Houston -vs- White Station

Mttgil11p

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heard from someone today the White Station QB dislocated his shoulder and may not play tomorrow night...anyone know if there is any truth to that?

I have no clue about that, but I would think that the Commercial Appeal will be doing a few feature stories on these big games in the prep portion of the sports section. I would think that it would get mentioned then if that is the case.

Heard from someone today the White Station QB dislocated his shoulder and may not play tomorrow night...anyone know if there is any truth to that?

Heard this also tonight,could be trouble.I stated earlier,with White Station coming off two Big wins in a row,they have to worry about coming out a little flat,and now this.Houston coming off big win against Germantown,this game just got a little more interesting.

Houston 7 White Station 3. Spartan QB was out with his arm in a sling. Excellent defensive battle. Houston looks more athletic than some people think.

Also, conditions on the field hindered some offensive production for both teams. It was a pretty wet and muddy out there. Regardless, an intense defensive dogfight.

i have a question for everyone on here...with houstons big win tonight what does that make the 8-5A playoff seedings? I think there would be a 3-way tie at the top between Wooddale, Houston, and White Station (Assuming none of the 3 lose their next game) and leaving the 4th slot for Germantown...who are each of the top 3 teams remaining games against? It will be interesting to see how this one plays out with Region 7-5A being decided tonight...1)Ridgeway 2)Bolton 3)Millington 4)Cordova...what are evryone's thoughts on the potential outcome and playoff matchups?

KWC,

Well, well, since HOuston won last nite that can only mean one thing-Houston in, Whitehaven out!! WHat do you think about another potential WHitehaven team not getting into the playoffs. With that much talent on the field, is it the players fought or the coaching system. I personally believe it is the system. With three or more D-1 prospects on a team proves that system, not talent is what wins games.

Edited by lasal2000

Well. well, well. Can you believe it? Those Houston kids, despite the lack of raw athleticism, managed to pull off another one! Back to back weeks, 95% of posters picked them to lose. Pollers, do me a favor........pick Whitehaven this week, we have an underdog streak going. Don't get me wrong, White Station is a fantastic team. They have superb coaching and their starting QB is done for the year, not to mention they have some good LB's that can play! But it was a very good game and our seniors were not going home with a loss.

Edited by CoachBray

i have a question for everyone on here...with houstons big win tonight what does that make the 8-5A playoff seedings? I think there would be a 3-way tie at the top between Wooddale, Houston, and White Station (Assuming none of the 3 lose their next game) and leaving the 4th slot for Germantown...who are each of the top 3 teams remaining games against? It will be interesting to see how this one plays out with Region 7-5A being decided tonight...1)Ridgeway 2)Bolton 3)Millington 4)Cordova...what are evryone's thoughts on the potential outcome and playoff matchups?

If White Station, Wooddale, and Houston all win out, they would all be 6-1 in region 8, but WS and Wooddale would be 9-1 overall. So I guess they'd finish the tie breaker with WS 1st and Wooddale 2nd and Houston would end up 3rd, playing Bolton in rd.1. If Wooddale loses to Cville, WS and Hous would be tied for 1st, but Houston beat WS, so Hous would claim title and #1 spot. Unless the tie breaker works in a different way, that would probably be the end result. Remaining games:

White Station vs Hamilton @ Halle (Thurs)

Wooddale vs Collierville @Halle (Fri)

Houston @ Whitehaven

Houston plays Whitehaven; White Station plays Hamilton; Wooddale plays Collierville.

If all three teams win, the standings will remain as they are on the TSSAA website: 1 - Wooddale, 2 - White Station, 3 - Houston. Houston is third because the first tie breaker is greatest number of victories - Houston has 7, WS and Wooddale have 8. Because this did not determine the region winner, you move to the second tie breaker - the team with the greatest number of victories against teams winning 50 percent or more of their games...WS and Wooddale both have 4 victories over teams winning 50% or more of their games (White Station - Collierville, Whitehaven, Germantown, Wooddale; Wooddale - East, Whitehaven, Houston, Germantown). This takes you to the 3rd tie breaker...the team whose opponents have earned the most victories. White Station's opponents are 37-53 while Wooddale's are 39-51 giving Wooddale the number one spot. Best I can figure, the only way Wooddale will not be number one is if they lose to Collierville. As always, the last Friday in Region 8-5A will be very interesting...the only difference this year is we already know who is in and who is out, we just don't know who will be 1-2-3!

As for matchups, Ridgeway will have a tough one with Germantown. I think 8-5A #1 will be surprise by Cordova's defense but they will still win b/c Cordova cannot score consistently! The 2 and 3 matchups will be interesting as they were last year...both #3's won last year as White Station beat Bolton and Millington beat Collierville.