Where does Oak Ridge go from here?

It is sad to see the Oak Ridge program go from state finalist to out of the playoffs in one year. The head coach obviously had a great group of seniors that he rode to the Championship game last year. He of course choked at the Championship game by passing to set up the run when you had one of the best running backs in state history (Spencer Gulmire), a great O-line and the "DARK SIDE" defense.

Coach Stevens has a lot to work on before next year. Oak Ridge fans will not take losing PERIOD!

Of course, if we have a season next year that mirrors this year then that puts Oak Ridge in the same position they were 2 years ago. Looking for a head coach. And we know how that goes, they select a search committee, they go through interviews, select a candidate and the superintendent/outside influences reject the committees recommendation and select their own candidate. Great job on that one.

Basketball can not get here soon enough.

Roll Wildcats Roll!!!

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not very educated on the internal affairs over at Oak Ridge, but, it seems as though Coach Stevens is on thin ice now. What's his situation? Was it coaching or just one of those years where the talent drops off a little bit that is to be blamed for this season?

Edited by TG24

Come on guys! DB was down last year. We didn't want to fire coach Clark. Look at where DB stands this year - a huge difference. You will be back too - you always have before. Win your last game and call it a year (Yes one that you would rather forget). Best of luck next friday.

Come on guys! DB was down last year. We didn't want to fire coach Clark. Look at where DB stands this year - a huge difference. You will be back too - you always have before. Win your last game and call it a year (Yes one that you would rather forget). Best of luck next friday.

I agree; this is just a down year. Every school will eventually run into one of these years. I fully expect Oak Ridge to be back next year with a vengence. They play a lot of young players and the experience they have gotten this year will go a long way to a very successful year next year.

I believe Oak Ridge will be one of the main challengers in the region next year, and will be back in the playoffs.

well last game DB lost was Owls and I'll argue that this was more dominant performance than DB over OR. Considering the lack of T.o. and etc. Owl's defense is for real and trust me even though the announcer thinks Jeremy is an adequate QB I'll take him any night. darn personal foul on first and goal stopped this game from being worse.

I've told you guys for two years the players won't follow this guy. Get ready for the fallout!!!! OR will be destroyed by Farragut. I almost thought I was watching a boys club game tonight. KG and TB you got what you wanted, so LIVE WITH IT!!!!

I kept hearing all year how this team was more talented than last years team and it would take 6-8 weeks to develop. Then the story was this years team does not reflect what the coaches want to do, but they fight hard. Just give me more time and we will be great. Cut your losses before it is too late!!!! The program is in great hands now! :thumb:

The outside people writng on this board believe this is just a rebuilding year for Oak Ridge. This is not the case, next year will be and they will be lucky to win 4 games. You guys have to understand something, he was not chosen to be the head coach here by the community selection committe. He wasn't even in the top three but the lame duck principal vetoed their choice and gave us Stevens. He is in way over his head as the head coach of a big time program. He doesn't have the work ethic for it and his ego won't allow him to see his shortcomings.

Last year's team was Bruce Lussier's team. We all knew we would see how he could coach when Spencer Gulmire left and took the load off of him. We all see now. Stanton Steven's is a Ken Green (former Principal) and Tom Bailey(Superentendant) decision. It was a political decision made. He has created a devide between the players with his displine some but over look others policy. He lets players quit and rejoin the team. He is late to practice, doesn't use his personel to their strengths. Cusses like a sailor to the kids and lets them do the same. TNbreakers you are right.. The kids won't play for him. We are stuck with him unles they do the same thing they did with their other bad hire. Last year this poliitcal machine hired a principal that lasted 9 months. Bailey and Stevens need to go and so does the entire school board. I can talk for days on this.. Oak Ridge football is dead. Until he leaves. Oak Ridge tell your school board members that we won't stand for this. Not the losing but the man.

Edited by Cats meow