Smyrna Scheduling Woes

tnko

What are the qualifications of the new Smyrna coach? Did he win a high school state championship when he competed or was he a D1 All-American in college? I heard from someone else that he is the former coach at Smyrna Middle School but I know nothing about their program. What conference do they compete in and did the Smyrna team win multiple team or individual championships? Good luck to Smyrna in the future, it appears that they must work hard to get the program back on top.

Edited by cbg

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's the man to do it. It's about time they got rid of their last coach Gonya. He was a joke. I know Coach Garner will take this team to the top. They should have given him the job a few years ago.

From what I've seen the past few years you've seemed somewhat supportive to SHS and the coaching. Why the change of tune? From zero to six qualifiers to state is nothing to complain about. The original Coach G left on a very good note and we all have great memories to share. Are you a Coach G supporter trying to bait me into this? If you are, oh well. I needed to say this anyway, but I do believe the new Coach G will do a fine job, will be fiercer than ever and in the wrestlers faces more while kicking their butts at the same time. The refs may get a little more grief than Gonyea would give them too. Gonyea was an amazingly nice man and fun to be around. We'll be cheering our boys on through the years now, perhaps under the new leadership of the new coach G.

Good luck Garner and is it Selph, now assisting?

soms

Edited by soms

What are the qualifications of the new Smyrna coach? Did he win a high school state championship when he competed or was he a D1 All-American in college? I heard from someone else that he is the former coach at Smyrna Middle School but I know nothing about their program. What conference do they compete in and did the Smyrna team win multiple team or individual championships? Good luck to Smyrna in the future, it appears that they must work hard to get the program back on top.

didn't know that you had to have those kind of qualifications to be considered a good HS wrestling coach?

From what I've seen the past few years you've seemed somewhat supportive to SHS and the coaching. Why the change of tune? From zero to six qualifiers to state is nothing to complain about. The original Coach G left on a very good note and we all have great memories to share. Are you a Coach G supporter trying to bait me into this? If you are, oh well. I needed to say this anyway, but I do believe the new Coach G will do a fine job, will be fiercer than ever and in the wrestlers faces more while kicking their butts at the same time. The refs may get a little more grief than Gonyea would give them too. Gonyea was an amazingly nice man and fun to be around. We'll be cheering our boys on through the years now, perhaps under the new leadership of the new coach G.

soms

I'm not baiting you at all. If you look at my previous posts, I have shared my frustration with Smyrna wrestling over the years. I believe "the Old Coach G" as you say was a problem. Smyrna could have been so much more over the last few years had Garner or some other coach.

Smyrna could have been so much more over the last few years had Garner or some other coach.

How much more, or do you mean a more competitive team? What problem was Gonyea? You must share specifics and what affiliation you are or have been. Better yet, who are you? :(

Dave

soms

NEVER!!!!........ but I did offer my assistance when needed. I think if its up to Coach Garner it will require taking money at the door at our tournaments. Thats about all I'm good for these days.... dad duty. :blink:

HEy tnko how did your boy gain so much weight.? I thought he only weighed 98 pounds last year.

He did, but after he broke his arm and had surgery he gained 15 lbs within 2 weeks time. Maybe it was some kind of steroids for healing or maybe that steel plate still in there weighs a bunch. ha.... So I guess he gets the privilage of trying to tackle HORD again. :thumb:

He did, but after he broke his arm and had surgery he gained 15 lbs within 2 weeks time. Maybe it was some kind of steroids for healing or maybe that steel plate still in there weighs a bunch. ha.... So I guess he gets the privilage of trying to tackle HORD again. :thumb:

Who knows I heard Hord is not wrestling. We will have to wait and see what monday brings. Monday is the start date.

Who knows I heard Hord is not wrestling. We will have to wait and see what monday brings. Monday is the start date.

Hord and Jordan IM each other all the time and thats what he told Jordan too but I know better than that. That would be a shame if he did quit. Tons of potential in that guy!!

Hord and Jordan IM each other all the time and thats what he told Jordan too but I know better than that. That would be a shame if he did quit. Tons of potential in that guy!!

Get Jordan talking to him and I would love to have him. He was one point from medaling in only his second year of wrestling that is very good. I hope he does not quit also. He will regret it for the rest of his life.