West vs. Powell

Rebel#6

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah well if we make it past the first round, its either central or maryville in the second or maybe 3rd round not sure. No matter what it wont be pretty

Yeah, it gets frustrating year after year having to play Maryville in the 2nd round of the playoffs. No matter what this team does, they always draw a beatable region 4 opponent, but as soon as they move on to round 2, they can't move on because the Rebels just mow them down. Maryville is the best for a good reason, but I have always been in favor of a tweaked playoff system. This year isn't a good example, but for the past 4 or 5 seasons, Maryville and Central were probably the 2 best teams in east Tennessee, maybe even the state, and one of them gets knocked out every year before they even get to the state semis. I like the idea of adapting a computer ranking system, like in Ohio. You can still play your regional playoff games, but it will keep the better teams in the playoffs for longer, since #8 plays #1, etc.

Yeah, it gets frustrating year after year having to play Maryville in the 2nd round of the playoffs. No matter what this team does, they always draw a beatable region 4 opponent, but as soon as they move on to round 2, they can't move on because the Rebels just mow them down. Maryville is the best for a good reason, but I have always been in favor of a tweaked playoff system. This year isn't a good example, but for the past 4 or 5 seasons, Maryville and Central were probably the 2 best teams in east Tennessee, maybe even the state, and one of them gets knocked out every year before they even get to the state semis. I like the idea of adapting a computer ranking system, like in Ohio. You can still play your regional playoff games, but it will keep the better teams in the playoffs for longer, since #8 plays #1, etc.

I have often thought a seeding would be a better way to do the playoffs than the current region setups. I would go a step farther and go 1 thru 16. I know there would be some screaming and yelling about seedings, such as a MOWest maybe being ranked behind Central, Powell and some others with a loss, while MoWest may be undefeated. But it all goes back to strength of schedule. You could still do the East/West split to save some on travel.

Osunut--Your mighty Bucks play my Hoosiers this Saturday. Coach Hep has to be the best story in college football right now, but I think reality will hit the boys from Bloomington in the face in Columbus. Take it easy on my guys. We still got a shot at a bowl if we can get by 2 more. If your really nice, maybe we could beat up UM for you a little bit :lol: . Best of luck. I really think they will be the Nat Champs this year. I won't be so kind, though, when basketball rolls around :thumb: .

My opinion is simple...if west comes out like gang busters (which they have been prone to do this year) then powell wont stand a chance in H***..well u kno the place but if powell's defense steps up then it should be a great game that we have come to expect from these 2 crosstown rivals over the past 3 years or so

Prediction

West-27

Powell-20

I have often thought a seeding would be a better way to do the playoffs than the current region setups. I would go a step farther and go 1 thru 16. I know there would be some screaming and yelling about seedings, such as a MOWest maybe being ranked behind Central, Powell and some others with a loss, while MoWest may be undefeated. But it all goes back to strength of schedule. You could still do the East/West split to save some on travel.

Osunut--Your mighty Bucks play my Hoosiers this Saturday. Coach Hep has to be the best story in college football right now, but I think reality will hit the boys from Bloomington in the face in Columbus. Take it easy on my guys. We still got a shot at a bowl if we can get by 2 more. If your really nice, maybe we could beat up UM for you a little bit :lol: . Best of luck. I really think they will be the Nat Champs this year. I won't be so kind, though, when basketball rolls around :justwrestle: .

Man would there ever be some screaming. If you like at strength of schedule and strength + success rankings today, MWest is ranked higher than Maryville. Go figure?

Osunut--Your mighty Bucks play my Hoosiers this Saturday. Coach Hep has to be the best story in college football right now, but I think reality will hit the boys from Bloomington in the face in Columbus. Take it easy on my guys. We still got a shot at a bowl if we can get by 2 more. If your really nice, maybe we could beat up UM for you a little bit :lol: . Best of luck. I really think they will be the Nat Champs this year. I won't be so kind, though, when basketball rolls around :justwrestle: .

Thanks for the kind words about those Buckeyes! I always enjoyed going to Bloomington to watch the Buckeyes and Hoosiers play football. In my experience, the Hoosier fans were classy and when it was all said and done, there were always congratulatory words coming from the Indiana fans. Definitely a good experience for me.

I really like the idea of a power ranking system. It works wonders in Ohio, and it really sets up some awesome playoff games later on in November.

Cruze dislocated his thumb on his good hand. The other one had a couple of stiches I believe. Without him, Powell can not win. Hate it for the kid. West's defense came up huge. West offense struggled. Missed several opportunites. Powelll helped West win. A wins a win. There were no injuries on the West side. Thats a first.

I knew it was a matter of time before he had a serious injury. Good job coach lowe putting the kid in at QB/Safety/Kick return/punt return/ and on field goal blocks.

I cant wait till lowe is gone he keeps running the same old offense up the gut.

Powell had a chance at the end of the game Matt Abba was 5/5 passing and they pull him out and put a freshmen in Pure genius lowe.

I knew it was a matter of time before he had a serious injury. Good job coach lowe putting the kid in at QB/Safety/Kick return/punt return/ and on field goal blocks.

I cant wait till lowe is gone he keeps running the same old offense up the gut.

Powell had a chance at the end of the game Matt Abba was 5/5 passing and they pull him out and put a freshmen in Pure genius lowe.

First, the refs did make some pretty bad calls, one couldve put Powell into very good field position at the West 20 or so. The refs didnt blow the game though. Powell just couldnt put the ball in the endzone. Theyve had trouble with that all year. The only time that the offense has been a concern to a team was the Farragut game when Powell suprised them with the veer. Right now Powell needs to get their offense going against Clinton if they want to try to beat undefeated Red Bank which they will play in the first round of the play-offs. Powell's D is where it needs to be even though the scoreboard might tell a different story. On Kenny Cruze, I believe he broke his thumb on his throwing hand so I dont see him playing any offense the rest of this year.