Stewart Co. @ Waverly Central

15 NWTF 08

great game...great job by everyone..corb jones started off on fire and u could tell by tha way he bulldozed thru the stewart county lines....and awsome job at qb, dont see y he wasnt there more this season....also, best game iv seen green play in a while....have fun next week in loretto dont think ill make it...

lol this game was over from kick, im surprised there wasnt more ppl to leave in the 3rd like me 2 go 2 tha derby...that was great fun! lol

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Waverly could have scored as much as they wanted tonight. Stewart County fans, you should be highly upset. any coach that plays his first string trying to score on freshmen and sophomores should be fired. You wonder why Stewart County can't have winning seasons. This is why. You play your subs when the other teams subs are playing, that way they get better especially in the fourth quarter.

Actually, I know how you feel but it's still a good problem when you think about it. Meaning that the Tiger offense is now picking up a lot of punch and showing the ability to blow people out by halftime. Some of our region schools are pretty bad about playing the starters when they are down 5-6 touchdowns. As you said, it's terrible to do that when they should be trying to get better for the future.

And by the way, congrats on the big win. Hope fully your offense can keep it going for a big one enxt week against Loretto and carry a lot of momentum into the playoffs.

great game...great job by everyone..corb jones started off on fire and u could tell by tha way he bulldozed thru the stewart county lines....and awsome job at qb, dont see y he wasnt there more this season....also, best game iv seen green play in a while....have fun next week in loretto dont think ill make it...

lol this game was over from kick, im surprised there wasnt more ppl to leave in the 3rd like me 2 go 2 tha derby...that was great fun! lol

THAT IS A PROBLEM. atY FOR THE WHOLE GAME AND CHEER FOR THE GUYS WHO GET LESS PLAYING TIME. I DID AND IT WAS GREAT TO SEE THE YOUNGER PLAYERS GET SOME CHEERS. YOU LEFT AND WENT TO A STUPID DERBY AND MISSED THE GREATEST HIT OF THE NIGHT BY A JV PLAYER. COULD NOT SEE WHO IT WAS BUT IT WAS AWESOME. IF YOU ARE A REAL FAN STAY NEXT TIME AND GIVE THE JV SOME PROPS. TO ALL OF THE OTHER FANS WHO STAYED AND BRAVED THE COLD, I SLAUTE YOU. I THINK OUR YOUNGER BOYS WERE GLAD TO HEAR YOU YELLING FOR THEM.

the tigers are now undefeated at home for the first time since the late 80's. the tigers had a great game and will end up putting 60+ points on the board.

good job wavo and good luck agaist the winless 0-9 loretto mustangs.

DON'T TAKE LORETTO LIGHTLY. COACH GRAVES STATED THAT THEY ARE PROBABLY THE BIGGEST TEAM IN OUR CONFERENCE. WAVERLY CAN NEVER TAKE ANYONE LIGHTLY, THEY NEED TO GO ONE GAME AT A TIME. KEEP ON TRUCKIN TIGERS.

Waverly could have scored as much as they wanted tonight. Stewart County fans, you should be highly upset. any coach that plays his first string trying to score on freshmen and sophomores should be fired. You wonder why Stewart County can't have winning seasons. This is why. You play your subs when the other teams subs are playing, that way they get better especially in the fourth quarter.

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

DON'T TAKE LORETTO LIGHTLY. COACH GRAVES STATED THAT THEY ARE PROBABLY THE BIGGEST TEAM IN OUR CONFERENCE. WAVERLY CAN NEVER TAKE ANYONE LIGHTLY, THEY NEED TO GO ONE GAME AT A TIME. KEEP ON TRUCKIN TIGERS.

I agree do not overlook Loretto. they have the potential to be a good football team, but they make silly mistakes and penalties. For example snapping the ball over the qb's head when you are driving in close to a score and ending up punting from your own 40 yard line. I think waverly has the better team, just do not get overconfident with them.

Great game Wavo. I though you guysmight open it up a little bit this week. Goodluck we'll be pulling for you guys in the playoffs.

I FORGOT TO MENTION THAT YOU WANT TO TAKE A MANS LIVELY HOOD AWAY BECAUSE HE IS DOING WHAT IS BEST FOR HIS PROGRAM. YEAH LETS FIRE THIS MAN AND HIRE THE 6TH FOOTBALL COACH IN 10 YEARS, THAT WILL REALLY AS YOU STATED HELP THEM HAVE WINNING SEASONS. YOU ARE A JOKE I CANT BELIEVE THEY LET YOU TALK ON THE RADIO YOUR BAD ENOUGH ON THE COMPUTER WHERE KNOW ONE CAN HEAR YOU.

I agree do not overlook Loretto. they have the potential to be a good football team, but they make silly mistakes and penalties. For example snapping the ball over the qb's head when you are driving in close to a score and ending up punting from your own 40 yard line. I think waverly has the better team, just do not get overconfident with them.

Great game Wavo. I though you guysmight open it up a little bit this week. Goodluck we'll be pulling for you guys in the playoffs.

Thanks CardFan...Congrats on yalls win this past week.

A few comments. Waverly played an excellent game last night on Senior night. All the Seniors should be commended for their dedication in helping put the Tiger football team back to their winning tradition. The offensive line (no Seniors) were as dominant tonight as they have been all year. Keep working hard! Luke Anderson did a fine job tonight at quarterback. He brings a lot of athleticism to the position. Luke can play nearly anywhere on the field and if his body were as big as his heart, he could play in the line too. The defense, under Coach Cash, continues to be the strength of the team. Now, the bad part last night?? THE PENALTIES!!! The Tennessean's box score had the Tigers penalized 10 times for 100 yards. It seemed like a lot more. And how many positive yards were lost because of the plays being called back? Way too many. Good luck next week @ Loretto. It is a long ride (thanks T$$AA) and Loretto did play Adamsville to a 7-0 game last night. They have nothing to lose so you better be ready.

Now, concerning the comments about Stewart County keeping their starters in the game. Somewhat mixed feelings on that. I am glad, from a Waverly standpoint, that the Tiger reserves had a chance to play against S.C.'s best. It will only give them a better feel for what it takes to compete at the Varsity level as they prepare for their chance in later years. Sure, the final score was not indicative of the game but the players and coaches involved know who the dominant team was last night. And for the Waverly JV players, they need to step up. I could be wrong but it appeared some of those same Rebel starters you faced were the same players you played against a few weeks ago in a JV contest. I don't remember the final score, am thinking 14-12, but who remembers JV scores anyway. I do remember however, the victory celebration that took place after the game by the S.C. team. I thought dang, either this team has never won a game before or they just continued their undefeated season. Maybe a S.C. poster can let me know.

Can anyone tell me how Tyler Fuller did in the game he is my cousin and I did not get to make it to any games this weekend work and all Got two darn good ballplayers goiing right now with my younger "he's bigger than me can't say little" brother playing at camden and cousin tyler at waverly "makes for great bridge talk"

Anyone mind posting some stats if they know how many receptions? yards? how he did on D ?? would really appreciate it

WHAT IF THE MAJORITY OF THE KIDS STILL ON THE FIELD ARE YOUR FUTURE?WHAT IF YOU ARE TRYING TO TEACH THOSE SAME KIDS THAT THEY HAVE TO KEEP COMPETING AND NEVER QUIT?WHAT IF THE 2S 3S AND 4S CAN NOT WALK AND CHEW GUM AT THE SAME TIME AND YOU DO NOT WANT TO EMBARRASS THEM? WHAT GOOD DOES THAT DO FOR YOUR YOUNG KIDS, THATS WHY YOU PLAY A JV SCHEDULE.THERE ARE MANY FACTORS THAT DETERMINE WHO PLAYS WHEN,NOT A WRITTEN RULE THAT SAYS WHEN ONE TEAM IS UP LET ALL THE SUBS PLAY. IT IS DIFFRENT FOR EACH PROGRAM SO MAKE SURE THAT YOU KNOW THE PROGRAMS INTENTION BEFORE YOU MAKE COMMENTS ON AFUTURE THAT YOU ARE NOT A PART OF.

First, if they are the future, what will they learn playing 3rd and 4th teamers. Second, even if the guys on the bench can't chew gum and walk, they go to practice every day just like everyone else. They deserve a chance to play in the game. What does it prove to Stewart County players if they score 16 points in the last 5 minutes of the game against freshmen and sophomores. As far as JV. Stewart County lets their starters play in JV too.

I FORGOT TO MENTION THAT YOU WANT TO TAKE A MANS LIVELY HOOD AWAY BECAUSE HE IS DOING WHAT IS BEST FOR HIS PROGRAM. YEAH LETS FIRE THIS MAN AND HIRE THE 6TH FOOTBALL COACH IN 10 YEARS, THAT WILL REALLY AS YOU STATED HELP THEM HAVE WINNING SEASONS. YOU ARE A JOKE I CANT BELIEVE THEY LET YOU TALK ON THE RADIO YOUR BAD ENOUGH ON THE COMPUTER WHERE KNOW ONE CAN HEAR YOU.

You are not doing what is best for your program if you don't play the younger players and let them get some game experience. There's a reason that Stewart is consistently the door mat in football. As far as taking away his livlihood. He only gets a small supplement to coach and I guarantee he spends it going to practices and games. JUSTASKME you are the one who doesn't have a clue. :justwrestle: I am actually taking up for your young guys, you just aren't smart enough to realize it.

Edited by papatiger