Houston -vs- Germantown

Mttgil11p

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks, it appears we aren't TOO overrated :lol:

Congrats to you #11 you played a huge game personally. I am the only Gtwn fan on this forum which posted here before the game. I knew better than to consider you guys (overrated). Check my previous post. I think the fact that the game went into double ot speaks for itself for both teams. Other teams may have counted you out but I didnt. Congrats to your kicker for the field goal which put you into the ot situation.

Congrats to you #11 you played a huge game personally. I am the only Gtwn fan on this forum which posted here before the game. I knew better than to consider you guys (overrated). Check my previous post. I think the fact that the game went into double ot speaks for itself for both teams. Other teams may have counted you out but I didnt. Congrats to your kicker for the field goal which put you into the ot situation.

I really appreciate that-a bunch of guys just stepped up when they needed to; it was hard-fought for both teams. However, with this classic rivalry, like you said, this game was destined to come down to something intense like 2 OT.

Scott and I played competitive baseball together for 3 or 4 years and we're pretty good friends, but every year we played against each other from 7th grade until this year on the football field, we have battled it down to the wire nearly every time:

7th grade: 10-0 (3-0 til the 4th)

(8th grade: 20-6 :lol: )

9th grade: 23-19 (most intense freshman game)

10th grade: 15-14 reg season (playoff 21-0 ;) )

11th grade: 14-7 or 14-10

and this yr, as I didn't expect it to be any different, it was actually more exciting than any of them: 27-24 2 OT

Thanks for not counting us out. I just hope we get to run into each other again in the playoffs.

I really appreciate that-a bunch of guys just stepped up when they needed to; it was hard-fought for both teams. However, with this classic rivalry, like you said, this game was destined to come down to something intense like 2 OT.

Scott and I played competitive baseball together for 3 or 4 years and we're pretty good friends, but every year we played against each other from 7th grade until this year on the football field, we have battled it down to the wire nearly every time:

7th grade: 10-0 (3-0 til the 4th)

(8th grade: 20-6 :P )

9th grade: 23-19 (most intense freshman game)

10th grade: 15-14 reg season (playoff 21-0 :thumb: )

11th grade: 14-7 or 14-10

and this yr, as I didn't expect it to be any different, it was actually more exciting than any of them: 27-24 2 OT

Thanks for not counting us out. I just hope we get to run into each other again in the playoffs.

Well it really is a hard game to loose for either team. this one one was even harder due to the fact that my son was the one who injuredhis knee on our 2nd offensive play of the game. it looks like he is done for the season. Goodluck to you guys from here on out./ I too hope we meet again in the playoffs. Please congratulate Greg for that unbeleavable kick for me.

I think Germantown wins this game. I think Germantown is still the team to beat in 8-5A, even with the OT loss to White Station. I'm not convinced that Houston has what it takes to beat Germantown. We'll see Friday night won't we?

Well, well, well ... you could have pushed me over with a feather when I heard the score. That was a hard faught game.

I need a coke to wash down the crow ... it's a might chewy for my taste!

LOL ... :P

8-5A just got nastier. Two weeks ... Houston and Whitehaven showdown. THAT will be a game to see!

Good work Houston :thumb: ... and don't listen to us ... what do we know? ... :thumb:

Only 5% of the people picked Houston to win in The Big Ones. It was an awesome game and Houston pulled out the victory! So what about this week's game with White Station? Only 5% of the people are picking Houston to win..............I like it!

that's right COACH BRAYYY ...i guess we will see, won't we?

Well it really is a hard game to loose for either team. this one one was even harder due to the fact that my son was the one who injuredhis knee on our 2nd offensive play of the game. it looks like he is done for the season. Goodluck to you guys from here on out./ I too hope we meet again in the playoffs. Please congratulate Greg for that unbeleavable kick for me.

I'm real sorry to hear that. Is your son a senior? And I will tell greg; i know he'll appreciate it. Thanks again

I'm real sorry to hear that. Is your son a senior? And I will tell greg; i know he'll appreciate it. Thanks again

He is a junior. In fact he played on the GYAA Bears with your younger brother. We had an MRI done today and see the doctors tomorrow. We are praying that it is an mcl and not an acl. Mostly because of baseball becasue he catches for the Red Devils also.

He is a junior. In fact he played on the GYAA Bears with your younger brother,and greg too. He also played gyaa sox with several guys on your team. We had an MRI done today and see the doctors tomorrow. We are praying that it is an mcl and not an acl. Mostly because of baseball because he catches for the baseball team also.