Maryville vs Halls

jrlcm

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having a safety within 5 yards of the line of scrimmage can make slants go a long way.

The first TD by Maples actually looked like a crossing pattern, they overloaded the right side and brought him across from the left side and when he got there is was wide open. If the second one was a slant it was a long one because he was 20 yards past the line of scrimmage when he caught it and was behind everyone.

MLREB

I agree about Halls offense. I am so glad Quarles came to Maryville and brought his offense. If Quarles never came here MHS would still be running the wingT and Maryville would still just have 3 championships.

Quarles offense attracts players from the hallways. It also attracts transfers. If Halls was running an offense like Maryville Burnett would still be there along with a bunch of other kids who transfered to other schools.

MLREB

I agree about Halls offense. I am so glad Quarles came to Maryville and brought his offense. If Quarles never came here MHS would still be running the wingT and Maryville would still just have 3 championships.

Quarles offense attracts players from the hallways. It also attracts transfers. If Halls was running an offense like Maryville Burnett would still be there along with a bunch of other kids who transfered to other schools.

It wasnt just the offense that made kids leave. Some didnt like coaches, and some got a nice signing bonus to come to Marvulle, I think maybe even a car, Helton made promises at Central, Here is one and I quote " I promise if u come to Central Bob Kittles I promise we will lose to the Rebels twice a year." Thats just what I heard? :D

MLREB

lenior city and clinton both run maryville's offense almost down to the letter. south-doyle runs a very similar one. are you sure it's the offense or the kids running it?

I agree about Halls offense also. Of course I detest the Wing T period. Unless you have the people up front to over power most of the people you play it is not going to be a dominant offense. Of course if you have horses up front you could run about any offense you wanted. There are only two or three basic plays and it is very easy to defend. And if you get two or three scores behind to a decent to good team forget it. It's over. Do coaches run it out of laziness or just because it is easy to learn? Just curious, and this is not necessarily directed to Halls I am just so amazed that so many teams run such a stagnant, boring offense.

I agree about Halls offense also. Of course I detest the Wing T period. Unless you have the people up front to over power most of the people you play it is not going to be a dominant offense. Of course if you have horses up front you could run about any offense you wanted. There are only two or three basic plays and it is very easy to defend. And if you get two or three scores behind to a decent to good team forget it. It's over. Do coaches run it out of laziness or just because it is easy to learn? Just curious, and this is not necessarily directed to Halls I am just so amazed that so many teams run such a stagnant, boring offense.

They run it due to laziness and we love boring stagnant offenses at Halls. We really don't have the personel to run this type offense but it won't change because we are Halls. We'll have our hands full with South Doyle. :D