Maryville vs Halls

jrlcm

I wont be making the trip to Chatanooga this year, just because I know if they do pull of a miracle (which they have before) Then I am stuck going to maryville which is never pretty.

Ohh well cant always win every time.

Tennessee basketball starts a week from tuesday Im so excited lol

No, if Powell were to pull and upset in round one they would go to either Central or West, whichever one ends up finishing second. Powell is the 4th seed this year, not the 3 like they have been the past 4 years. The 3 seed (loser of Central and West) would have to go to Maryvlle for round 2, if they win their first round game.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ahh I see, I thought it would be the other way around.

SO any news on Cruze HTV

No. Nothing concrete on Kenny.

The way the playoffs are set up with the 1-4 seeds meeting the 4-1 seeds from the regions matched against each other, it is bracketed so the ones couldn't meet until the quarterfinals.

Boy the Devils will win this. Maryville has proved they don't play as well it muddy conditions as we do. LOOK FER THE UPSET SPECIAL OF THE WEEK, MONTH, YEAR, CENTURY!!!!!

reddevil1 saw where you picked Hauls over Mouth Doil by 21. Better luck on this pick that your Mairvul pick.

Edited by STARSNBARS

You know, this old hat is getting sick and tired of seeing the people on these threads ripping the wing-T.

So I say go ahead and take your wing-T criticisms and stuff them.

Great post for sticking up for such a antiquated offense I see you are very passionate about it and thats fine. The good news is you are probably in the majority and I agree you will see this for years to come at Halls there is no denying that.

My opinion is I don't care for it and I know it doesn't amount to a hill of beans what I think anyway. What I do know is the last time we had success with it was in 1996 against Pearl Cohn but come on its now 2006, ten years later. In regard to Catholic they are a great team and we don't have backs like Smith or Hartmann to run and catch the ball or the big line in front of them to execute their version of the wing-t. In fact if you watched us scrimmage Catholic earlier in the year we actually moved the ball against them on offense. What did we use? the I and the shotgun to great success. Our QB needs more time to make plays he looks nervous out there as it is and the same that was said last year about Lucas.

But hey just a observation. We have a young squad and I am hoping like everyone else that they will get better running this offense as time goes on. But when you are down by 21 points we have no answer when you don't work on some other formations to get back in the game. I've watched nearly every game this year and we will never beat a well coached team with this offense because its so easy to defend against it with our personel. Not a knock on the players just being honest about it.

I know we can't attain Maryville or Alcoa status yet but how about this young Central team how did they do so well this year with all their youth? Makes you wonder doesn't it?

Edited by ZCAR

Great post for sticking up for such a antiquated offense I see you are very passionate about it and thats fine. The good news is you are probably in the majority and I agree you will see this for years to come at Halls there is no denying that.

My opinion is I don't care for it and I know it doesn't amount to a hill of beans what I think anyway. What I do know is the last time we had success with it was in 1996 against Pearl Cohn but come on its now 2006, ten years later. In regard to Catholic they are a great team and we don't have backs like Smith or Hartmann to run and catch the ball or the big line in front of them to execute their version of the wing-t. In fact if you watched us scrimmage Catholic earlier in the year we actually moved the ball against them on offense. What did we use? the I and the shotgun to great success. Our QB needs more time to make plays he looks nervous out there as it is and the same that was said last year about Lucas.

But hey just a observation. We have a young squad and I am hoping like everyone else that they will get better running this offense as time goes on. But when you are down by 21 points we have no answer when you don't work on some other formations to get back in the game. I've watched nearly every game this year and we will never beat a well coached team with this offense because its so easy to defend against it with our personel. Not a knock on the players just being honest about it.

I know we can't attain Maryville or Alcoa status yet but how about this young Central team how did they do so well this year with all their youth? Makes you wonder doesn't it?

Everyone has a right to their opinion, that's the beauty of boards and this great country. The thing i say about the Catholic scrimmage is if you can think back to that scrimmage, all Halls did was run the exact same plays out of the shotgun. It wasn't anything new. Just better execution at the time and I'm sure Catholic's defense didn't do as much to Halls at that time as other teams would in scheming since it was merely a scrimmage. If anyone was at the karns game I believe Halls came out in the gun in the second half and it was ugly. I've been by the practice field on my way home after work and seen several times that they were working on the gun earlier in the year. I started taking a different route home recently with all that work on Emory Road, so I haven't been by in a while to see anything on the way by the field. As for Central's success, they've got more seniors in key spots. The fb/mlb is a senior who will hit you in the mouth. The Blair kid a senior. The skill players are bigger and faster than Halls players. The Mcmillan kid is a senior and his dad has been his mentor his whole life. He knew Central's system inside and out I'm sure. When you're starting 2 seniors on defense, which Dutton is the only one I have seen who's played the whole game, and two on offense with J. Leonard being the only one to play the whole game, I just don't see how everyone thinks it's the offensive scheming or whatever when if you think about the different types of offenses, none of them fit the personnel that Halls has better than the wing-T which was the point of my previous post. Once Halls gets the dominating defenses people from Halls are use to it won't matter what offense Halls is running. This year has been a learning and gaining experience year for Halls and everyone knows that and heck, we were a one point loss away from being on our way to Red Bank again and I believe noone thought at the beginning of the year that Halls would have 4 wins at this point or have been so close to making the playoffs. Heck, most people thought we'd lose to Gibbs if you can remember back. This region's tough and Halls is down and we still are looking at finishing in the fifth spot if we can get a W against SD. Things are on the rise, look at their freshmen and Jv squads the past 2 seasons. I think both have had one in each of the past 2 years. Once those kids get together and mature things will be much better on the good side of the Hill. Oh, and not to mention that KJ has put a lid on the area. That's always a big factor as I think you put it in perspective earlier ZCAR with the list of Halls people playing elsewhere. But aren't those Saah(sp?) kids at Central, shouldn't they be at Halls. If memory serves me correctly they're suppose to be at Halls.

Great post Have it your way.

Your right about the Central seniors bringing the leadership to the younger guys.

Defense will be the most advanced next year. We will miss Dutton,Moreland & J.Leonard. The experience with the sophomore class this year will make KJ smile the most.

I'm scratching my head on the Offense. The OL loses two big lineman. We lose our Kicker who shouldn't be underestimated. But other than that everone returns.

The big question is will we or can we win the big ones next year. Central, West & Powell. If we win one of these we could get a #4 seed. South Doyle has improved a great deal and have mainly Juniors who will be seniors in their key positions. They could leap frog us and Powell if we don't execute on offense. So do we continue what we are doing or experiment a little. Its going to be interesting.

Edited by ZCAR

Great post Have it your way.

I'm scratching my head on the Offense. The OL loses two big lineman. We lose our Kicker who shouldn't be underestimated. But other than that everone returns.

I may be wrong, ZCAR, but don't we lose just one senior lineman? I think that's J. Leonard. I don't think Moreland plays much offense.