Ooltewah, State Champs?

WaCoJaCo

Ooltewah has NO CHANCE of winning a state championship this year. You guys barely beat a very average WB team on your home field. Maybe the game I saw that night was a fluke and you did not play well, but come on, usually, state champions put average teams away like WB and Farragut, not win on the last play of the game. You should win a few games in the playoffs, but, as far as a gold ball is concerned, NO CHANCE HOTEL!!!!

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ooltewah has NO CHANCE of winning a state championship this year. You guys barely beat a very average WB team on your home field. Maybe the game I saw that night was a fluke and you did not play well, but come on, usually, state champions put average teams away like WB and Farragut, not win on the last play of the game. You should win a few games in the playoffs, but, as far as a gold ball is concerned, NO CHANCE HOTEL!!!!

I guess you can say Dobyns Bennett has no chance to win since they had to have a last second touchdown to beat a below average Sevier County(who lost to "horrible" WIlliam Blount by 10) and also barely beat Bearden. You can also say that Riverdale has no chance since they have already lost a game and barely beat Siegel..... Etcoach, you are a smart one!

Good post ImaOWL. I for one, as you well know :thumb: , have bemoaned the WB loss down there and cried and whined, but the bottom line is, you guys won the game and you've continued and won every game. Heck of a season and I hope you finish it off this Friday night (as far as regular season).

There is so much parity this year. Yes, I talk about a WB / Ooltewah rematch just to rile you guys up, but honestly, I believe we all would like another shot at you guys. It's highly improbable that it will ever happen and if it did, you all might run us off the field ... but I believe that our young men realized that night down there that they are capable of playing with the big boys. Barring a shot for us to gain some revenge, I would love to see the Owls run the table and disprove all the naysayers. It would be a great reward for your young men and coaches who've done an outstanding job this year.

FBE ... fluke or not, we did beat Sevier County this year. We've also been a few inches and a few seconds away from beating Ooltewah, Farragut, and Mcminn. In the same way, our wins over Sevier and OR were down the wire nail biters. Now, one of two things ... either WB is a pretty decent football team or everyone else in 5A around here is real bad. I tend to believe the former ... that on any given night the Govs could win (or for that matter lose) against Sevier County again or any of the other teams ... that there is no team (including DB) that is just a drop-dead, no questions asked, prohibitive favorite. If we go up to DB and get lambasted, I'll have to eat those words. :rolleyes:

Basketball is best, your run down of the teams is well thought out and I tend to agree with it. I would love to see our four teams ( Ooltewah, Farragut, Mcminn, and Blount) SWEEP the first round. Obviously, the Governors have the toughest road to hold if that is going to happen. But FBE's position on Sevier County is a good one ... they are a team with lots and lots of weapons and if they are all clicking, they will be a hand full for anybody.

I just wanted to say, short of the miracle of WB getting a chance to knock you guys off, I would love to see Ooltewah go 15-0 and get to touch some of those "golden balls" that someone was talking about. :huh:

Great post GovMan! Everyone on here wants their team to win and have another chance at somebody. Everyone is bias somewhat towards their school and will defend their school whenever something bad is said about them. William Blount is a good team. They can and have competed with some of the top teams in east tennessee. I wouldn't be surprised if Blount beat DB. I mean it happened in 2001. Good luck!

I guess you can say Dobyns Bennett has no chance to win since they had to have a last second touchdown to beat a below average Sevier County(who lost to "horrible" WIlliam Blount by 10) and also barely beat Bearden. You can also say that Riverdale has no chance since they have already lost a game and barely beat Siegel..... Etcoach, you are a smart one!

I, unlike you, might root for my team, but I can tell reality from fiction. WB is an average team, not a horrible one. Ooltewah is a good team, not a state contender. Put it this way...I'll give you 4 to 1 on any amount of $$$ you want that Ooltewah doesn't win the state championship. We'll see in a few weeks who the smart one is. I am a realist....you are delusional!!

I, unlike you, might root for my team, but I can tell reality from fiction. WB is an average team, not a horrible one. Ooltewah is a good team, not a state contender. Put it this way...I'll give you 4 to 1 on any amount of $$$ you want that Ooltewah doesn't win the state championship. We'll see in a few weeks who the smart one is. I am a realist....you are delusional!!

while you are looking at your cracked crystal ball the Owls will be polishing a Gold one. :rolleyes:

Who old wise one will win the STATE this year? Post your bracket predictions and lets see how good you really are. Better yet post the scores too with the weather forecast so we may all be prepared.

Go Owls!

There is no doubt Ooltewah is and will be a contender in the state. Thats just dumb. Regardless, I hope they bring back a gold ball to Chattanooga.

while you are looking at your cracked crystal ball the Owls will be polishing a Gold one. :rolleyes:

Who old wise one will win the STATE this year? Post your bracket predictions and lets see how good you really are. Better yet post the scores too with the weather forecast so we may all be prepared.

Go Owls!

I did not say that "one" particular team will win the state championship. Mr. Owl said Ooltewah would win it. I am SMART enough not to pick ONE team when there are 32 teams playing with 1 of at least 10 that could win it. To pick one is really bold (and pretty foolish). Unless it is Maryville in 4A because they win it every year. Do you want some of the 4-1 action??? Because if you do, I will take it!

SO JUST CLEAR THIS UP FOR ME ET, LIKE YOU HAVE DONE ALL YEAR. yOU DON'T THINK THE OWLS ARE ONE OF THE 10? IS THAT WHAT YOU ARE SAYING?BECAUSE I AM NOT THINKING THE OWLS WILL WIN BUT SURELY YOU THINK THEY ARE IN THE TOP TEN? NO NEVERMIND YOU PROBABLY DON'T. GUESS WE WILL JUST HAVE TO ALL WATCH AND SEE.

I did not say that "one" particular team will win the state championship. Mr. Owl said Ooltewah would win it. I am SMART enough not to pick ONE team when there are 32 teams playing with 1 of at least 10 that could win it. To pick one is really bold (and pretty foolish). Unless it is Maryville in 4A because they win it every year. Do you want some of the 4-1 action??? Because if you do, I will take it!

SO JUST CLEAR THIS UP FOR ME ET, LIKE YOU HAVE DONE ALL YEAR. yOU DON'T THINK THE OWLS ARE ONE OF THE 10? IS THAT WHAT YOU ARE SAYING?BECAUSE I AM NOT THINKING THE OWLS WILL WIN BUT SURELY YOU THINK THEY ARE IN THE TOP TEN? NO NEVERMIND YOU PROBABLY DON'T. GUESS WE WILL JUST HAVE TO ALL WATCH AND SEE.

Top 10...........probably. Top 5.......probably not. Champion.......NO.

Is that a bold statement? No. I just think there are many Owl fans who are a bit blinded here. You have to be able to make statements about your team by acting as if you are not for them. WB should not have beat Sevier County, WB should not have beat ORHS, and WB was lucky to beat Bradley. I am able to admit that. I am biased, but I am also able to see reality. I am also sure that Ooltewah is better than what they played against the Govs, but I don't care who you are for, you surely have to agree that the Owls were very fortunate to win that game.

Am I not seeing this clearly? Am I the only one who can tell when their team was lucky to win? It seems to me that you guys just think you have won every game and deserved to win every game are going to win the rest of the games and finish 15-0. If you guys are players on the team, that is fine. You should be a little blinded. However, if you guys are thinking this way and are adults, then I think your thoughts are a bit skewed. But, you know what, that is fine. that is what this board is for. It is to waste time, and, unfortunately, I have wasted more than enough.

Top 10...........probably. Top 5.......probably not. Champion.......NO.

Is that a bold statement? No. I just think there are many Owl fans who are a bit blinded here. You have to be able to make statements about your team by acting as if you are not for them. WB should not have beat Sevier County, WB should not have beat ORHS, and WB was lucky to beat Bradley. I am able to admit that. I am biased, but I am also able to see reality. I am also sure that Ooltewah is better than what they played against the Govs, but I don't care who you are for, you surely have to agree that the Owls were very fortunate to win that game.

Am I not seeing this clearly? Am I the only one who can tell when their team was lucky to win? It seems to me that you guys just think you have won every game and deserved to win every game are going to win the rest of the games and finish 15-0. If you guys are players on the team, that is fine. You should be a little blinded. However, if you guys are thinking this way and are adults, then I think your thoughts are a bit skewed. But, you know what, that is fine. that is what this board is for. It is to waste time, and, unfortunately, I have wasted more than enough.

Some times it takes a little luck to win the game. Flukes happen. Anything can happen in high school sports. But that does not mean that Ooltewah is not a title contender, becuase they are. I was at the William Blount vs Ooltewah game and to this day I think William Blount deserved to win that game with the way they played that night, but I still think Ooltewah is a legit title contender. Oak Ridge lost to Ooltewah last year, but no one counted them out of the title race. Why do teams have to beat everyone by 30 to be considered a contender? A win is a win no matter if it is by 1 or 100. Good teams find a way to win, no matter what the circumstance is. You really aren't giving much info on why you do not think Ooltewah is not a title contender, other than in a past post you said they barely beat a average William Blount team. Not a very good reason. Italy tied the U.S in the World Cup and still won the whole tournament, and everyone knows how bad U.S soccer is. Why are Ooltewah fans blinded by believing in there team. Rightfully so they are 9-0, about to be 10-0. Maybe you just don't want to accept the face that Ooltewah is a very good team, and you don't want to admit that. How about some legit facts of why Ooltewah is not a contender, and possibly someone who you believe is from the East.

Edited by reaction

Some times it takes a little luck to win the game. Flukes happen. Anything can happen in high school sports. But that does not mean that Ooltewah is not a title contender, becuase they are. I was at the William Blount vs Ooltewah game and to this day I think William Blount deserved to win that game with the way they played that night, but I still think Ooltewah is a legit title contender. Oak Ridge lost to Ooltewah last year, but no one counted them out of the title race. Why do teams have to beat everyone by 30 to be considered a contender? A win is a win no matter if it is by 1 or 100. Good teams find a way to win, no matter what the circumstance is. You really aren't giving much info on why you do not think Ooltewah is not a title contender, other than in a past post you said they barely beat a average William Blount team. Not a very good reason. Italy tied the U.S in the World Cup and still won, and everyone knows how bad U.S soccer is. What else is it?

Well I would say Owls are fast enough to win, have enough receivers and a very accurate poised QB, Probably a couple of the best back anywhere (marshall at tailback and Buchannan as the huge FB) OR's coach was comparing Marshall to Gaston Miller from RD which is an accurate comparison (Miller is at Vandy this year Marshall is only a Junior still). Defensive 2ndary could use some more work but they are talented enough to win. Defensive front 7 is as good as any in the state (ask Sterling, McDermott, and the OR Tailback). Kicking game is average, but could kick more into endzone on kickoffs. All considered do Owls have a chance to win it all I would have to say on any given night yes, they have the talent (though young) and the X-Factor is they have one of the best coaches in the state (To answer the question asked earlier Ooltewah's coach has touched 3 gold balls in consecutive years).

I never said Ooltewah would win the state championship. I want them to and feel like they have all the tools to do it but I never said they would. I still don't understand why you think Ooltewah is so bad.... They have accomplished a lot this year. They have 4 returning starters total from last year. No one imagined that they would be 9-0. Who is a state contender if you think Ooltewah isn't? I guess it can't be any of the teams from region 2-5a since Ooltewah has already beaten them.....