Clinton visits Knoxville Central

medman

Week 9--the Dragons and the Bobcats. On paper, this is a no brainer, but Clinton is playing better these days and they have nothing to lose. That is a dangerous combination. The Cats are beat up right now. DE Orlando Blair will be out. Thankfully, he is doing better and will be fine. RB Jamie Wilson also left the Powell game with a knee injury. Hopefully, he will be back if needed.

Central should be good enough and deep enough to take this one on Senior Night.

What are everybody's thoughts.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Central should take this game by at least 21points. Senior night and pride are on the line as well as home field adv in the first round.

Central Bobcat, good luck in this game against Clinton. Central needs to win the last two if they want a chance to return to the Black Hole in round 3.

Rebel9

Im picking Clinton by 3. Clintons QB has passed for over 1000 yds this year, team has won more games this year than the last three years combined. Clinton has played competitive in most games this year. Play hard and work hard durning summer and good things could happen next year.

Go Dragons!!

Im picking Clinton by 3. Clintons QB has passed for over 1000 yds this year, team has won more games this year than the last three years combined. Clinton has played competitive in most games this year. Play hard and work hard durning summer and good things could happen next year.

Go Dragons!!

Put me down for 50.00 on that

I really don't see Clinton winning this game even if Central is w/o a couple of starters. Central should be able to wear them down with a much deeper team. Central has to work on limiting stupid penalties, running the ball effectively, and passing to compliment the running. I can see Saah and Kirkland getting a lot of work Friday nite in the backfield. The D has to be discilpined because I think Clinton will try to throw the ball a lot.

Again, Clinton has nothing to lose, so I'm sure they will play loose and tough as they can.

A Central win and a Powell loss to West will mean it will come down to the Central/West for 2nd and 3rd. A Central win and a Powell win against West and things are still up in the air for playoff positions.

my guess: Central by 28

Unfortunetly, I haven't seen Central play this year. What I can tell you is that Clinton has struggled against teams with a lot of speed. While Clinton is much improved, I don't think Clinton has made the necessary adjustments to counter teams with good speed. To many times, I have seen a slot receiver left unguarded or an opportunity to check off to a hot receiver and we don't seem to have that flexibility built into the offense. Its almost if that the receiver getting the ball is predetermined prior to the snap, regardless of the defensive set. Maybe, and I'll give the benefit of doubt to the coaching staff, the spread offensive is still being learned by the players and adding check offs would be confusing. Either way, this has caused us problems this year. While I would love to see Clinton pull off an upset, I suspect Clinton will play them tight early on and then when Central makes the necessary adjustments, its game over. What I would like to see is the fans supporting the Dragons without blame or ridicule. Remember these are just kids and the deserve our support. These kids and team are a far cry from the past couple of years. The foundation is being laid for a brighter future.

Dragoons, lets shock the world!!!!!

If Central makes a lot of the same 'stupid' mistakes they made against Powell and SD, Clinton can at least keep it close for a couple of quarters. The good news for the Bobcats was that Powell made a lot of the same mistakes last week, and SD just wasn't good enough to win 2 weeks ago. Anything is possible, and logic says that Central will come out a different team this week, but ever since their loss to Bearden, Central has had a lot of difficulty cleaning up the mistakes. If they are going to turn it around before the playoffs, this would be the game where we see it happen.