TN High @ Johnson County

My opinion for what it is worth is that Elizabethton will be in the playoffs and 3 of 4 MLC teams will win. If Betsy' wins the rest of their games and I think they will and if Bristol beats J County and Unicoi wins their remaining games then 3 teams will have 4 conference wins. What will decide 3rd and 4th? :huh:

Unicoi, a fan favorite for being such underdogs, will drop one of their last two. Johnson County will drop their last two. One due to depth and the last due to a choke. Just an opinion and I like them both for what they have achieved this year. They are to be commended! :huh:

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unicoi, a fan favorite for being such underdogs, will drop one of their last two. Johnson County will drop their last two. One due to depth and the last due to a choke. Just an opinion and I like them both for what they have achieved this year. They are to be commended! :huh:

Unicoi will win out. They have the easiest schedule. Johnson Co will lose to TN High, but this is their year to beat the boys from Betsy. I wouldnt be a bit surprised if they beat the Vikes.

My opinion for what it is worth is that Elizabethton will be in the playoffs and 3 of 4 MLC teams will win. If Betsy' wins the rest of their games and I think they will and if Bristol beats J County and Unicoi wins their remaining games then 3 teams will have 4 conference wins. What will decide 3rd and 4th? :lol:

To help with your question posted way back when compusatman, if both Elizabethton and Unicoi win the rest of their games, putting Johnson County (assuming they lose to Tennessee High) with the same exact record, the situation would play out like this:

Under the 2006-7 TSSAA Guidlines consulting Tie-Breakers for playoff placement, the first determining factor is overall record. Johnson County would take third place in the conference standings with a record of 7-3. Unicoi County would take the forth and final spot with a record of 5-5, due to the fact Elizabethton would be 4-6. The tie breaker rules can be found at this address:

http://www.tssaa.org/Handbook/football.pdf

I hope this helps whoever else might be interested and good luck to all teams represented on this thread!

Looking back I dont think TN High will win in Mtn City. Theyve struggled. Too many turnovers against DB, of course DB is good, on paper betta than South, who took it to em, Strong defense against East, but no offense, East has a good defense though. Only beat Central by 19. Quite a bit, but its Central, couldve been bad. I dont think theyre playin well at all. Dont be suprised if they lose to J Co. J Co has a big advantage on theyre field. TN High is used to nice stad. Theyre practically goin 2 a cow field. J Co will take advantage of it. Will go down to the wire.

To help with your question posted way back when compusatman, if both Elizabethton and Unicoi win the rest of their games, putting Johnson County (assuming they lose to Tennessee High) with the same exact record, the situation would play out like this:

Under the 2006-7 TSSAA Guidlines consulting Tie-Breakers for playoff placement, the first determining factor is overall record. Johnson County would take third place in the conference standings with a record of 7-3. Unicoi County would take the forth and final spot with a record of 5-5, due to the fact Elizabethton would be 4-6. The tie breaker rules can be found at this address:

http://www.tssaa.org/Handbook/football.pdf

I hope this helps whoever else might be interested and good luck to all teams represented on this thread!

Thanks for the help. :lol:

M East will beat Boone. Elizabethton will beat J County 'cause after Bristol gives them a lesson in defense they will still be in the classroom when Betsy comes callin'. Just an opinion from the South Side... :thumb:

Agreed. East is probably playing as well as anyone right now in the 5 Rivers conference and they will be 2nd seed which means they will be slotted in the upper bracket along with South. Mo-East at South would be a great 2nd round game to watch.

Well it is a big game this week for the Vikes. They have started back on their track to the play-offs. Still not the team they "were" Maybe a reason for their performance on the field the past couple of weeks is from the amount of support they have lost after the DB and South games. Before you could see Viking fans showing tons of support and love for these kids, ever since the DB game there has been mostly doubt. Now I am even seeing Viking fans choose the other teams to win. I don't care how good the other team is, if the Vikes are your team you need to support them and show them love no matter what happens. I mean there is nothing like seeing and hearing people talk their doubts and leave people criticisms one after another. Would't make me want to play for a bunch of doubters that don't expect you to win anyways. Vikings love your team, it is a game, unusual things do happen. Let them go and get back to the team you were before the losses!!!

Very well said "playa".....good to still see that mentality out there...

the vikings will play the first COMPLETE game of this season. We are ready for a battle, and trust me we're gonna bring it to them. Viking D will shut 25 down all night. Vikings roll in this one.

Viking Pride!

That’s what I’m talkin about!!! If we go out focused and ready to play this will be a convincing win.

THS 23

JC 0