Ooltewah, State Champs?

WaCoJaCo

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am a DB grad and was at the playoff game last year. How does this Ooltewah team compare to last year's team as they enter the first round of the playoffs. I was impressed with the Senior heavy team last year. Is this year's Owl team better suited to make a long playoff run? Across the Board; Offense, Defense, Kicking game, Special teams, Depth/Injuries. Is this a better team than last year?

DB is a better team than last year at this time. The Offense is much better. The defense has 8 starters back, and is the real deal. Special teams are above average, as they were last year. Only one major injury to a starter. Hopefully with our experience and home field for the first two rounds will help us make a long run this year. Even though I look ahead, this team does not.

I do not intend for this to be a DB/Ooltewah thread, hopefully that day will come in two weeks. I was just wanting a comparison from the Ooltewah folks about how your team stands now compared to last year at the beginning of the playoffs.

I am a DB grad and was at the playoff game last year. How does this Ooltewah team compare to last year's team as they enter the first round of the playoffs. I was impressed with the Senior heavy team last year. Is this year's Owl team better suited to make a long playoff run? Across the Board; Offense, Defense, Kicking game, Special teams, Depth/Injuries. Is this a better team than last year?

DB is a better team than last year at this time. The Offense is much better. The defense has 8 starters back, and is the real deal. Special teams are above average, as they were last year. Only one major injury to a starter. Hopefully with our experience and home field for the first two rounds will help us make a long run this year. Even though I look ahead, this team does not.

I do not intend for this to be a DB/Ooltewah thread, hopefully that day will come in two weeks. I was just wanting a comparison from the Ooltewah folks about how your team stands now compared to last year at the beginning of the playoffs.

This years owls team is as talented if not more tantented than last years team. To me the biggest diffrence is the front four on defense and the overall team discipline. Quarterback play is also vastly improved, Jeremy Woods is a very smart and confident qb who doesnt make a lot of mistakes.The owls are multi dimensional, with the abiltity to run or throw...very hard for an opposing defense to defend. O-line works very well as a unit, but do not have to open huge holes for #5 to explode.Owls have an extremely good tight end 6'4(Jenson Morgan),big time mis match against linebackers or shorter db's. Owls have a solid kicker and special teams have some dangerous playmakers out there.Ooltewah has two absolute beasts at fullback who can also run extremely well (#44 & #20). Overall team defense is outstanding, all eleven can run very well, for example: deep man on kick off returns is the owls defensive end! go owls!

First let me start off by saying, Congrats to all the Owls football teams (Varsity, JV, and Freshman) for an undefeated regular season (25-0). I'm not sure if anyone else in the state can say that.

Second, can the Owls win state? As much as I would love to see it happen, "I" don't think they will have enough down the stretch to pull it off without some luck going their way. All champions need a little luck to be able to run the table. Some call it luck, some call it Destiny.

Any number of things can equalize a game. Turnovers, weather, coaching just to name a few. Ask Riverdale fans about the latter because they should be sitting there undefeated. They never should have lost to McCallie and anyone who says otherwise is an idiot. This is coming from a totally unbiased party!! I do think McCallie will win state for Div II however.

To win state and go undefeated, you need a few bounces to go your way and the Owls have had their share so far this year. I hope they continue to go the Owl's way.

One thing about this years Owls team, they do not quit!! I must say, this is what impresses me the most. In the past, Owls teams would lay down when things didn't go their way. Anyone who plays the Owls will know they have been in a fight regardless of the outcome.

Now, with that said, GO OWL'S, WIN STATE!! :)