Antoine Wiggins or Omar Wattad

Snowman16

i think you mean georgetown...

i'd take wiggins over wattad i think, i watched them both play in several games last year and both have tremendous college level talent but i'd take wiggins for everything overall, and attitude. or maybe i just might take wattad after all. i usually support big nine conference anyways... naaaah. wiggins it is.

round 3 goes decisively SHHS and Wattad. Wiggins and Greeneville won rnd 1 and 2 last year, but not as dominanting as SHHS was in last nights game.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was up in Johnson City to see the Toppers tonight..Wattad showed some things tonight that just really impressed me. The Toppers defeated Mt. Juliet (Strong State contender out of Nashville) by about 17. Wattad's ankle is still hurting him but he is a COMPETITOR. He would drive by his man and give it up, get on the ground, rebound and shoot GOOD shots. 4 for 7 from the field with 14 pts, 11 rebs, and 8asts. He is a complete player that at the college level may never be the go to guy. BUT he could definitely get a lot of clock. He could be a great role player that Georgetown will need to win. He truly just wants to win. Tremendous young talent and I myself am proud of him for the way he is making everyone in that maroon and gold better.

So much for SH beating a "strong state contender" Mt. Juliet. Mt. Juliet is mediocre at best, and their 11-9 record shows it. Wait until they play a really good team from Nashville or Memphis, if they even get that far.

Edited by Anthony17

• 4 weeks later...

I've see both players play in different tournys. One I've seen Wattad play at the Arby's classic for the past 2 years and at a couple of regular season games. He really didn't look like a big time D1 player to me, I could see him putting up good numbers if he stayed in the same city and played at ETSU or another mid-major. Wiggins on the other hand I have seen in several regular season games and were it really mattered....playing at the "BORO". He put up good numbers against a very good Hamilton team and couldn't be checked by any of the Hamilton players. Not saying he is that much better than Wattad but Wigginns' game looks better suited for "big time" D1. Who knows I have been wrong once before.

Edited by jmpshtr101