Chattanooga Single A

ASCEO

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not likely. Temple could have an undefeated season even with football causing some shifts in the schedule.

It is highly unlikely that Grace will even be in the contention this year. I think most of their starters last year were seniors. Last year they had a weak bench and that is who their starters are this year. It would be hard to imagine their bench really stepping up this year and playing at the same level as Eldridge and the rest.

CSAS should be better this year than last year but not good enough to compete with a much improved Temple.

Temple had four starters last year who started every game and they will be returning this year with several guys competing for the fifth spot and a healthy number of players on the bence.

It would not be surprising to see Temple a good ways ahead of the rest of the pack this season and not unreasonable to go ahead and say that they are definitely likely to win state. I know, I know. It is too early to making statements like that but I am not the only one saying it.

You obviously arent very educated with grace, they have reloaded quite nicely. Their backcourt will be young, but very talented and will get much better as the year goes on. Add that with the most size in the front court in class A, you atleast are a region contender.

I dont know who will win when this three teams play its too early to tell, I just wouldnt be suprised if there was some spilts in the regular season series. All three teams have great home atmospheres where it is hard to go in and win.

Not likely. Temple could have an undefeated season even with football causing some shifts in the schedule.

It is highly unlikely that Grace will even be in the contention this year. I think most of their starters last year were seniors. Last year they had a weak bench and that is who their starters are this year. It would be hard to imagine their bench really stepping up this year and playing at the same level as Eldridge and the rest.

CSAS should be better this year than last year but not good enough to compete with a much improved Temple.

Temple had four starters last year who started every game and they will be returning this year with several guys competing for the fifth spot and a healthy number of players on the bence.

It would not be surprising to see Temple a good ways ahead of the rest of the pack this season and not unreasonable to go ahead and say that they are definitely likely to win state. I know, I know. It is too early to making statements like that but I am not the only one saying it.

Is Skogen the head coach this year at Temple? Is anyone concerned about this? You have a core of senior who are use to the way Wadley ran things, and now you have the best players dad as the head coach...I think if things start to go bad for Temple then the locker room could have some issues in it.....Anyone have any thoughts?

Is Skogen the head coach this year at Temple? Is anyone concerned about this? You have a core of senior who are use to the way Wadley ran things, and now you have the best players dad as the head coach...I think if things start to go bad for Temple then the locker room could have some issues in it.....Anyone have any thoughts?

Yes, Skogen is the head coach.

Well the team has played together for a while so I dont think there are going to be problems within the team. Now seth is without a doubt their best player, but I dont view him and the real "leader" type. I could be wrong. I heard that they are still running the same exact plays. But anytime you lose a coach like Wadley it cant help things.

Edited by redandwhiteforever

You obviously arent very educated with grace, they have reloaded quite nicely. Their backcourt will be young, but very talented and will get much better as the year goes on. Add that with the most size in the front court in class A, you atleast are a region contender.

I dont know who will win when this three teams play its too early to tell, I just wouldnt be suprised if there was some spilts in the regular season series. All three teams have great home atmospheres where it is hard to go in and win.

"Reloaded quite nicely"?? Didn't you mean to say "RECRUITED quite nicely"?? After all this kid didn't come from Grace's jr high did he?? Isn't he a sophomore? :thumb:

Coach Skogen will do fine. He has been right there with Coach Wadley for years. If you don't know Coach Skogen, then you obviously don't realize this man's level of intelligence. One of the smartest guys I know. I believe Coach Wadley did great with Temple, but I don't think this transformation will hurt the team. Skoge's is a great modivational speaker. He's better than Matt Foley, who by the way, lives in a van down by the river.He pumps the guys up and gets them fired up. I hope/believe he will do well with these guys. I pray they do well this year. Yes, he will want Seth to excell and be great. Who doesn't want his kid to do that? That being said, I believe Skoge's will do what's right for the team and the kids. He is smart and He is great with the kids. I am not taking away from Wadley. I am just saying, that's the past, and I believe this change will be fine. I am sure there will be some angry parents along the way. "My kid doesn't play enough"...blah blah blah. I played bball my whole life, and then one year of Varisty my sophomore year. I realized I belong behind the bench cheering. My parents and I didn't cry when I didn't play. I probably only saw 14 1/2 minutes of varsity time. You know what, I didn't care. High school ball, to me, is not about equal minutes of playing time. I would rather the best players be out there winning the game, rather than me feel good cause I played the same amount as Dee or Sean Wadley did. you know? People get bent out of shape just cause their kid is terrible and they don't get to play. The truth is, those parents are afraid to admit that their kid needs to stay off the court and find their hobbies that they are actually good at.

Alright I am done with that. just making the statement that some parents will complain cause Coach Skoge's is "being unfair". You might see it on here in a few months, but I am getting my venting out early.

That being said, Skoge's will do a fine jo ;) b.

Wow. Has the season started yet? Temple has already been pencil'd as the State Champs? I know we play great ball in East Tennessee, but plenty of the same people have picked Temple to win it all every year the past seven years. Let's all keep in mind they still play basketball at GRACE BAPTIST ACADEMY, Unaka, Cosby, East Robertson, Middleton, Union City, Lake Co., Middle College, and Humboldt. Temple's head was effectively cut off this off season with the departure of Chattanooga's most decorated small school coach Dan Wadley.

Did Grace recruit this big kid, or did his family realize that they don't really churn out good basketball talent at Berean? That's right, no link when you spell out Berean; Berean is a TAACS school. Raise your hand if you know what TAACS stands for. Someone call me out on this one, but didn't the Hixson coach catch wind of this kid leaving and try and woo him to the Wildcats? Grace picked up some kids in the off-season because the pedigree of the program looks good and its a good school in a good location. Forget about the athletics for a minute, Grace is a school where God is taken first and that's the real reason most kids go there. Ok, nuff said. Hopefully C-Mac and Unknown 6'8' Big Man can learn to stay in the paint and play volleyball among the munchkins guarding them.

Don't rule out Coach Dragoo and the Boys from 3rd Street. They could play last year and since Martell Powell only played when he felt like it, they should pretty much be the same team as last year.

Edited by Grace Golden Eagles

Coach Skogen will do fine. He has been right there with Coach Wadley for years. If you don't know Coach Skogen, then you obviously don't realize this man's level of intelligence. One of the smartest guys I know. I believe Coach Wadley did great with Temple, but I don't think this transformation will hurt the team. Skoge's is a great modivational speaker. He's better than Matt Foley, who by the way, lives in a van down by the river.He pumps the guys up and gets them fired up. I hope/believe he will do well with these guys. I pray they do well this year. Yes, he will want Seth to excell and be great. Who doesn't want his kid to do that? That being said, I believe Skoge's will do what's right for the team and the kids. He is smart and He is great with the kids. I am not taking away from Wadley. I am just saying, that's the past, and I believe this change will be fine. I am sure there will be some angry parents along the way. "My kid doesn't play enough"...blah blah blah. I played bball my whole life, and then one year of Varisty my sophomore year. I realized I belong behind the bench cheering. My parents and I didn't cry when I didn't play. I probably only saw 14 1/2 minutes of varsity time. You know what, I didn't care. High school ball, to me, is not about equal minutes of playing time. I would rather the best players be out there winning the game, rather than me feel good cause I played the same amount as Dee or Sean Wadley did. you know? People get bent out of shape just cause their kid is terrible and they don't get to play. The truth is, those parents are afraid to admit that their kid needs to stay off the court and find their hobbies that they are actually good at.

Alright I am done with that. just making the statement that some parents will complain cause Coach Skoge's is "being unfair". You might see it on here in a few months, but I am getting my venting out early.

That being said, Skoge's will do a fine jo :) b.

Good post, sometimes the truth hurts, but you gotta get over it.

Wow. Has the season started yet? Temple has already been pencil'd as the State Champs? I know we play great ball in East Tennessee, but plenty of the same people have picked Temple to win it all every year the past seven years. Let's all keep in mind they still play basketball at GRACE BAPTIST ACADEMY, Unaka, Cosby, East Robertson, Middleton, Union City, Lake Co., Middle College, and Humboldt. Temple's head was effectively cut off this off season with the departure of Chattanooga's most decorated small school coach Dan Wadley.

Did Grace recruit this big kid, or did his family realize that they don't really churn out good basketball talent at Berean? That's right, no link when you spell out Berean; Berean is a TAACS school. Raise your hand if you know what TAACS stands for. Someone call me out on this one, but didn't the Hixson coach catch wind of this kid leaving and try and woo him to the Wildcats? Grace picked up some kids in the off-season because the pedigree of the program looks good and its a good school in a good location. Forget about the athletics for a minute, Grace is a school where God is taken first and that's the real reason most kids go there. Ok, nuff said. Hopefully C-Mac and Unknown 6'8' Big Man can learn to stay in the paint and play volleyball among the munchkins guarding them.

Don't rule out Coach Dragoo and the Boys from 3rd Street. They could play last year and since Martell Powell only played when he felt like it, they should pretty much be the same team as last year.

No they recruited him, nice try on the verbage there but no they recruited him! :)

No they recruited him, nice try on the verbage there but no they recruited him! :thumb:

You sir are very ignorant. I was around the whole situation. The kid was leaving Berean after his freshman year. He was looking at Hixson and Grace. I can assure you Grace has made no violation. Coach Matheiss wouldnt even talk to the kids parents without a guidance councilor with him (which is a TSSAA rule.) Grace's athletic program is one of utmost integrity. We are talking about the same program whose own AD turned in a rules violation on a volleyball player who played in a YMCA pick-up game during the year causing them to forfeit all their games. Would anyone have ever found out about this? no, but they still did the right thing.

Your uneducated and ignorant comments towards Grace are not welcome here.

Is he a legit 6'8? I remember last year he was listed taller than he really was.

You really dont think Grace is a contender? I mean you can make statements like that about anyone. Take UNC for example in college, They will start a couple of freshman are they contenders?

Yes, Ball is a legit 6'8'' now. UNC starting freshmen who are McDonald's All-Americans is a lot different than the situation Grace will be in.