The Land-Air Tip-Off Classic

Mr. Freeze

A major disappointment this school was. I have a hard time believing they have as many D1 recruits as was claimed. 32 couldnt even make it up and down the court. It was like playing 5-on-4 because he wasn't even in many of the possessions.

The recruits are there, they just have poor coaching. He sits there and doesn't do much during the game. They had tremedous athletes but not much discipline or much of a game plan it seemed. Moses has the skills to be a big time player but I also heard he's like 20 or 21 already. Not sure if that's true or what.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, and the officiating was typical of Greeneville officiating. Grats to Greeneville's players for playing hard and those two guards for making all those 3's (they shot and unreal percentage from the arc) but the officiating was horrible from start to finish.

Greeneville travelled many times throughout the game and nothing was called. Wiggins was over the back many times and yet only received one foul all night. On the flip side, they called a combined five fouls on BC's two big men in the first quarter, fouled one out early in the fourth and the other had to play most of the game with four fouls. That terribly limited BC and led to Oglesby having to try and make up for the lost scoring. What a sad way to end a good tournament, with such one-sided home court officiating.

I just wonder if Greeneville will ever stop the officiating madness that goes on over there from the middle school up thru the high school when their teams are playing. It's just so blatantly ridiculous. I just wonder if they even realize how embarrassing it must be.

Officiating is poor statewide...I guess you want to blame Jeff county's 40 pt whoopin'on the officials too! You know IMAC officials inhale sharply :thumb:...conference wide...not just in Greeneville.

No, and the officiating was typical of Greeneville officiating. Grats to Greeneville's players for playing hard and those two guards for making all those 3's (they shot and unreal percentage from the arc) but the officiating was horrible from start to finish.

Greeneville travelled many times throughout the game and nothing was called. Wiggins was over the back many times and yet only received one foul all night. On the flip side, they called a combined five fouls on BC's two big men in the first quarter, fouled one out early in the fourth and the other had to play most of the game with four fouls. That terribly limited BC and led to Oglesby having to try and make up for the lost scoring. What a sad way to end a good tournament, with such one-sided home court officiating.

I just wonder if Greeneville will ever stop the officiating madness that goes on over there from the middle school up thru the high school when their teams are playing. It's just so blatantly ridiculous. I just wonder if they even realize how embarrassing it must be.

You have got to be kidding me if "the officials" are why Bradley lost - no, the officals are not going to win awards or be calling in the NCAA next week, but Greeneville dominated this game. Wiggins played extremely smart in the post on defense and he wasn't "over the back". I did not see the coach from Bradley screaming about walks that were not called nor did I see him screaming about Wiggins fouling, and as you are aware, he screams often and loudly when things are not going his way. The bottom line of this game is that Bradley did not shoot well (and intense defense had something to do with this), they had to double Wiggins to try to control him (and the officials allowed Bradley to hand check and hold during these efforts) and when they did the open men hit their shots. And before we go to the stat sheet and start talking the difference in total fouls called for the 2 teams, take note that Bradley fouled to gain possession for the last 4 minutes of the game as those are the things you do when you start the fourth quarter down 23 points. Bradley is a very good basketball team, they simply got outplayed last night.

You have got to be kidding me if "the officials" are why Bradley lost - no, the officals are not going to win awards or be calling in the NCAA next week, but Greeneville dominated this game. Wiggins played extremely smart in the post on defense and he wasn't "over the back". I did not see the coach from Bradley screaming about walks that were not called nor did I see him screaming about Wiggins fouling, and as you are aware, he screams often and loudly when things are not going his way. The bottom line of this game is that Bradley did not shoot well (and intense defense had something to do with this), they had to double Wiggins to try to control him (and the officials allowed Bradley to hand check and hold during these efforts) and when they did the open men hit their shots. And before we go to the stat sheet and start talking the difference in total fouls called for the 2 teams, take note that Bradley fouled to gain possession for the last 4 minutes of the game as those are the things you do when you start the fourth quarter down 23 points. Bradley is a very good basketball team, they simply got outplayed last night.

refs always get the blame :thumb:

It is a well known fact that Greeneville officials favor Greeneville. It has been that way forever and doubtful will ever change. The best solution is just not to play in their tournaments unless you want to experience what Bradley Central did. Played with fair officials Bradley Central would win 8 out of 10 against Greeneville. As far as Oglesby goes, he is not warmed up until he shoots at least 5 three's. His game is and always will be the 3's. I am sure they could not stop him from hitting 3's , so the next best was to get the two big guys in foul trouble. Yes Greeneville should be ashamed of their "home cooking". They are actually good enough to win without resorting to it, but as you said "old habits" are hard to break.

It is a well known fact that Greeneville officials favor Greeneville. It has been that way forever and doubtful will ever change. The best solution is just not to play in their tournaments unless you want to experience what Bradley Central did. Played with fair officials Bradley Central would win 8 out of 10 against Greeneville. As far as Oglesby goes, he is not warmed up until he shoots at least 5 three's. His game is and always will be the 3's. I am sure they could not stop him from hitting 3's , so the next best was to get the two big guys in foul trouble. Yes Greeneville should be ashamed of their "home cooking". They are actually good enough to win without resorting to it, but as you said "old habits" are hard to break.

Bradley scores 18 total in the first half, is outscored 19 to 5 in the 3rd period and the discussion is officiating. If CNFn stands for Carson Newman Fan, are you from Jefferson County? That may explain your post, as the officials were certainly resposible for the 40 point drubbing earlier in the week that Jeff received.

Did you see this game?

Bradley scores 18 total in the first half, is outscored 19 to 5 in the 3rd period and the discussion is officiating. If CNFn stands for Carson Newman Fan, are you from Jefferson County? That may explain your post, as the officials were certainly resposible for the 40 point drubbing earlier in the week that Jeff received.

Just a local fan who appreciates good and fair play. Do you have the stats on foul comparisons between the two teams? That usually tells more than the score which may reflect a team being in "official foul trouble". As a ref , if I wanted to "control a game" , the easiest way would be to call "ONE SIDED FOULS". Now if you were there or have the real stats, then you should know?

Well lets just get it all out there... Greeneville is a master of home cooking, Duncan recruits better than Coach K...and Wiggins is an alien sent here from the planet Freethrow to torment the IMAC...OK now we have confessed...Give Greeneville credit for their win and move on. Its gonna be a long season for the rest of the IMAC so we better get started.

Just a local fan who appreciates good and fair play. Do you have the stats on foul comparisons between the two teams? That usually tells more than the score which may reflect a team being in "official foul trouble". As a ref , if I wanted to "control a game" , the easiest way would be to call "ONE SIDED FOULS". Now if you were there or have the real stats, then you should know?

So I take it you made your comment WITHOUT seeing this game. I mean so far, noone from Bradley Central has posted a complaint,

Shelbyville Central (38): Rowland 6, Michael France 14, Tory Robertson 12, Haile 2, Twilley 2, Andrews 2

Bearden (37): Rosson 4, Ternes 2, Webb 5, Campbell 7, Craig 5, Oravetz 4, Simpson 7, Ware 3

3 pt Baskets

Bearden (2): Webb, Ware

Shelbyville (2): France 2

Bearden 7-9-10-11-37

Shelbyville 7-4-17-10-38

Shelbyville finishes 3rd

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Greeneville (62): Anderson 5, Ottinger 4, Antwaine Wiggins 25, Wesley Woods 10, Bailey 1, Tremaine Gash 10, Greenway 2

Bradley Cntral (47): Watson 3, Perkins 7, Groothuis 2, Hawkins 2, Terrance Ogelsby 23, Keith Dodd 10

3 pt Baskets

Bradley (4): Watson, Ogelsby 3

Greeneville (10): Ottinger, Wiggins 3, Woods 2, Gash 4

Greeneville 18-9-19-16-62

Bradley 8-10-5-24-47

Greeneville wins the 4th annual Land-Air Tip-Off Classic.

Bradley Central finishes runner up.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Demonte Simpson (Bearden)

Chris Conner (Powell)

Emmanuel Andrews (Shelbyville)

Kyle Groothuis (Bradley Central)

Tremaine Gash (Greeneville)

Dominique McDuffie (Red Bank)

Matt Hargis (Powell)

Michael France (Shelbyville)

Terrance Ogelsby (Bradley)

Antwaine Wiggins (Greeneville) MVP