Chattanooga Single A

ASCEO

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What do you mean by that, He is one of the most selfless people and coaches I have ever met in my life

I saw the youngster play before and he looked like he needed to be sitting on the bench instead of playing point. Every dad struggles with being too hard or too soft on their son and just from my personal observation he made what was an obviously wrong decision giving his son so much playing time. Watching the young Dragoo on the floor made me think of suggesting he find some other sport to play.

Maybe he normally played better but not that game. I did read the article that was posted and he cannot be too bad if he scored a whopping 12 points.

Not really intended as a slam against Coach's character or ability but aimed more at the predisposed conflict of being a coach and a father and how one role clouds the senses sometimes in the other.

Edited by Pasture

I am sorry, I have just got to giggle about all the smoke blowing going on by the Grace fans. Yes, you had a good team last year and yes you did beat Temple several times and went to the Boro while we sat at home and listened on the radio or watched on the television, but that was last year.

If Carter and the new guy are all you have to get excited about this year, then I can already hear the crying from all the way over here in Highland Park. You do know, don't you, that the game is played 5 on 5? I saw your bench last year and I was keenly aware of how much playing time they did not get in the boro and how many points they did not put up on the board (was it zero?) and they are your starters this year. Can Carter carry four other players on his back? Can Carter carry three other players on his back? Can Carter carry any players on his back? He would have had to have really worked really hard during the off season to be that good and then Grace would only be a one man show, at best a two man show, but not a five man show.

Honestly, no disrespect, last year Grace barely beat Temple three times. You need more than what you have to even think about competing this year. It is definitely a rebuilding year for Grace not a reloading year. Everyone who wants to see can see it. Just accept it with "grace" and dignity and move on.

Edited by Pasture

Oh, Oh, Oh, just one more, please.

I have giggled and giggled and giggled over CSAS continuing to cite when they beat Temple. You guys keep saying (not to mention those years you cite that I cannot even remember where I lived much less who played whom) "Oh! well! we beat Temple the last time we played you!" So? Temple beat you worse the game before? What does it matter?

Everyone always gets beat at some point. I guess it really is about who wins or loses at the wrong time. Like at District and Region (I do not want to talk about sectionals :thumb: ) :lol:

Have a great day!

"Hello, I am Pasture, and I have approved of this message"

I am sorry, I have just got to giggle about all the smoke blowing going on by the Grace fans. Yes, you had a good team last year and yes you did beat Temple several times and went to the Boro while we sat at home and listened on the radio or watched on the television, but that was last year.

If Carter and the new guy are all you have to get excited about this year, then I can already hear the crying from all the way over here in Highland Park. You do know, don't you, that the game is played 5 on 5? I saw your bench last year and I was keenly aware of how much playing time they did not get in the boro and how many points they did not put up on the board (was it zero?) and they are your starters this year. Can Carter carry four other players on his back? Can Carter carry three other players on his back? Can Carter carry any players on his back? He would have had to have really worked really hard during the off season to be that good and then Grace would only be a one man show, at best a two man show, but not a five man show.

Honestly, no disrespect, last year Grace barely beat Temple three times. You need more than what you have to even think about competing this year. It is definitely a rebuilding year for Grace not a reloading year. Everyone who wants to see can see it. Just accept it with "grace" and dignity and move on.

What about the time Grace spanked Temple? That aside, let's look at meetings between the two schools. While Temple was beating the brakes off of everyone, puny little Grace could always hold their own and Temple would "barely beat" Grace in their meetings. Never count either school out when they play each other. Just like any rivalry game. On paper, should Bama have competed with UT two three ago? Georgia-Florida? Not a chance.

What about the time Grace spanked Temple? That aside, let's look at meetings between the two schools. While Temple was beating the brakes off of everyone, puny little Grace could always hold their own and Temple would "barely beat" Grace in their meetings. Never count either school out when they play each other. Just like any rivalry game. On paper, should Bama have competed with UT two three ago? Georgia-Florida? Not a chance.

Grace Golden Eagles you are very wise. Rivalry games will never be automatic

Oh, Oh, Oh, just one more, please.

I have giggled and giggled and giggled over CSAS continuing to cite when they beat Temple. You guys keep saying (not to mention those years you cite that I cannot even remember where I lived much less who played whom) "Oh! well! we beat Temple the last time we played you!" So? Temple beat you worse the game before? What does it matter?

Everyone always gets beat at some point. I guess it really is about who wins or loses at the wrong time. Like at District and Region (I do not want to talk about sectionals :D ) :o

Have a great day!

"Hello, I am Pasture, and I have approved of this message"

Keep giggling then, if I recall correctly didnt you just recall when Grace went to the state and their bench didnt play or score who is to say they havent improved over the summer, evrybody on here including you cites past matchups to base their arguments on, so what is the point you are making all we have to go on is the past until they actually lace them up and lights come on.

Keep giggling then, if I recall correctly didnt you just recall when Grace went to the state and their bench didnt play or score who is to say they havent improved over the summer, evrybody on here including you cites past matchups to base their arguments on, so what is the point you are making all we have to go on is the past until they actually lace them up and lights come on.

Let them giggle icecold. They will find out soon enough.

I have giggled and giggled over how temple fans think that their team is unstoppable when the season hasn't even started yet. Yes, temple has a very good team returning, but nobody knows for sure how the other teams are going to look until the season is started, so don't crown them yet.

Edited by taydizzle

This is so funny to read. After all of the negative advertisements from political races it is welcome change to log onto coacht to hear about the good things in life!

Grace is young no matter how you look at it. They have at least one very good player and some young potential. They have a good coach and a lot of excitement. Past that, no one will really know until they play real games!

Temple lost several seniors, mostly role players, but they played every game. They lost their dorm student starter. They lost their longtime coach. They will still be good, but they will not be the same team as last year. That may be good or bad but it will be different. We won't know until they play some real games, maybe later than others due to football.

CSAS has been good in the past and should be good again this year. How good? They have more athletes and overall talent than probably anybody in our region. We won't know how good they will be until they play some real games. Their coach has been there a long time and has had a lot of success. I still don't know why people keep harping on him and his son when you could criticize any coach and people he plays whenever you want. I know that Coach Skogen will get questions this year about his sons, I just hope people won't write about it.