Chattanooga Single A

ASCEO

Since we are bringing up the past I remember in 98 when CSAS beat the Brakes off of Temple I remember i n97 When Temple was loaded and CSAS went over to Temple minus one of their best players and beat them. TEmple will be good so will Grace and CSAS but dont crown Temple as state champions just yet season hasnt even started

good point. and i remember from 99 temple should have won. My best friend was on that temple team and he always talks about it. darn tssaa for throwing in Sectionals that year. that messed us over, but it is in the past and nothing can be done. I am iffy about Grace this year, but I could be wrong. Right now I feel CSAS is Temple's biggest threat in the Region. But what do I know? :D

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When Grace played Temple Davis would guard the worst player on the floor while seth would guard Davis.

Seth didnt always guard Davis, Temple tried everyone on Davis. Wadley tried the first game or so. Vespie and Seth also tried. Neither player plays or played much D. But Davis obviously won the head to head battles between the two last year.

After not just watchin both of them,but also playin against both, i can def say seth was a better rounded player. Davis was the best shooter in the city last year no question and wasnt afraid to take the big shot,but as far as playin well in all the aspects of the game,Seth has him beat.Davis couldnt post up,rebound,drive to the basket and just wouldnt play defense.He was not strong enough to do those things.Seth was and is a decent shooter,great defender,good rebounder,good at takin it to the hole,can post up very well,and wants to take the big shot.they were both good players,but Seth is just better all around.

Davis was a finesse player. You arent going to see him post up all the time although he could score downlow on a miss match. And it isnt like Seth made his living down low either he was a perimeter player also. And whether you score from down-low, mid-range, from the perimeter, or from half court doesnt matter; Davis was the better scorer. As I mentioned neither player played much D, not because they arent capable of playing good D, they just didnt. And you also brought up a good point, Davis ability to take the big shot and show up in big games. He came up huge in the Temple games. He pretty much beat CSAS by himself at CSAS in a game Grace had no business winning. And then at state he dropped 25 in the first half against Humboldt (possibly the best team in the state tournament).

Edited by redandwhiteforever

I haven't been misinformed on anything, I saw it with my own eyes. Sure Coach Dragoo has won some games, he has had some great players that have won him those games. I remember one year when he had 3 Division 1 players on one team and they still didn't win the State. He has had loads of talent but he has never been able to win the big game.

Dragoo is one of the best coaches around.

It's not a low blow at all! Everyone who saw CSAS play last year couldn't figure out why his son was on the floor. I mean seriously they had 5 other players sitting on the bench that were better than him. And that isn't a knock on the kid either, he just shouldn't have been on the floor. Dont get to tore up over this my friend, you will get your opportunity pretty soon.

That is exactly right! When CSAS barely beat Temple at home last year, Martell played his socks off. It was probably Martell's best and hardest fought game of the year. What does CSAS have without Martell. As good a coach as Dragoo may be, it is obvious that he is willing to not make the "win" decision over personal gratification. Gofish is right.

That is exactly right! When CSAS barely beat Temple at home last year, Martell played his socks off. It was probably Martell's best and hardest fought game of the year. What does CSAS have without Martell. As good a coach as Dragoo may be, it is obvious that he is willing to not make the "win" decision over personal gratification. Gofish is right.

What do you mean by that, He is one of the most selfless people and coaches I have ever met in my life