Ooltewah, State Champs?

WaCoJaCo

Taken shots for two years lol. When did the owls season end last year.

Everyone is down this year because Oak Ridge is getting beat.

That is so funny. Saying we lost four games in a weak region in case you didnt know is not a good thing.

Just be sure not to dissapear when your at home after round three if not before. I will be the first to say I am wrong If the owls make it past the third round. I will not have a problem admitting I am wrong about the Owls having one of the weakest third ranking team I have seen this late in a season. Dream on if you think Oak Ridge's winning days are over. Oak Ridge doesn't whine to get respect they have earned it. I suspect that the Owls will have to earn their respect the old fasioned way. Again I think the Owls have done very very well an undefeated season is nothing to sneeze at. The Owl fans have every right to be proud of their team. I predicted they would go undefeated and win the region this year which got me in a little hot water with my fellow OR fans but It has happened just like the Owls loosing in the second or third round will happen. I am not always right so look for my crow eating post when you win the championship.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you think Farragut is having a DOWN year? I think they looked pretty darn good when I saw them play? I did not mean by any means that Oak Ridge wouldn't starting winning again. I am talking about domination. Oak Ridge then everyone else. I think the programs in this region are on the rise NOT down. Anyone can win on any given night..well except maybe a few of the teams :thumb:

Ooltewah lost @ Farragut last year.. in round 2.. I think Ooltewah coulda been picked to win that one too.. like earlier in the year. Farragut beat them twice last year. both good games though. but yeah their season ended in Farragut.

Wildman..I am not stupid. I and everyone else knows that Oak Ridge's winning days are not over. I am just saying the days of them showing up and blowing everybody out is not in the near future. That is all I meant. Ooltewah, WB, and Mcminn are all young teams. I don't think that all of a sudden Oak Ridge will be that much greater than the other teams in this region. That is all I meant. I spoke to a guy at the Oak Ridge game that said. These kids (Oak Ridge) don't understand the respect they should have. They don't know they are supposed to win everygame. I just turned to him and said ..well Ooltewah doesn't seem to know they aren't supposed to be winning them all. It isn't just about tradition, Yeah ya gotta earn respect. But you can't just show up and win. You gotta play the game. That is all I'm saying. I didn't mean to offend the good name of the Wildcats. And by the way, I don't think this VERY YOUNG Owl team will go to the finals.Then again I didn't think they would be undegeated either :thumb:

That is so funny. Saying we lost four games in a weak region in case you didnt know is not a good thing.

Just be sure not to dissapear when your at home after round three if not before. I will be the first to say I am wrong If the owls make it past the third round. I will not have a problem admitting I am wrong about the Owls having one of the weakest third ranking team I have seen this late in a season. Dream on if you think Oak Ridge's winning days are over. Oak Ridge doesn't whine to get respect they have earned it. I suspect that the Owls will have to earn their respect the old fasioned way. Again I think the Owls have done very very well an undefeated season is nothing to sneeze at. The Owl fans have every right to be proud of their team. I predicted they would go undefeated and win the region this year which got me in a little hot water with my fellow OR fans but It has happened just like the Owls loosing in the second or third round will happen. I am not always right so look for my crow eating post when you win the championship.

5 teams can beat each other on any given night. Last year 4 teams could beat each other on any given night in our region. I still think Oak Ridge is a good team. They have lost 2 region games in the last seconds and could easily be 2nd in the region. Maybe Ooltewah is better this year than last year? As is McMinn and William Blount. I think this years region is more competive than last year. Bradley has 4 wins....

No I dont think DB is a weak #1 ranked team. Why? The teams that played them tough are both better than the Owls and I expect one of them to end the owls season before they even get to DB. But they may get lucky like they did aganist WB and Faragut. Luck will not matter if they happen to make it to DB.

An undefeated regular season and region champs is something to be proud of. Congradulations on a great season. Wheather you believe that or not I mean it. The kids never quit and deserve recognition for their accomplishment.

How are Sevier and Bearden better than Ooltewah? What makes you come to those conclusions? William Blount beat Sevier comfortably as did Farragut over Bearden. I just don't understand why you think Ooltewah is such a bad 9-0 team.

I'm with you, ImaOWL. I've seen Sevier County play, and, I assure you, they are not a better team than Ooltewah. They are very close, maybe even on par with the Owls, but, there's no way you can say that a two loss team in a weak Region (yes, I said WEAK, because wildman's favorite Region 1 power got murdered by Farragut) is better than an undefeated team in arguably the toughest Region in the state. Look at the head-to-head, also. William Blount beat Sevier, and lost to Ooltewah. Farragut killed Bearden, and lost to Ooltewah. Your argument is as weak as the 'Cats, wildman.

Make no mistake about it OR loses 2 close games against very good teams McMinn and WB and all the sudden Owls Totally DOMINATING them (and there is no defense for 42 yards offense for last 45 min of game). You can blame it on coaching like you guys have been since officiating was very fair. But, how bout this? Blame it on Owls Defensive front 7 dominating OR and Offense being very balanced with passing and rushing. Owls are better than last years team and all indications are DB is too. We will see which has improved the most. However 33-10 OR vs. DB was no where near as dominating of a game as the (shoulda been a shutout, but for a 3-10 busted coverage) whipping Owls put on OR on thier field. Just for good measure if there is an Owl DB matchup it will be at the Nest.

No I dont think DB is a weak #1 ranked team. Why? The teams that played them tough are both better than the Owls and I expect one of them to end the owls season before they even get to DB. But they may get lucky like they did aganist WB and Faragut. Luck will not matter if they happen to make it to DB.

An undefeated regular season and region champs is something to be proud of. Congradulations on a great season. Wheather you believe that or not I mean it. The kids never quit and deserve recognition for their accomplishment.

i'd also like to know how they got lucky against farragut, i can't comment on the WB game b/c i didn't see it, but by no means did ooltewah get lucky against farragut, farragut is a good team, but 3 missed sacks would have made that game a 2+ td game, there was no luck involved in that win.....and TG24, i'm with you, with WB's defense you guys will give DB a game contrary to popular belief on these boards