HOW'S VAN BUREN GOING TO BE

Get-r-Done

It is, as always, a question of the competition. In 9A Forrest, Cascade, MTCS, and Community will all be better teams than last year and Eagleville will be about the same early on with a chance to be better later in the year. That is 10 of Van Buren's games, almost half the schedule.

They lost some key people. Who is replacing them? Do they make the team better, if so by how much?

It is, as always, a question of the competition. In 9A Forrest, Cascade, MTCS, and Community will all be better teams than last year and Eagleville will be about the same early on with a chance to be better later in the year. That is 10 of Van Buren's games, almost half the schedule.

They lost some key people. Who is replacing them? Do they make the team better, if so by how much?

Who were the players they lost?

Come on VB folks jump in here...we are all interested.

VB was new to us last year so I don't know too much.

They lost that I know of:

Plemons, a tall guard with a great shot from anywhere and the ability to get open against a zone, and use his picks against a man up D. He was on the scorers list last year and was a big part of their offense.

Mooneyham(sp?) A big forward, 6'4" I think and strong, he could score inside well and had a suprisingly good shot at 3pt range when they could spring him open off a screen. Also a big part of their offense.

The kind of players that are hard to replace.

Well if eagleville is the same wouldnt that make them the best? I believe so

Yes vb did lose some but who does know how anyone going to be? Honestly do you know how much every player in the district shot or worked out. It impossible to tell until the season gets here. Then I wish everyone luck but you never know who's going to be on top, it's really a tossup.

Good Post!!

That's exactly right. Off season work is the key to improving at any level. We'll have to wait and see when we all start playing. We all had to adjust to our new District and Eagleville's games with Van Buren all came down to the wire! Even overtime! Those were great games and we're looking forward to more of the same this year!