BBBest's Top 25 in TN

basketballisbest

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is this just a list of teams you posted for us to put in order or what? Cause this ain't even 50% correct.

That is my top ten in order. Which one of those teams do you not agree with and who would you want to play? I gave a reason for each team so maybe you should give us your reason as to why it is 50% incorrect.

Maryville (no doubt they are the best team in Tennessee)

McCallie (with Coleman @ QB they can beat anyone)

Riverdale (very good defense but do they have a passing attack and 2 min offense)

Brentwood Academy (very good team that seems to be getting better)

Alcoa (up and down team but when they are good they are very good)

Gallatin (who have they played that is really good?)

ECS (they can throw the football very well and that is trouble for most high school teams in Tennessee)

Dobyns Bennett (show me you can beat the best from Middle and West Tennessee)

Goodpasture (they have size and talent but the QB does not have a good arm, look and their RAC average)

Ooltewah (a good Chattanooga area team that needs to show they can beat the best in Middle & West Tennessee)

Pretty good analysis, cbg. I do agree that there is much still to prove. Who have you seen play on the list... that is a challenge for all of us, since we can't possibly visit them all in a short season? Someone would have to be foolish to pick against Maryville right now.

We'll see how the rest pan out.

How do u have McCallie above Alcoa I believe Alcoa beat them?

I believe 4-5 times that they would play each other McCallie would win this one. Alcoa's been a little consistent. It's kinda like the NCAA polls, how can California be ahead of TN even though TN trounced them?

Only in this case Alcoa has lost a couple of times.

That is my top ten in order. Which one of those teams do you not agree with and who would you want to play? I gave a reason for each team so maybe you should give us your reason as to why it is 50% incorrect.

Its a waste of time. Their different classifications. Not all of these teams will even meet each other in the playoffs. Why don't you throw a couple of College teams in and maybe a Middle School or two.

Interesting that unapproved website national publication ranks TN teams this way (national ranking in parentheses--there are over 15,000 high schools in the United States)-- not far from what I was saying:

1. McCallie (DII-AAA) -- 7-1 (41)

2. Maryville (4A) -- 8-0 (43)

3. Dobyns Bennett (5A) -- 8-0 (56)

4. Brentwood Academy (DII-AAA) -- 7-1 (65)

5. Riverdale (5A) -- 7-1 (87)

6. Ooltewah (5A) -- 8-0 (116)

7. Red Bank (4A) -- 8-0 (164)

8. Gallatin (5A) -- 8-0 (235)

9. Crockett county (3A) -- 8-0 (249)

10. Cleveland (4A) -- 7-1 (269)

11. Knox Catholic (3A) -- 8-0 (275)

12. Knox Fulton (3A) -- 7-1 (288)

13. Goodpasture (2A) -- 8-0 (295)

14. Franklin (5A) -- 7-1 (301)

15. Alcoa (2A) -- (351)

16. Hillsboro (4A) -- 8-0 (413)

17. Maplewood (4A) -- 7-1 (428)

18. Evangelical Christian (DII-AA) -- 8-0 (517)

19. Morristown West (4A) -- 8-0 (535)

20. Farragut (5A) -- 5-3 (564)

21. Knox Central (4A) -- 6-2 (584)

22. Dickson County (5A) -- 7-1 ( 659)

23. White Station (5A) -- 8-0 (672)

24. Bearden (5A) -- 6-2 ( 690)

25. Ridgeway (5A) -- 8-0 (730)

McCallie over Maryville? I don't agree with that. Maryville hasn't lost in going on three seasons now, and McCallie lost to a team that Maryville beats every year (since 2000).

I agree TG24; I just thought it was interesting what unapproved website and their poll revealed. I believe that Maryville is the best in TN right now.

I was just trying to show what others thought. As you can see, in my original poll, I had Maryville number one.