TN High @ Johnson County

THS seniors realize if they lose this game, they have already played their final game EVER in the Stone Castle. That just isnt a pill this group is willing to swollow. Expect a breakout game for the Vikings, 2 weeks in a row without being tested gave this group time to recover from back-to-back devestating losses, but i believe it will only make this group tougher in the long run. Make no mistake about it, if the Vikings come out with the right attitude, it will be a long night for Mr. Atwood and the Mnt. City Longhorns. But weither that happens is up to the players. Thats why you play the game. I have tons of respect for Johnson County and the way they play. This 2A team is always a team to look out for in this 4A conference. However, the Longhorns rely too much on #25, He is the entire offense, the target is on his chest, the Viking D knows who it is to stop, if Atwood get 100 yards rusing in this game he will have my vote for All-State seeing as no back has put 100 on the Vikings single handedly all season. The question is if a shakey Viking Offense who hasnt looked crisp in a while, can find their rythm.

Vikings-28

Longhorns-14

(Side Note: THS will be without Senior Guard A.J. Kirkman for the rest of the season. The 5'11 285 pounder tore his MCL during practice on Wendesday. Look for freshmen Bradly Tallman and Alex Taylor to step into action the rest of the season. Junior previous starter Justin Hutchinson 5'10 255lbs is still sidelined with multiple concusions. Senior defensive tackle standout Nathan Bryant 6' 220 is back to form after a seperated shoulder has hampered his play the last 3 weeks. Senior MLB Stan Franczek 5'11 185lbs missed the second half of last week's game due to being kicked in the mouth. However, he will be starting and should not be affected by the injury tomorrow night.)

Edited by ftball89

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Voice has been silent on the boards for a couple of weeks now. But have no fear The Voice is always here and I've been watching. It seems like there has been a lot of hating and comparing and finger pointing going on and a lot of trash talking about our boys. But I'm glad to see a more positive tone going on. So we lost two games. We lost to two good football teams. No shame there. So we've been a little off kilter since. Hey no sweat we put two wins in the collumn. Let's look at some numbers. Number three in the MT Lakes in total offense number one in rushing offense by almost 500 yards (& That is without a 1000 yard back. Not bad for run by committee.). Number two in scoring offense by a mere point. Number one in the MT Lakes in total defense and number one in scoring defense.

Looks to me like players making plays.

I'm glad to see a positive attitude from "playa" and "battle" cause we'll need it against the Horns. They want us BAD! We need all the positive reinforcements we can get. Nothin' but love for the maroon and white and the boys wearing it. JC has become a force to be reckoned with in the MLC and just making the playoffs isn't good enough for them. They want to beat one of the traditional powers. Last year when we locked horns with them it took two nights to beat them. They "beat" us on Friday night, but we were able to turn it around on Saturday night. We won't have that luxury this year. And just like my man "battle" told me before the Saturday night extension last year, "these boys are for real, they ain't no joke."

JC is for real. Coach Atwood has done a great job and his son is a tremendous talent. They have a good qb with talented targets to throw to. Their "D" will hit hard all night long.

This one won't be pretty. It won't be text book. It will be a hard fought, physical gridiron war decided only by who wants it more. When it's all said and done and the final seconds tick off of the clock, I BELIEVE the Vikings will be the ones left standing.

Go Vikings! This one is for one more in The Castle!

Edited by VikingVoice

The Voice has been silent on the boards for a couple of weeks now. But have no fear The Voice is always here and I've been watching. It seems like there has been a lot of hating and comparing and finger pointing going on and a lot of trash talking about our boys. But I'm glad to see a more positive tone going on. So we lost two games. We lost to two good football teams. No shame there. So we've been a little off kilter since. Hey no sweat we put two wins in the collumn. Let's look at some numbers. Number three in the MT Lakes in total offense number one in rushing offense by almost 500 yards (& That is without a 1000 yard back. Not bad for run by committee.). Number two in scoring offense by a mere point. Number one in the MT Lakes in total defense and number one in scoring defense.

Looks to me like players making plays.

I'm glad to see a positive attitude from "playa" and "battle" cause we'll need it against the Horns. They want us BAD! We need all the positive reinforcements we can get. Nothin' but love for the maroon and white and the boys wearing it. JC has become a force to be reckoned with in the MLC and just making the playoffs isn't good enough for them. They want to beat one of the traditional powers. Last year when we locked horns with them it took two nights to beat them. They "beat" us on Friday night, but we were able to turn it around on Saturday night. We won't have that luxury this year. And just like my man "battle" told me before the Saturday night extension last year, "these boys are for real, they ain't no joke."

JC is for real. Coach Atwood has done a great job and his son is a tremendous talent. They have a good qb with talented targets to throw to. Their "D" will hit hard all night long.

This one won't be pretty. It won't be text book. It will be a hard fought, physical gridiron war decided only by who wants it more. When it's all said and done and the final seconds tick off of the clock, I BELIEVE the Vikings will be the ones left standing.

Go Vikings! This one is for one more in The Castle!

But the thing is...we are THE Tennessee High Vikings,We... are what "real" is compared to...we will play to the fullest, we will leave nothing on the field and we will ...well you know....

I did not realize you had so many injuries. I thought we were the only ones to have megainjuries. Anyway, I said my say early in this thread and stand by it. It is great that the competition is from our own conference. I'm proud that J County is of the calibre' that they have become. I wish for everyone to step it up. It will only make us all better. Play hard, play clean and no one gets hurt! I sure would like to see this one but I'm relegated to the Mason-Dixon Bowl. Good Luck from the South Side! :thumb:

This game will be up to our front line of defense. Atwater is a good back but the Vikings specialize in stopping the run. The Bristol Harold has Johnson County as the favorite in the showdown and they state the reason being injuries to the Viking linemen and the fact that JC led most of the game between them and South. The Long Horns will have to break out more of their weapons to be successful in this game because I have a feeling it’s not going to be an easy game for #25!!! :thumb:

Some useless stats .....

Johnson County - 7-1, 4-1 avg 28.4 ppg offense and 13.4 allowed ppg

Tennessee - 6-2, 4-1 avg 27.4 ppg offense and 12.8 allowed ppg

common opponents:

Unicoi Co. - JC 49-21; TN 55-0

South - JC 10-14; TN 18-28

East - JC 14-0; TN 21-2

Central - JC 38-14; TN 28-7

out-of-conference records/results

Johnson County - opponents records 14-9 (.608)

JC 17 Hampton 14 (class 1A, 7-1 overall)

JC 37 CAK 24 (class 2A, 4-3 overall)

JC 35 happy valley 0 (class 2A, 305 overall)

Tennessee High - opponents records 18-6 (.750)

TN 34 VA High 6 (overall 5-3)

TN 7 D-B 41 (class 5A, 8-0 overall)

TN 21 Science Hill (class 5A, 5-3 overall)

--------------------

This will be one of the better games in NE Tennessee tonight and will solidify the winner's claim to 2nd slot in region 1 and a first round home game against Boone, Cherokee, or Volunteer (long shot). Both teams on paper appear to be very even but in looking at their out-of-conference opponents, TN looks to have played the tougher non-conference schedule which I think will benefit them in this game. I think the Vikings win by a TD.

That’s what I’m talkin about!!! If we go out focused and ready to play this will be a convincing win.

THS 23

JC 0

Sure hope its an injury free night for you there in the stands, Cap. This week's on-line coaching clinic has been entertaining.

Johnson County wins this one in spite of all your cheerleading.

:thumb:

Sure hope its an injury free night for you there in the stands, Cap. This week's on-line coaching clinic has been entertaining.

Johnson County wins this one in spite of all your cheerleading.

And I thought I was the only jokester on here. You’re a riot Exxon…I mean 03!!! :thumb: