Chattanooga Single A

ASCEO

We used to play Berean and people in the Christian school league. We found out last year that it takes a while to adjust to real high school basketball. One of the reasons that I think that we will be better this year is because we know what to expect and that is going to help us. THe middle school guards that Grace got to come there may be good or may be scared when they start playing high school ball and get pressured. I know that people talk about Temple's guards or CSAS guards but even our guys can put physical pressure that can affect the game. Talk all you want, it will not be a two team race!

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What does Grace have coming back besides McMasters? Any new players come in ? What will their starting lineup look like?

I cant really tell you their starting lineup because I dont think they know there starting lineup.

McMasters and the 6'8 transfer (who can really play) will start. They other three are kinda up for grabs. They have a couple of really athletic and talented freshman guards who I think will start, but what do I know. The only thing that would keep them from starting is their youth but I say throw them in there, take your beatings early and they'll be ready come tourny time.

And that 5th starting spot could go to a number of players.

Talk all you want, it will not be a two team race!

I agree, it will be a three team race.

THe middle school guards that Grace got to come there may be good or may be scared when they start playing high school ball and get pressured.

One guard played varsity as an 8th grader for the state runner-up team last year. The other plays the highest level AAU ball so he is not stranger to some good competition. Im not expecting these kids to come out of the gates on fire, but they will do alright ore atleast better than what most people on here think.

Decent huh? Should be interesting this season

CSAS is a mystery to me. I really have no idea how good they will be. The lost Martell. I dont buy into the you will be better with out him stuff. Yes he was kinda lazy, but he was 6'7 long arms decent shooter and could block shots. Anytime you lose a player like that especially in class A you cant convince me that it isnt going to hurt anything.

Did CSAS lose that other 6'5 guy or is he back? I dont remember his name, maybe Brian something???

I know they have some good young guards (Cobb can play) but are they ready to step up and get them to the next level.

The only thing that is really keeping me from totally buying in to CSAS is last year I heard all about CSAS before the year and they went to Grace and got waxed by like 25 at the begining of the season.

All of that said, I think they are a MAJOR region contendar, they are deadly playing at home. I have them in my Class A top 10. As I have said before, to me it is a three team race with CSAS Grace and Temple.

CSAS is a mystery to me. I really have no idea how good they will be. The lost Martell. I dont buy into the you will be better with out him stuff. Yes he was kinda lazy, but he was 6'7 long arms decent shooter and could block shots. Anytime you lose a player like that especially in class A you cant convince me that it isnt going to hurt anything.

Did CSAS lose that other 6'5 guy or is he back? I dont remember his name, maybe Brian something???

I know they have some good young guards (Cobb can play) but are they ready to step up and get them to the next level.

The only thing that is really keeping me from totally buying in to CSAS is last year I heard all about CSAS before the year and they went to Grace and got waxed by like 25 at the begining of the season.

All of that said, I think they are a MAJOR region contendar, they are deadly playing at home. I have them in my Class A top 10. As I have said before, to me it is a three team race with CSAS Grace and Temple.

Yes, Brian Ball is a junior and he is about 6'8 now and still growing. He has improved a lot. They have an abudance of junior guards who have played meaningful varsity minutes(unlike Terrell Church). They have one senior guard who can shoot the lights out. They will be better without Powell because they have more experience. Remember, basically it was two seniors and a bunch of sophomores who had never played varsity before last year. Powell was lazy and was a a hinderance to the team. Sure he could score, but he didn't play hard, he didn't play defense, and he sure wasn't a leader. He will not be missed. CSAS will not be sitting in a zone agaionst Grace or anyone this year. They will be in your face pressuring the ball. This will be a very different looking CSAS team.

Yes, Brian Ball is a junior and he is about 6'8 now and still growing. He has improved a lot. They have an abudance of junior guards who have played meaningful varsity minutes(unlike Terrell Church). They have one senior guard who can shoot the lights out. They will be better without Powell because they have more experience. Remember, basically it was two seniors and a bunch of sophomores who had never played varsity before last year. Powell was lazy and was a a hinderance to the team. Sure he could score, but he didn't play hard, he didn't play defense, and he sure wasn't a leader. He will not be missed. CSAS will not be sitting in a zone agaionst Grace or anyone this year. They will be in your face pressuring the ball. This will be a very different looking CSAS team.

I totally agree with you, talent is not missed when it is not used to benefit the team. Hampton should have won the district tournament MVP last year and not Powell, That backcourt is going to be lethal, and I believe Dragoo is going to let them loose, it' s a three team race should be interesting

Yes, Brian Ball is a junior and he is about 6'8 now and still growing. He has improved a lot.

Is he a legit 6'8? I remember last year he was listed taller than he really was.

I don't think that Grace's new players have proven themselves and therefore you can't really call them a contender.

You really dont think Grace is a contender? I mean you can make statements like that about anyone. Take UNC for example in college, They will start a couple of freshman are they contenders?

A team that defeated Temple last year, It will be a three way race between CSAS Temple and Grace, I'm predicting Temple and CSAS all three will split with each other during the regular season

Not likely. Temple could have an undefeated season even with football causing some shifts in the schedule.

It is highly unlikely that Grace will even be in the contention this year. I think most of their starters last year were seniors. Last year they had a weak bench and that is who their starters are this year. It would be hard to imagine their bench really stepping up this year and playing at the same level as Eldridge and the rest.

CSAS should be better this year than last year but not good enough to compete with a much improved Temple.

Temple had four starters last year who started every game and they will be returning this year with several guys competing for the fifth spot and a healthy number of players on the bence.

It would not be surprising to see Temple a good ways ahead of the rest of the pack this season and not unreasonable to go ahead and say that they are definitely likely to win state. I know, I know. It is too early to making statements like that but I am not the only one saying it.

Edited by Pasture

Not likely. Temple could have an undefeated season even with football causing some shifts in the schedule.

It is highly unlikely that Grace will even be in the contention this year. I think most of their starters last year were seniors. Last year they had a weak bench and that is who their starters are this year. It would be hard to imagine their bench really stepping up this year and playing at the same level as Eldridge and the rest.

CSAS should be better this year than last year but not good enough to compete with a much improved Temple.

Temple had four starters last year who started every game and they will be returning this year with several guys competing for the fifth spot and a healthy number of players on the bence.

It would not be surprising to see Temple a good ways ahead of the rest of the pack this season and not unreasonable to go ahead and say that they are definitely likely to win state. I know, I know. It is too early to making statements like that but I am not the only one saying it.

Hey guess what CSAS has three starters back including their second leading scorer from last year, dont crown Temple just yet. Remember they split last year