Irish Eyes Are Smiling!

Hoya

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We had a tough night last night, but I still feel this team will still compete for the 3A Championship. We played as bad as we have all year, clearly, had a few controversial calls not go our way, and still only lost by 13. I realize many Catholic faithful feel that Fulton fans shouldn't "whine" about the fumble call, but that play could have very well decided that ballgame. The Vic Smith catch could have been incomplete, but looking at the replay, was a call that could've went either way and in the heat of the game, is a very difficult call to make. Was his arm under the football? Hard to tell. On the other hand, the "incomplete" pass call was possibly the worst call in football history, any level, period. That was a 14 point turnaround and the game went from being 21-16 or 14 to 27-8, huge. Who knows what might have been had that went the Falcons way as it should have. Football is a game of momentum and that was a HUGE swing and as Todd Kelly described it, a "Backbreaker". Vic also had a two point conversion CATCH called incomplete, another bad call. Bottom line is this. Even Packer and Kelly were talking about the "luck of the irish" and how Catholic always has the luck of the 4-leaf clover. The Webb game personal foul call last week was real weak and who knows if Catholic wins that one if that's not called. The Falcons need to step it up a notch the next meeting, hopefully with Freeney potentially playing and more use of their plays not used at all last night. Don't count em out yet.

i am a huge catholic fan, and i apologize if this ruffles some feathers, but catholic was obviously the better team last night. i think if you all put anthony hamilton on our team there is no way fulton scores in this game. catholic's lines both way pretty much had their way with fulton with the exception of hamilton. the reason there hasn't been so many posts arguing the no-call (which it was) fumble is because fulton fans know they got beat, plain and simple, by a better team. not only was harrison, by far, the best player on the field, dennis rogan barely can hold a cleat to him.

i am a huge catholic fan, and i apologize if this ruffles some feathers, but catholic was obviously the better team last night. i think if you all put anthony hamilton on our team there is no way fulton scores in this game. catholic's lines both way pretty much had their way with fulton with the exception of hamilton. the reason there hasn't been so many posts arguing the no-call (which it was) fumble is because fulton fans know they got beat, plain and simple, by a better team. not only was harrison, by far, the best player on the field, dennis rogan barely can hold a cleat to him.

You are correct KC looked like they outplayed Fulton last night ... but if the call (THE WORST CALL I HAVE EVER SEEN ) goes to the Falocns then we may be talking about KC outplaying Fulton but Fulton coming back to win ... it happened last year in the playoffs .. Fulton clearly outplayed KC for the game and should have had game out of reach but Superman HS saved the day ..but Fulton did outplay KC in that game ..so remember the time that outplays the other dont always win and that could have happened last night had THE CALL been called correctly !!!! Now Falcons have more incentive .. plus Freeney may be back and I think the QB for Fulton will play better .. look for Fulton to do what KC did to them last year .......

i am not sure you can say fulton had a bad game. you could say catholic had a better game. yes the call was bad but you guys scored on the next dirve anyways so whats the big deal

Whats the big deal ... you goofball .. cant you add ??? 21 - 8 when it happened .. if the call was called correctly then its either 21-14 or 21 -16 with Fulton having momentum ..

Congrats to Catholic on the win, however there fans better not think about this one too long. This was only the regular season meaning. This only means playoff placement. Now Fulton has the fuel to add to the fire next time you guys meet in the playoffs. So yes it is a great win, but in the big scheme of things it means nothing.

Only home field advantage through out the playoffs.

You are correct KC looked like they outplayed Fulton last night ... but if the call (THE WORST CALL I HAVE EVER SEEN ) goes to the Falocns then we may be talking about KC outplaying Fulton but Fulton coming back to win ... it happened last year in the playoffs .. Fulton clearly outplayed KC for the game and should have had game out of reach but Superman HS saved the day ..but Fulton did outplay KC in that game ..so remember the time that outplays the other dont always win and that could have happened last night had THE CALL been called correctly !!!! Now Falcons have more incentive .. plus Freeney may be back and I think the QB for Fulton will play better .. look for Fulton to do what KC did to them last year .......

What game did you watch? The fumble was clearly a bad call. But those refs gave Fulton every call and plenty of missed calls. Somehow I think Coach Pemberton will have them ready with the necessary adjustments to play Fulton again in the playoffs. It figures that Catholic wins and Fulton fans say they were cheated. The refs made bad calls all night. They had everything to do with Fulton not handling Catholic's blitzes (when they chose to use them). When Fulton beat Catholic last year I don't recall Catholic fans blaming refs or anything like that. I for one was the first to admit that Fulton was the better team then. Fulton was suppose to be the better team last night, so how can you not say that Catholic outplayed them? Oh I forgot, we are not suppose to beat "power" programs, unless the refs cheat.

Edited by ScottA11

I've been saying it for the longest, "Fulton was doomed for a bad game!" Well that bad game came last night and now Fulton must build off this lost. But its kind of funny that everyone is saying these two teams will meet up again in the Playoffs, are you all overlooking the other teams? Cough Cough AE? I mean, AE only lost to Cat by 11 points and Fulton lost to Cat by 12, that makes AE 1 point better than Fulton- LOL

But it was a good game last night by both teams.. But like I said in another thread if you stop Rogan you have a chance. Catholic did that.

Someone stated that Freeney and Wagner need to stop trying to be gangsta's well my opinion toward that is, "You need to stop labeling them as gangsta's and go lend a Positive helping hand to them."

Nice. This didn't take long.

The Lindsey fumble could have been a touchdown, I agree. Of course, after the whistle, no one on Catholic tried to tackle the Fulton player with the ball. But, in any event, the refs also blew Fulton's first touchdown which was clearly an incompleted pass on replay. Those two mistakes more than evened out.

As for the rest of the game, Catholic beat Fulton pretty soundly.

I attended this game and glad that I did. It was a good football game between two class 3A powerhouses. Catholic was very impressive and dominated the game. Could be a different story the next go around. I hope to see take 2 as well.

What game did you watch? The fumble was clearly a bad call. But those refs gave Fulton every call and plenty of missed calls. Somehow I think Coach Pemberton will have them ready with the necessary adjustments to play Fulton again in the playoffs. It figures that Catholic wins and Fulton fans say they were cheated. The refs made bad calls all night. They had everything to do with Fulton not handling Catholic's blitzes (when they chose to use them). When Fulton beat Catholic last year I don't recall Catholic fans blaming refs or anything like that. I for one was the first to admit that Fulton was the better team then. Fulton was suppose to be the better team last night, so how can you not say that Catholic outplayed them? Oh I forgot, we are not suppose to beat "power" programs, unless the refs cheat.

Look at my post from the first page of this thread. There was no whining. Fulton got outcoached and outplayed. We had opportunities that we didn't take.

Get off your pedestal.