Antoine Wiggins or Omar Wattad

Snowman16

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where in this post does it say ANYTHING about the regional tournament? NOWHERE!

You are always making some blanket statement without qualifying it and then when you get called on it, either you or one of your crafty minions bails you out with a quick retort. Maybe if you said what you mean the first time you wouldn't need hightop to jump to your defense.You know, if you had just said you meant the regionals in the first place, I could not possibly have picked up on your "correct me if I'm wrong" challenge...and if you are going to ask for it...I can't help but oblige.

:D You got me.

• 2 weeks later...

Excellent player. One of the coaches talked to him briefly and said he seems like a really good person too, not cocky or anything like that. Didn't see the first bit of trash talk or mouthing in the game from him. Vanderbilt is one of his colleges listed on Rivals, so he is likely a good student too.

After his performance in the Land-Air Classic, and the big win over Bradley Central my guess is everyone will be taking a good look at Wiggins.

UT and Coach Pearl need to look at him and quit their bad history of ignoring local talent in virtually all sports. Carson Newman is always willing to pick up the slack of the unsupportive local "big U". Wiggins is likely too good for Carson Newman or Tusculum, but they are at least worthy of his consideration.

UT has always had the mentality of the "grass in greener on the other side". Case in point Bradshaw versus Humphries. Buzz sealed his fate by ignoring local talent.

Pearl should at least take heed and Wiggins and a few other locals deserve at least "a look".

I've not had the opportunity to see Wattad play although it is my understanding he greatly improved over the summer.

Wiggins appears to be a much better player than he was last year. He is quicker, stronger and perhaps even a little taller. He has a lot of heart also as he generally plays without any rest.

I look forward to January (or even earlier ?) when these two meet.