Ridgeway vs. Germantown

rhsplaya55

With our defense and Crawford we have a chance to win, now winning is another thing.

I feel that the D HAS GOT TO SCORE at least one time, give us alot of short fields and Jasper has got to be at his best. The defense has only scored once this year, but I give them credit for the second TD against Cordova, they gave us the ball on the 5 yard line.

You know as well as I do what we are going to face from here on out. I looked out on the field last Friday, Overton had 10 in the box, we had a receiver out wide, their db was half way between him and the DE!!!!! Some one told me on some plays he wasn't ever that far out, I didn't see that. Please don't say anything about the weather, we both know you would never see this with Ryan or anyother QB.

The formation that our offense ran at the start of the game worked against Overton and I don't why we quit running it, Crawford could have put up some BIG numbers. Now will it work against region 8 teams, I just don't know.

What I do know is we have to have a short field, we can not keep haveing 3 and outs. I don't care how good a defense is, they get tired and all it takes is one slip up.

As far as who wins the other games it doesn't matter. From here on out it's"Here we are, this is what we got, beat us if you can."

Question: Is this Ridway's, or Cooley's, first 10-0 season? I know you were 9-0-1 because of that Ark. rule and the year of the State Title they were 9-1. Aren't we the only 10-0 team in the area? I know that this team has had the State Title as their goal from the the get go, but I hope they never forget that 10-0 is a great season no matter what happens from here on out.

this is not the 1st 10-0 team...its the 2nd (there was one other 2 yrs before the state title year and they lost in 2nd rd to rafael hill and westview)...should be the 3rd ark rules stink by the way...im not so sure germantown would put 10 in the box...b/c thats just dumb...but RHS is workin on some passing palkys as we speak and it will be enough to boost crawford...the QB just has to relax, go thru progression, and deliver the ball and stop jsut taking the snap turning and throwing...chances are if theres 3 guys on one receiver then the others may just be open...if he does that RHS will be perfectly fine...Crawford is healthy and we needed that, but i would sleep a lot easier if #4 were taking the snaps...still think we get by Germantown and disagree that the defense HAS to score...all they have to do is keep them from scoring...the offense will move it enough to score a couple and get in jaspers range (past the 50 <_< ) and we will come out on top.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2000 Ridgeway went 10-0 and lost in the 2nd round of the playoffs. Crawford is healthy but there are some injuries on the defensive side of the ball now. And PAPAWAFBOO, were you at the game last week? Because if you were I know you felt the wind that was blowing. There is now way possible that Ryan, Will Hudgens, or John Elway could have thrown a lot in the wind and mud last week.

its only a week away still waiting one a few people (namely TraderB, kwc, crc, rhsbooster, and PAPAWOFBOO) to weigh in on this one....come on guys lets get this one up and running.

Rhsplaya55, I saw Gtwn play (LIVE) once this year, vs Woodale. Based on what I saw, I'd say that its defense is nowhere near as "good," overall, as it was last year (it wasn't great last year either, mind you).

Nonetheless, I think that Gtwn will defend Ridgeway much better than it did Woodale.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As for Gtwns game vs Woodale....Gtwn lost "only" 14-7 but, trust me, the score SHOULD have been worse...something like 26-7, seriously!

Gtwn did NOT defend the run well vs Woodale, at all. Woodale gained huge chunks of yards by running right up the middle, believe it or not, as Gtwn's (3-4 defense, I think) defensive front appeared to be a bit undersized for Woodale's huge OL. The LBs appeared to be so concerned about the pass that they forgot about the run and, as a result, were often caught on their heels.

Gtwn actually covered the deep ball respectably, for the most part, but consistently gave up lots of yardage on the quick-hitting 6-7 yard passes....It appeared to me that Gtwn's master plan was to prevent Woodale's receivers from getting BEHIND them, at all cost! Meanwhile, they seemed to forget that it only takes 10-yards to keep the "chains" moving.

Gtwns defense played tough in most 3rd-down and situations, as they knew for sure that Woodale would throw the ball. As a result, Gtwn was able to blitz and get a whole lot of pressure on the QB, with positive results....This was about the only other situation whereby Gtwn consistently played great defensively, from what I recall.

All in all, Gtwns defense was mostly porous vs Woodale. The fact that it gave up "only" 14 pts is NOT indicative of any sort of great defensive effort by Gtwn; rather, it is more of a reflection on Woodale's Riverboat-Gambler style of play-calling, in my view....that's a whole other story, for a whole other topic.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rhsplaya55, look for Gtwn to load the box vs Ridgeway (Surprise, Surprise <_< ). They will likely key on RB Crawford EVERY single play, and take their chances on somebodyelse beating them.

Gtwn knows that Ridgeway is not the long-ball threat that Woodale represented. As a matter of fact, Ridgeway's passing game as a whole is anemic, compared to Woodale's....Ridgeway simply is not expected to beat Gtwn by passing the ball; yet that's exactly what they're gonna HAVE to do, to win.

Tjey have a tendency to have games where the score is closer than the game...if you remember last year's RHS game (score was 19-7), but RHS fumbled 5 times (3 inside the 20) and Germantown scored because of a horrible call on a punt. The game should have been really at least 25 or 30 to 0...this can not happen again or Ridgeway will not prevail...but it won't and they will come out victorious.

2000 Ridgeway went 10-0 and lost in the 2nd round of the playoffs. Crawford is healthy but there are some injuries on the defensive side of the ball now. And PAPAWAFBOO, were you at the game last week? Because if you were I know you felt the wind that was blowing. There is now way possible that Ryan, Will Hudgens, or John Elway could have thrown a lot in the wind and mud last week.

I've seen all of the games, just hopeing I get to see 5 more.

Never have I said that we need to throw the ball "alot". When has the wind ever had an effect on a 10 yard slat pass???? Ball is changed on each play so it doesn't have much, if any, mud on it just by the center snapping it. Plus if you saw the Sat. paper, and it was wet and windy everywhere not just at our game, other people had passing yards. The boy from W/dale dropped a 50+ yard pass in the end zone that would have tied the game.

See #55's post on what qb HAS GOT to do. His saying we just have to get over the 50 is a little off, I think JJ is good (very darn good) but that is pushing it.

Sorry folks, I just don't see any 40/50 yard drives in our future to get Jasper in range. Also I don't see Crawford going 70/80 at a time.

Didn't know about the injuries, I knew we were missing someone but didn't know that was the reason. Is it just nicks and bruises or is it worst?

I've seen all of the games, just hopeing I get to see 5 more.

Never have I said that we need to throw the ball "alot". When has the wind ever had an effect on a 10 yard slat pass???? Ball is changed on each play so it doesn't have much, if any, mud on it just by the center snapping it. Plus if you saw the Sat. paper, and it was wet and windy everywhere not just at our game, other people had passing yards. The boy from W/dale dropped a 50+ yard pass in the end zone that would have tied the game.

See #55's post on what qb HAS GOT to do. His saying we just have to get over the 50 is a little off, I think JJ is good (very darn good) but that is pushing it.

Sorry folks, I just don't see any 40/50 yard drives in our future to get Jasper in range. Also I don't see Crawford going 70/80 at a time.

Didn't know about the injuries, I knew we were missing someone but didn't know that was the reason. Is it just nicks and bruises or is it worst?

In the post game interview on the radio Friday night one of Wooddale's coaches mentioned how bad the conditions were and how their passing game was virtually non-existent. In fact, he said their wide receiver was one of, if not the, leading rushers for Wooddale.

I agree we have to hit some passes to be effective. Maybe SR plays better under pressure as in the Millington game. We can only hope. Crawford may not get 70/80 at a time...he just needs 4-5 every play to keep the chains moving! Across the 50 is a little ambitious but if we make it to the 30, I would place money on Jasper every time. Our defense has to play great to keep us in the game.

I never would have thought we would have to play Gtown in the first game! They are a good team and their reputation is definitely there. Our guys better show up to play an ENTIRE game.

Ridgeway has a curse and a blessing in the attitude of their team. Ridgeway plays as well as they have to in order to win the game. Just look at the Millington game and games like Craigmont and Overton. They did just enough to win and got into the lockerroom with a W. I think this week that Ridgeway's lineman are going to show up in a big way. With 4 seniors and a second year starter in their only junior (a DI prospect) they are going to anchor a line that allows Crawford to slowly wear away at the Gtown defense. The QB should have a good game compared to recent games because of this weeks anticipated dry conditions. I talked to him and he said that Ridgeway will be prepared to pass the ball much more efficiently rather than unexpectedly in the millington game. Its definately goin to be a tight one. John Cooley has lots of experience with the big games and always gets his team ready. Look for this game to be a strategic battle and Cooley to come out victorious.

Ridgeway 23 Gtown 10

I never would have thought we would have to play Gtown in the first game! They are a good team and their reputation is definitely there. Our guys better show up to play an ENTIRE game.

Yes, this is a surprise. I don't know if it's good or bad to have them right out of the gate. I'm sure they haven't forgotten last year when the new kid came in and knocked them out of the playoffs. On the other hand they have lost 3 in row to good teams, and Ridgeway is a very good team.

Running the W-bone and haveing turn-over problems, plus playing against our D. Sounds good to me, of course I'm not their coach.

When you say the entire game, I bet those boys know that the first play counts just as much as play#15. Ever so often it counts more :lol:

Edited by PAPAWOFBOO

Ridgeway has a curse and a blessing in the attitude of their team. Ridgeway plays as well as they have to in order to win the game. Just look at the Millington game and games like Craigmont and Overton. They did just enough to win and got into the lockerroom with a W. I think this week that Ridgeway's lineman are going to show up in a big way. With 4 seniors and a second year starter in their only junior (a DI prospect) they are going to anchor a line that allows Crawford to slowly wear away at the Gtown defense. The QB should have a good game compared to recent games because of this weeks anticipated dry conditions. I talked to him and he said that Ridgeway will be prepared to pass the ball much more efficiently rather than unexpectedly in the millington game. Its definately goin to be a tight one. John Cooley has lots of experience with the big games and always gets his team ready. Look for this game to be a strategic battle and Cooley to come out victorious.

Ridgeway 23 Gtown 10

Sounds good, be sure to read #55's post on what the qb. needs to do and relay the message. If he does that then Crawford can do what you said.

I like and respect Cooley but that isn't a rookie across the field. He has one of those fancy rings too. His team will be ready to play.

This is the play-offs, every game better be your best or it will be your last. Not no Craigmonts, Overtons or Kirby in this thing.

I'm reading this thread wondering where the Red Devil faithful are. Big Sneaky and those other Germantown grads who have posted on this forum in the past. I know this season hasn't gone the way of years past for the Germantown followers, but I was expecting some comments by now. Oh well.

Me too, maybe they know something we don't. Maybe we don't have nothing to worry about??????

You know 'kwc' when a team takes a sharp turn south I always wonder what is happening in the locker room. You know like the Lakers a few years ago????