You are not capable of beating a lower classed team?

I was at a game several years ago when William Blount beat Maryville. What a game, went down to the last play for a win, one game I will never forget! And I would also have to believe ever WB player will never forget it either. The last two years William Blount has had the players, not only good enough to beat Maryville, but easily talented enough to compete in the state playoffs!!!!!

Lets face it, dropping Maryville would be the wrong message to our players. Not to mention a Blount county rivalry game and money game.

A long time ago I learned a valuable lesson in athletics, if you want to get better play the best!!!