Ooltewah, State Champs?

WaCoJaCo

I think coach Benny Monroe knows how to win football games. He has had a 54 game winning streak. Everyone can gripe about this and all of the coulda woulda and shoulda'a but Ooltewah is still undefeated in the toughest region in the East. Say what you want but Ooltewah is 9-0 and thats all that counts. If they go 15-0 and their next 6 wins are by a total of 6 points they are still going to be considered the best team in 5a.A win is a win and thats all that matters.

Edited by ImaOWL

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah ... trust the guy who had Heritage included in his preseason 5A top ten in the state. He's definitely got it all figured out. Blount played Sevier down to the wire twice last season and finally outplayed them in their season opener and earned a hard fought win ... but it was just a fluke.

FBE, let's tune back in after the first week of the playoffs and see how region 2 does in their opening games.

GovMan I love ya man, but I do think WB's win over Sevier was a lucky break or fluke. Think WB could beat Sevier now? Look at each teams record.

I happen to think Sevier county is the team to beat right after DB in ETN 5A. We will see ofcourse.

It won't mean much until regions one and two battle it out with each other. It does appear, in spite of all the rhetoric on here, that R2 is a little stronger than R1, simply in head to head competition where they have won 3 of 4 games this year, the only loss being Oak Ridge to Dobyns Bennett--not much of measuring stick since OR is down this year.

Best guess in order who will likely come out on top and advance, from my perspective:

Dobyns-Bennett--I still think they are the best team in the east

Ooltewah--you can't count them out; they're undefeated; play at home all the way

Farragut--tough defensively; and if they balance out their offense can beat anyone

Sevier County--under-rated team with the ability to knock anyone off

McMinn County--can be explosive, but very inconsisten; great improvement

Bearden--best year in a long time; just not able to contend with the big boys

Willam Blount--getting DB in first round; could win; but I don't think they will

Science Hill--worst team in the east in the playoffs; Owls better not look past them

Not trying to flame or anything like that just looking for infromation. There is talking going around Science Hill High School that Ooltewah may have used an inelgible player during the season and may have to give back some games. This is second hand info and I haven't spoken to my son to ask the appropiated questions but wanted to see if there is an bite to it.

Here this goes again...

Not sure what you mean but I'm just trying to find out because I need to make travel plans. This is the first time I've heard this so it struck me odd. If this been approached before please direct where I can find. Thanks...... for what it's worth, I believe that this was coming from his coaches which make even less sense to me because of the timing. The boys play dobyns-bennett friday night and that's where there focus needs to go. If you don't want to get into it here, private message me. Like I said, I'm looking for info not trying to flame.

Not sure what you mean but I'm just trying to find out because I need to make travel plans. This is the first time I've heard this so it struck me odd. If this been approached before please direct where I can find. Thanks...... for what it's worth, I believe that this was coming from his coaches which make even less sense to me because of the timing. The boys play dobyns-bennett friday night and that's where there focus needs to go. If you don't want to get into it here, private message me. Like I said, I'm looking for info not trying to flame.

Some other people have said the same thing a few weeks ago, and nothing has ever came out of it. No Ooltewah fans even know about it that im aware of. More of a rumor to me. I'm sure that since it has been a few weeks, by now something would of came of that, but nothing has. Could of possibly came from the rumor posted on the T.

Edited by reaction

This is why It's really stupid that my thread about that got deleted within hours.

BECAUSE STUPID PEOPLE TELL OTHER PEOPLE AND IT DOESN'T END. THIS RUMOR WILL BE WITH OOLTEWAH THROUGH THE ENTIRE PLAYOFFS.

IT'S FAKE. I KNOW SOME LURKER IS GOING TO READ THIS AND TELL SOMEONE ELSE ABOUT IT. LISTEN TO ME, IT'S FAKE.

However 33-10 OR vs. DB was no where near as dominating of a game as the (shoulda been a shutout, but for a 3-10 busted coverage) whipping Owls put on OR on thier field.

Please elaborate as to how DB beating OR at the ship (with a healthy Gulmire at QB) was "nowhere near as dominating" as the Owls beating OR at the ship? I don't want to take anything away from OHS win or add anything to the DB win, just curious as to how this win was far and away better?

I think coach Benny Monroe knows how to win football games. He has had a 54 game winning streak. Everyone can gripe about this and all of the coulda woulda and shoulda'a but Ooltewah is still undefeated in the toughest region in the East. Say what you want but Ooltewah is 9-0 and thats all that counts. If they go 15-0 and their next 6 wins are by a total of 6 points they are still going to be considered the best team in 5a.A win is a win and thats all that matters.

Good post ImaOWL. I for one, as you well know :rolleyes: , have bemoaned the WB loss down there and cried and whined, but the bottom line is, you guys won the game and you've continued and won every game. Heck of a season and I hope you finish it off this Friday night (as far as regular season).

There is so much parity this year. Yes, I talk about a WB / Ooltewah rematch just to rile you guys up, but honestly, I believe we all would like another shot at you guys. It's highly improbable that it will ever happen and if it did, you all might run us off the field ... but I believe that our young men realized that night down there that they are capable of playing with the big boys. Barring a shot for us to gain some revenge, I would love to see the Owls run the table and disprove all the naysayers. It would be a great reward for your young men and coaches who've done an outstanding job this year.

FBE ... fluke or not, we did beat Sevier County this year. We've also been a few inches and a few seconds away from beating Ooltewah, Farragut, and Mcminn. In the same way, our wins over Sevier and OR were down the wire nail biters. Now, one of two things ... either WB is a pretty decent football team or everyone else in 5A around here is real bad. I tend to believe the former ... that on any given night the Govs could win (or for that matter lose) against Sevier County again or any of the other teams ... that there is no team (including DB) that is just a drop-dead, no questions asked, prohibitive favorite. If we go up to DB and get lambasted, I'll have to eat those words. :lol:

Basketball is best, your run down of the teams is well thought out and I tend to agree with it. I would love to see our four teams ( Ooltewah, Farragut, Mcminn, and Blount) SWEEP the first round. Obviously, the Governors have the toughest road to hold if that is going to happen. But FBE's position on Sevier County is a good one ... they are a team with lots and lots of weapons and if they are all clicking, they will be a hand full for anybody.

I just wanted to say, short of the miracle of WB getting a chance to knock you guys off, I would love to see Ooltewah go 15-0 and get to touch some of those "golden balls" that someone was talking about. :lol: