McMinn Central

I saw the Lee girl play in the county tourn last year. I was real pleased seeing how she played but I do believe that, that Williams girl was a better player at that point in time. Not to say that the Lee girl isn't but I think that the William's girl is faster and can handle the ball just as good.

Not to split hairs about the two madison's, but I think that the Lee will be a faster help to the team based on her stronger team play. Williams came from an elementary team that played more individual ball. Williams is good, and defense is the easiest for her to learn as far as team play goes, because all it takes is desire. And she has that in aces. But she has to learn some team offense, which I have no doubt she will, but it'll take her some time to get that under control. Lee is stronger at team play. If she has a weekness, it is that she plays like the teammates on the floor. When she playes varsity ball, she looks great. But when she plays jv, she lackes alittle. I think it's just her youth showing. Give her some time on the floor, and she'll learn to be a leader at both levels. It's not that she can't, that's for sure. Just needs some time to feel comfortable. Purky is the other freshman. She is good enough to be on the varsity squad, but is stuck behind some other pretty good post on the team. But I think that she has "Mullinax" potential.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not to split hairs about the two madison's, but I think that the Lee will be a faster help to the team based on her stronger team play. Williams came from an elementary team that played more individual ball. Williams is good, and defense is the easiest for her to learn as far as team play goes, because all it takes is desire. And she has that in aces. But she has to learn some team offense, which I have no doubt she will, but it'll take her some time to get that under control. Lee is stronger at team play. If she has a weekness, it is that she plays like the teammates on the floor. When she playes varsity ball, she looks great. But when she plays jv, she lackes alittle. I think it's just her youth showing. Give her some time on the floor, and she'll learn to be a leader at both levels. It's not that she can't, that's for sure. Just needs some time to feel comfortable. Purky is the other freshman. She is good enough to be on the varsity squad, but is stuck behind some other pretty good post on the team. But I think that she has "Mullinax" potential.

Mullinax was the coach for McMinn County... ohhhhhhhhhhh, you are talking about that girl that played a few years back....I have to agree she does look likes she might have some of her potential and should help out some this year. :lol:

Mullinax was the coach for McMinn County... ohhhhhhhhhhh, you are talking about that girl that played a few years back....I have to agree she does look likes she might have some of her potential and should help out some this year. :blink:

Which Mullinax are you refering too? The big-un(older) or the quick-un (younger).

Both were good players.

Some coaches would probably do just as well determining it different ways. :lol:

I have got to watch Central girls twice now and the right combination is not there yet. I think they looked better than when they played McMInn though, they were just not up or prepared for McMinn like they usually are for some reason I did not feel.

What do you think?

It will be a very interesting game the second time around I am sure.