BA vs Father Ryan

statebound07

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, at a first glance this would appear to be a 3 TD advantage for BA. Prior to the 2 transfers arrival (I know one is out) based on the 2007 class clashes with BA along the way (Freshman and JV), this would be a fairly even game. I am not predicting an upset, but if BA thinks they are going to show up and win, and FR gets some breaks, this could turn out to be a competitive game to the end. FR will have to bring a balanced offense (both pass and run equally) and not allow the big play from BA on offense. Yes, no one thought possible that FR would beat CBHS and Franklin in consecutive years. The same will be true of these next two games. FR may just be due :thumb: .

Yes, at a first glance this would appear to be a 3 TD advantage for BA. Prior to the 2 transfers arrival (I know one is out) based on the 2007 class clashes with BA along the way (Freshman and JV), this would be a fairly even game. I am not predicting an upset, but if BA thinks they are going to show up and win, and FR gets some breaks, this could turn out to be a competitive game to the end. FR will have to bring a balanced offense (both pass and run equally) and not allow the big play from BA on offense. Yes, no one thought possible that FR would beat CBHS and Franklin in consecutive years. The same will be true of these next two games. FR may just be due B) .

BA wins this game, but the "new arrivals" have had nothing to do with BA's winning games this season. Chris Jordan is a good player, but Tyree Ford is the one that should have been playing in his old position all season. He is the kind of back that makes things happen. You just can't catch that boy. And after I watched the BA/MBA game on Comcast, I can't see how Bledsoe lost his starting job to Caffee. I guess Flatt just listened to all the preseason hype, and that is why he went away from what he saw worked for him at the end of last season. Go figure.

Prior to the 2 transfers arrival (I know one is out) based on the 2007 class clashes with BA along the way (Freshman and JV), this would be a fairly even game.

That speaks more to the different philosophies about the meaning of JV games than anything else. Ryan plays a lot of varsity players in JV games...BA does not. How many JV games do you think guys like Ford, White, Huey, Kottas, Garrett, etc. ever played against Ryan?

BTW...BA does not even field a Freshman team.

I have not seen Ryan play this year. Clearly they are much better than the past couple of seasons. Should be interesting to watch.

Edited by itzme

That speaks more to the different philosophies about the meaning of JV games than anything else. Ryan plays a lot of varsity players in JV games...BA does not. How many JV games do you think guys like Ford, White, Huey, Kottas, Garrett, etc. ever played against Ryan?

BTW...BA does not even field a Freshman team.

I have not seen Ryan play this year. Clearly they are much better than the past couple of seasons. Should be interesting to watch.

BA does have a freshman team. Ryan is better, but I don't see this one as being close. Hope it is but I just don't see it.

Ryan has been able to pull off one upset over the past couple of years (CBHS two years ago, FHS last year) what would it take for Father Ryan to pull off one of the greatest upsets of all time?

ryan has a good team but this will not be the week for upset of the year. if BA comes out unfocused then this could turn into a good game, but i dont see it happening.

Hey Itzme, where did you get this info. Ryan does not play any varsity players on their JV. How about instead of telling a bunch of lies on this thread you do some homework and actually go to a JV game. Why would Ryan even risk an injury to one of their "varsity" players for a JV game. This is ridiculus! Last year the sophomore class, this years Juinior class, dismantled BA's JV. I am going to tell everyone right now next year Ryan is going to be a contender. They are going to be loaded and they will be able to compete with cheaters that recruit like BA, MBA, Ensworth, CBHS, MUS, Baylor, and McCallie. Ya, BA just happens to get a HB from Georgia and a QB from Texas w/out recruiting them, give me a break. BA is not even that googd for the amount of talent they recruit year in year out. They should be able to compete for a state title every year. Carlton Flatt has a winning record every year just because a few old guys over at BA throw a ton of money to the school so they can offer large scholarships to a bunch of athletes. If he had the talent Ryan had this year he would not win a game beacause he is a marginal coach at best.

Announcements