Oak Ridge Head Coach

Cats meow

Superintendent Tom Bailey has made two bad hires at Oak Ridge, last year the principal he hired lasted nine months and he had to let her go for not being able to handle her job. Stanton Stevens has brought the Oak Ridge football program to a new low in discipline. Not only does he let players quit and rejoin the team, This is a fact but today he didn't show up for the Saturday morning workout leaving the players outside just to wonder who was in charge. One penalty after another on the field and week after week players are unable to play because they don't care enough to play for this man. Bailey lets get a professional in this job and not a glorified boys club coach.

Edited by Cats meow

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ComeHomeGaddis

First of all PowellFan and ImaOwl aren't close to the Oak Ridge situation so you have to take their opinions with a grain of salt. The majority of Oak Ridge fans accepted him and his position with open arms, but now the fans see that its all about Stanton Stevens and not the players and the program. I played for him so i know the situation from a personal experience; I mean anybody could have coached last years team to a state championship appearance. Even you PowellFan. I grew up watching and admiring Joe Gaddis and his coaching ability, and frankly Stanton you are no Joe Gaddis.

Edited by ComeHomeGaddis

Gaddis is not coming back, get past it.

ComebackGaddis I see this is your first post under your new name.

While the first half last night was not what anybody wanted, the second half was a different thing entirely. I watched from the sidelines and saw a group of young athletes coming together. Different from most games, they were working with each other, talking on the field, supporting one another. Hang in there TEAM!

Edited by OakRidgeCat

Maybe he overslept... Why is everyone so mad at this guy? Curious, when was the last time Oak Ridge won a state championship?

One person posts their opinion and you ask why "everyone" is mad? That makes no sense.

FYI, people in Oak Ridge are allowed to have their own opinions on things. Oak Ridgers are not sheep. I personally want Coach Stevens to stay and wish this tread was never created but everyone has the right to speak their mind. Maybe that is why Oak Ridge has won at least one State Championship in the 1950's, 1960's. 1970's, 1980's, 1990's, along with three Semifinal appearances in the current decade.

Just wondering, when was the last time Ooltewah won a State Championship? Oh, I remember....NEVER :D Just teasing.

Edited by WillieTheWildcat

Guest ComeHomeGaddis

Yes this is my first post I am just interested in the current coaching situation. Like I said before I played for Coach Stevens and I am not against my former teammates I am all for them; but if you ask them almost to a every one of them would say that do not believe that he is taking our program in the right direction. Yea sure i know that Gaddis isn't coming back; I could have said Lussier, Hale, or even Ron Grey just anybody except for Stanton. I would even have taken Coach Young over Stanton Stevens. And even my Dad even said that Coach Young was terrible.

Yes this is my first post I am just interested in the current coaching situation. Like I said before I played for Coach Stevens

ComeHomeGaddis,

Your two posts are very well written and well stated. Oak Ridge’s schools can be proud of producing an 18 or 19 year old like you. I disagree with you but I want to thank you for helping the Cats reach State last year.

I enjoyed cheering for Coach Gaddis' teams but I also remember the 1992 team that struggled with many of the problems some people feel this year's team has.

Personally, I believe this year's team is going to win the next two games and continue the winning tradition of Wildcat football. I just simple believe in the players and will never quit on them.

Coach Stevens needs to explain to the kids that have worked all summer long how he can let two of his favorites quit the team, sit in the stands one week and then play the next week.Is this fair? Where was he this morning? He tells the kids that they should be there on Saturday or not play the next week. Should he be suspended for the Ooltewah game?

Edited by Cats meow

Guest afaninthestands

I agree with the original thread that started this conversation. Mr. Bailey does need to review hiring this head coach. After all Mr. Bailey refused to accept the selection commitees recommendation for the coaching position and forced the selection of this coach upon the school program.

As to Coach Stevens coaching ability could be summed up by things that occured last season. It is not known to the general public that the two games that were lost last year. Coach Stevens informed the offensive coordinator that he would be calling the plays. Coach Stevens had not watch any of the other teams game films to prepare for calling the plays those weeks. This shows that Coach Stevens has a lack of committment to last years team and you are only seeing more of his none committment to the program by his not being present for practice this morning or lack of discipline or structure that the program is accustom to and considers this part of it's Pride and Tradition

Therefore I agree that Oak Ridge needs a new head coach