'Battle of the Boro'

Lost Old Dad

Check the GOLD Ball count........we all know which team keeps choking at state. I will give you that....you keep getting there, but you should have won every time you went. After all, the majority of the time , you had all your playoff games at HOME. Clearly an advantage and we both know that.

Let's talk about another bunch who can't get it done at state?? Your baseball team.

We have a silver ball in girls bball, a silver ball in boys bball, 2 in football. Two golds in football and 2 golds in baseball. VERY versatile and something NO other school in the BORO can equal. So even IF your bball girls or boys can ever get to state finals, we did it first.

Check your history, Riverdale has dominated freshmen football for yrs. That is the basis for a great varsity program. Ask any HC. Now your feeder school isn't getting the W's and your freshmen aren't. That is WHY Rankin jumped ship.....he saw the writing on the wall....that and the new high school in Rockvale. I DO have confidence that Coach A can turn the freshmen into contenders tho.

ok then come back in 2 years :lol: our bball team will be good this year

OUR boys bball team has been good EVERY year........ask oaklandgrad for the stats.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Check the GOLD Ball count........we all know which team keeps choking at state. I will give you that....you keep getting there, but you should have won every time you went. After all, the majority of the time , you had all your playoff games at HOME. Clearly an advantage and we both know that.

Let's talk about another bunch who can't get it done at state?? Your baseball team.

We have a silver ball in girls bball, a silver ball in boys bball, 2 in football. Two golds in football and 2 golds in baseball. VERY versatile and something NO other school in the BORO can equal. So even IF your bball girls or boys can ever get to state finals, we did it first.

Check your history, Riverdale has dominated freshmen football for yrs. That is the basis for a great varsity program. Ask any HC. Now your feeder school isn't getting the W's and your freshmen aren't. That is WHY Rankin jumped ship.....he saw the writing on the wall....that and the new high school in Rockvale. I DO have confidence that Coach A can turn the freshmen into contenders tho.

OUR boys bball team has been good EVERY year........ask oaklandgrad for the stats.

I disagree about we should have won the state every year we went i am not going to go back too far but in 2000 we were a year early in getting there and red bank was really good in 01 i would agree we were the favorites in 02 we lost too many SRs the year before there was no way we could do it with a lot of soph and JRs but we got there and had a chance to win it 03 we were a year away and could have won that game too 04 no one was beating us that year

I think baseball is totally different that football in football MOST of the time the best team wins in baseball its who is hot at that time a hot hitter or pitcher and if you have a legit #1 it can truely affect the game however there are many that would argue that with all the talent oakland had back in those days they should have at least 3 more so take that for what it is worth

i thought out girls basketball made it to the finals back in the day (not sure of the year) i remeber when the corders played we made it to state but not sure if we lost in the first game or what i was there and it was played at Vandy

I dont think you want to get into whos school is doing what when it comes to state because as we speek our soccer girls and our cross country is preparing to participate in the state tournament and our football team is alive and well so far the only fall sport that wasnt a success was volleyball so i think our school is doing pretty good

Sounds like a case of Warrior envy to me. :lol:

Losing in the state finals in football or getting to the spring fling in baseball and stubbing your toe is a problem a lot schools would love to have, including Oakland. It sure beats the alternative (losing before ya get that far that is :lol:

truth riverdaleman, only reason the volleyball team is down is because 5+ players quit at the beginning of the season

i could have gotten deeper into with him but just not enough time ...our volleyball team was young anyway and i think there is a lot more to this story than we both know or need to know somthing wasnt right on the inside hopefully things will get str8 out for next year

did we win the years u say we choked ? oh then i guess we shouldnt have