District 7-AA

yuckamuck

LA should win the district...season anyway, anything can happen come tourn. time. I dont think they will go undefeated, but i could see it happen.

Chase Dunn is a good player with a huge upside. He needs to continue to work hard and improve.

Ramsey from LA will be a good player. He is just big, and he has great footwork and a good feel for the game, look for big numbers in a few games from him

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What about the big Ramsey boy from LA?

I think he will be a good one when he stops growing. He looked like he was a step behind everyone else last year. You've seen kids shoot up 6 or so inches from one year to the next. But in all fairness to him I look for him to step his play up dramatically this year. And the next 2 yrs. he should be a stud horse. I know what would really help him reach his potential as an athlete and that would be to play football. I gurantee you that he would mature physically and emotionally and be one of the most dominate players to every play at LA in basketball.

I'll give you an example ...look at Colson - Cates just to name a few.

Another player to watch this year and he was a good basketball player last year and that is T C Capps from Pickett Co. Just notice how much he has developed as a player this year and how much playing football has helped him develop his mental and physical toughness.

BTW What about the big Ramsey kid that plays at Allons ? I saw him play against Celina the other night and asked somebody who's kid is that. And after I found out I could see the resemblance in looks but no way was dad that quick. lol

I was really impressed with his nose for the ball. He might make a good LB if he tried.

If LA's boys fall short of the expectations of the fans in Livingston this year will this coach get run out of town too? :thumb:

Surelly he wouldn't but who knows. If they'll run a home town boy out, theres a good chance. I highly doubt it though. Unless LA finishes at the bottom of the district, which will not happen.

I agree with this statement......only way any of these teams has a shot at serious postseason is if they go back east again and that won't happen.

you might be right but 8aa didnt exactly dominate 7aa last year ini the region. yes it was a 8aa sweep but look at how the games came out.

goodpasture came out 4 but went in to the district tornament first and beat livingston by about 15. livingston had run the table in 7aa but was beat the worst in the region.

7aa's 2, 3, & 4 barely got beat. Upperman blew a lead late in the game and lost to station camp. Macon county just lost by about 5 or 6 and so did Dekab County. I know haow 8aa has been dominant in the past, but it looks like that may be coming to a end.

Looks like Livingston Academy and White House play saturday at siegel. yes its preseason but we might get an idea of how districts 7 & 8 match up since most say White House may be in the top two iin 8AA.

you might be right but 8aa didnt exactly dominate 7aa last year ini the region. yes it was a 8aa sweep but look at how the games came out.

goodpasture came out 4 but went in to the district tornament first and beat livingston by about 15. livingston had run the table in 7aa but was beat the worst in the region.

7aa's 2, 3, & 4 barely got beat. Upperman blew a lead late in the game and lost to station camp. Macon county just lost by about 5 or 6 and so did Dekab County. I know haow 8aa has been dominant in the past, but it looks like that may be coming to a end.

Looks like Livingston Academy and White House play saturday at siegel. yes its preseason but we might get an idea of how districts 7 & 8 match up since most say White House may be in the top two iin 8AA.

I agree with a lot of what you are saying. 7AA is getting better, and I think this year, could be a turning point for our district.

You,shouldn't say that the 8AA district has always been dominant. Only in the last 3 years or so they have had majority wins in the tournament. Prior to this time 7AA has had teams that advanced in the the 2nd round and into the finals.Ask any coach in 8AA and they will tell you its not a cake walk playing District 7AA to advance.

You,shouldn't say that the 8AA district has always been dominant. Only in the last 3 years or so they have had majority wins in the tournament. Prior to this time 7AA has had teams that advanced in the the 2nd round and into the finals.Ask any coach in 8AA and they will tell you its not a cake walk playing District 7AA to advance.

You are right, I graduated in 05. They swept us last year and in 04. I'm pretty sure thats right. To the best of my knowledge.