Ridgeway vs. Germantown

rhsplaya55

I know it's a good week and a half away, but I figured what the heck...let's start it up now! Ridgeway will be coming in with an undefeated mark and Germantwn will enter with a 6-4 record. This was a great quarterfinal game last year and looks to jsut as exciting this year. The big questions are can Ridgeway's defense take over the Germantown wishbone option attack as it did last year or will Germantown find holes in the 'D'? And the big question on everyone's mind is how healthy will Aaron Crawford be? How does everyone see this one turning out? Personally I think its Ridgeway-24 Germantown-7.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know it's a good week and a half away, but I figured what the heck...let's start it up now! Ridgeway will be coming in with an undefeated mark and Germantwn will enter with a 6-4 record. This was a great quarterfinal game last year and looks to jsut as exciting this year. The big questions are can Ridgeway's defense take over the Germantown wishbone option attack as it did last year or will Germantown find holes in the 'D'? And the big question on everyone's mind is how healthy will Aaron Crawford be? How does everyone see this one turning out? Personally I think its Ridgeway-24 Germantown-7.

I talked to Aaron last night and he told me that he about 90%.

A 90% Crawford will send G-Town home early.

T.C.

First Gtwn must come out and play a good game against Kirby. They should not overlook this team. Gtwn must focus on its turnover issues. IMO turnovers made the difference in the white station and woodale games. If Gtwn holds on to the ball I see a much closer game.

First Gtwn must come out and play a good game against Kirby. They should not overlook this team. Gtwn must focus on its turnover issues. IMO turnovers made the difference in the white station and woodale games. If Gtwn holds on to the ball I see a much closer game.

dp6fan

I listened to the Gtown/WS game on the radio and I couldn't believe what I was hearing. Correct me if I am wrong, but in that game, I believe that there were 2 QB/Center exchange fumbles where the QB just dropped the ball when Gtown was on the goal line during the regulation portion of the game losing possesion of the ball each time. I think both occured on 3rd down's when the ball was on the one yard line. Just one score in either situation would have changed the complextion of the game. Then, wasn't there another fumble under the same circumstances ... QB/Center exchange on the one yard line in the overtime period to lose the game? That's 3 QB/Center miscues that cost them bigtime. Two I know happened for sure, but I thought it was 3.

Since Anglin is a senior, and these types of fumbles are not characteristic of him, especially since he's been the starting QB since his sophmore season. It got me to thinking that maybe Gtown's starting Center is either hurt and this is a different center ... or either the center or Anglin has an injured hand which is causing the faulty QB/Center exchanges. Either way ... it has to be frustrating the dickens out of coach White for that to be an issue at THIS time of the season. I can't see this being a lack of concentration on Anglin's part. What is your take on this, because this issue has cost Gtown dearly! It is quite evident that something is wrong!

Edited by kwc

When making my pick, I took into account Germantowns lack of ball security...they will have to control the ball very well and not hand it back to Ridgeway, but RHS's defense is very opportunistic and makes big plays all over the field (Our D-tackle ran an interception back for a TD against Cordova last week...what he was doing in pass coverage no one knows, but it worked out I guess haha). I agree with you though dp if the Devils do hang on to the ball like they are generlly known for then I could see this one being decided by a TD or less.

dp6fan

I listened to the Gtown/WS game on the radio and I couldn't believe what I was hearing. Correct me if I am wrong, but in that game, I believe that there were 2 QB/Center exchange fumbles where the QB just dropped the ball when Gtown was on the goal line during the regulation portion of the game losing possesion of the ball each time. I think both occured on 3rd down's when the ball was on the one yard line. Just one score in either situation would have changed the complextion of the game. Then, wasn't there another fumble under the same circumstances ... QB/Center exchange on the one yard line in the overtime period to lose the game? That's 3 QB/Center miscues that cost them bigtime. Two I know happened for sure, but I thought it was 3.

Since Anglin is a senior, and these types of fumbles are not characteristic of him, especially since he's been the starting QB since his sophmore season. It got me to thinking that maybe Gtown's starting Center is either hurt and this is a different center ... or either the center or Anglin has an injured hand which is causing the faulty QB/Center exchanges. Either way ... it has to be frustrating the dickens out of coach White for that to be an issue at THIS time of the season. I can't see this being a lack of concentration on Anglin's part. What is your take on this, because this issue has cost Gtown dearly! It is quite evident that something is wrong!

No injuries that i am aware of. The center is a senior d1 prospect with many scouts looking at him. I wish I had an answer but can not give any details. Even if Gtwn plays error free, Ridgeway will be a challenge.

dp....what is this year's GTown team liek compared to last year's? Ridgeway lsot 2 OL (#'s 55 and 56) and 2 receivers (#'s 3 and 9) on offense, but thats about it. Defense got hit hard as it lost 3/4 (#'s 2, 15, 20) in the secondary, top two linebackers (#'s 1 and 55), and big D-Lineman (#65). How does Germantown stack up compared to last year's team?

dp....what is this year's GTown team liek compared to last year's? Ridgeway lsot 2 OL (#'s 55 and 56) and 2 receivers (#'s 3 and 9) on offense, but thats about it. Defense got hit hard as it lost 3/4 (#'s 2, 15, 20) in the secondary, top two linebackers (#'s 1 and 55), and big D-Lineman (#65). How does Germantown stack up compared to last year's team?

playa, The backs and w/r are experienced players from last year. most of our oline are juniors and sophmores except for the center. They have all stepped up under the leadership of the center and done a great job. This bodes well for next year also. Dline is mostly seniors with the exception of a few underclassmen who have stepped up and gotten valuable experience. we lost a few linebackers who were replaced by a couple of aggressive athletes a junior and a sophmore.The secondary i beleave stayed mostly in tact.

its only a week away still waiting one a few people (namely TraderB, kwc, crc, rhsbooster, and PAPAWOFBOO) to weigh in on this one....come on guys lets get this one up and running.

With our defense and Crawford we have a chance to win, now winning is another thing.

I feel that the D HAS GOT TO SCORE at least one time, give us alot of short fields and Jasper has got to be at his best. The defense has only scored once this year, but I give them credit for the second TD against Cordova, they gave us the ball on the 5 yard line.

You know as well as I do what we are going to face from here on out. I looked out on the field last Friday, Overton had 10 in the box, we had a receiver out wide, their db was half way between him and the DE!!!!! Some one told me on some plays he wasn't ever that far out, I didn't see that. Please don't say anything about the weather, we both know you would never see this with Ryan or anyother QB.

The formation that our offense ran at the start of the game worked against Overton and I don't why we quit running it, Crawford could have put up some BIG numbers. Now will it work against region 8 teams, I just don't know.

What I do know is we have to have a short field, we can not keep haveing 3 and outs. I don't care how good a defense is, they get tired and all it takes is one slip up.

As far as who wins the other games it doesn't matter. From here on out it's"Here we are, this is what we got, beat us if you can."

Question: Is this Ridway's, or Cooley's, first 10-0 season? I know you were 9-0-1 because of that Ark. rule and the year of the State Title they were 9-1. Aren't we the only 10-0 team in the area? I know that this team has had the State Title as their goal from the the get go, but I hope they never forget that 10-0 is a great season no matter what happens from here on out.

Edited by PAPAWOFBOO

its only a week away still waiting one a few people (namely TraderB, kwc, crc, rhsbooster, and PAPAWOFBOO) to weigh in on this one....come on guys lets get this one up and running.

RhsPlayer55,

Ridgeway 20 --- Germantown 10

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gtwn will be a challenge for Ridgeway but that's about all. Germantown does not have the offensive firepower or defensive muscle to contend with Ridgeway (see next post for the specifics on Gtwn's key weakness).

Ridgeway's defensive superiority over Gtwn should prove to be the difference-maker. Gtwn will struggle to score points, while Ridgeway should be able to put up at least 3 scores (assuming Crawford is 100%).

If Crawford is not 100%, then Gtwn just might win pull off the upset 10-7.