Whites Creek Vs Maplewood

cobrafan90

This rivalry dates back to when Whites Creek opened in 1979 and many kids from Maplewood were rezoned to Whites Creek. This will be a big time game no matter what the records are. Whites Creek is in a must win game, if they lose they have to depend on other scenarios to get into the playoffs. If they win they will be the number two seed in 5-4a.

Also on Thursday the two schools will battle for the 9th grade city championship. Maplewood won it last yr. Whites Creek won the regular season game. Maplewood beat Hillsboro's freshmen last week 50-6. Whites Creek beat Antioch 14-6. The game is 5 pm at Maplewood.

Now on to the Varsity, where is BOSKI?? Well I know who you are rooting for. Whites Creek will pull the upset. Maplewood doesn't matchup well against Whites Creek. Unfortunately WHites Creek's D can't stop Maplewood. We will try to out score Maplewood. Final Score WC 36 Maplewood 34.

As athletic as maplewood is, I've noticed that teams with speed give maplewood trouble...........Hunters lane, Hillsboro, and Stratford.........Maplewood is probably the most physical football team in 4a. Very Physical.

We have plenty of it with this yrs Region MVP Jamie Graham. Jamie should also get serious consideration for MR. FOOTBALL! He does everything for WC. Go Cobras!

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This will be a close game but I think Maplewood pulls it out in the end. I agree that teams with speed give maplewood problems because they play so agressive and their players often over run the play. Screens and misdirection plays are probably the best way to defeat them because running straight at them doesn't work. Maplewood still has a lot of problems with penalties... especially at inopportune times. I can't count the number of touchdowns they've had called back because of stupid penalties.

My prediction:

Maplewood - 31

Whites Creek - 28

;)

who do you think will win Mr. Football?

I'd say Terrence Holt :thumb:

Maplewood wins this game 42-26. The Creek is playing much better of late but I'm still taking the Panthers to win this one.

Playoff teams from this region will be Hillsboro, Maplewood, Tullahoma (based on overall wins and head-to-head win over Stratford), & Stratford (based on their head-to-head win over Whites Creek).

I find it bad that Whites Creek is likely out of the playoffs with a loss in this one because the last two weeks they've beaten up on playoff contenders in this region. Stratford's loss to Tullahoma really kills the Creek's hopes of getting in with a loss in this one. UNLESS....

Hickman Co. beats Tullahoma OR Stratford beats Hillsboro :rolleyes:

This rivalry dates back to when Whites Creek opened in 1979 and many kids from Maplewood were rezoned to Whites Creek. This will be a big time game no matter what the records are. Whites Creek is in a must win game, if they lose they have to depend on other scenarios to get into the playoffs. If they win they will be the number two seed in 5-4a.

Also on Thursday the two schools will battle for the 9th grade city championship. Maplewood won it last yr. Whites Creek won the regular season game. Maplewood beat Hillsboro's freshmen last week 50-6. Whites Creek beat Antioch 14-6. The game is 5 pm at Maplewood.

Now on to the Varsity, where is BOSKI?? Well I know who you are rooting for. Whites Creek will pull the upset. Maplewood doesn't matchup well against Whites Creek. Unfortunately WHites Creek's D can't stop Maplewood. We will try to out score Maplewood. Final Score WC 36 Maplewood 34.

As athletic as maplewood is, I've noticed that teams with speed give maplewood trouble...........Hunters lane, Hillsboro, and Stratford.........Maplewood is probably the most physical football team in 4a. Very Physical.

We have plenty of it with this yrs Region MVP Jamie Graham. Jamie should also get serious consideration for MR. FOOTBALL! He does everything for WC. Go Cobras!

oh im here ..trying to shake a lame poser ..dang fan gone crazy!!

and maplewood shelbyville was nothing to get hype over .. that was my bye week ..but im back now ..and will be there ..

you know im rolling with maplewood in this one.. it was not fun sitting out in the cold last year .. when creek pounded maplewood 21 - 0 ... payback time baby ..i know its a must win for both teams look for them to both play hard ..for maplewood nothing like hosting a playoff game at home ..for whites creek nothing like making the playoffs.

speaking of speed maplewood needs to add screens and more play action, more counters to its playbook heading into the playoffs .. fight fire with fire ... its just a matter of who gets burnt the most ..

MHS 32

WCHS 20

whats that? you smell that? its smells like a burning donkey rat! - you know who you are. :rolleyes:

Edited by boski

Cobrafan90 you got your 6 and 0 crossed, the score was 56-0. Maplewood Freshman team repeats as champions and White's Creek varsity is home this post season.

Ok, finally a Maplewood win over Hillsboro, lol. 56-0. wow.

Well, I see a Whites Creek sweep, a double, two wins, call it what you want.

Oh yeah Boski, I remember sitting in the cold watching the creek pound Maplewood. Stopping them with 4 downs from the one.

I see Jamie Graham scoring 4 TD's this week. He'll be the Difference. He'll return a punt, kickoff, int, and catch a td. He might even rush for one, giving him 5. Maplewood has T. Holt, we have graham. Two great players.

In the freshman game we'll run away from that man-child defensive end. and we'll plug the middle and stop that great fullback who didn't play in the regular season game.

whoever thinks the talent pool is drying up at maplewood, is wrong. the future looks bright for maplewood.

Ok, finally a Maplewood win over Hillsboro, lol. 56-0. wow.

Well, I see a Whites Creek sweep, a double, two wins, call it what you want.

Oh yeah Boski, I remember sitting in the cold watching the creek pound Maplewood. Stopping them with 4 downs from the one.

I see Jamie Graham scoring 4 TD's this week. He'll be the Difference. He'll return a punt, kickoff, int, and catch a td. He might even rush for one, giving him 5. Maplewood has T. Holt, we have graham. Two great players.

In the freshman game we'll run away from that man-child defensive end. and we'll plug the middle and stop that great fullback who didn't play in the regular season game.

whoever thinks the talent pool is drying up at maplewood, is wrong. the future looks bright for maplewood.

I'm sure that boski had a logical explanation for why they got stopped, probably something about aliens abducting the ball and then returning it to the wrong spot therefore causing them to lose the game. You see it is never maplewoods fault when they lose!!!

I'm sure that boski had a logical explanation for why they got stopped, probably something about aliens abducting the ball and then returning it to the wrong spot therefore causing them to lose the game. You see it is never maplewoods fault when they lose!!!

logical explanation .. i have one ..maplewood got beat that night ..there were no bogus calls ..just good honest football and maplewood came up short.

63 hater ..sounds like you been in the bushes with them donkey rats

Edited by boski