If Hampton (9-1) & Coalfield (9-0) played this year...

Guest Shocker0

Guest Shocker0

If these two teams were to play right now, as they are, who do you think would take it. Hampton got the upper hand on Coalfield last year, 26-14, but Coalfield was fumbling the ball all over the place in playoffs. What does everything this matchup would turnout to be. I would give the edge to Coalfield this season, but Hampton is by far the best team coming out of Region 1-1A this season. I would say, if they played right now...

Coalfield - 27

Hampton - 19

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"If Hampton (9-1) & Coalfield (9-0) played this year..., Who would win? 1A"

When if's and buts become fruits and nuts, we will all have a Merry Christmas. The if of this question has not happened yet, may not happen, and until then let's look at one game at a time. Sunbright is the next objective.

Guest Shocker0

"If Hampton (9-1) & Coalfield (9-0) played this year..., Who would win? 1A"

When if's and buts become fruits and nuts, we will all have a Merry Christmas. The if of this question has not happened yet, may not happen, and until then let's look at one game at a time. Sunbright is the next objective.

Well, I'm sure that the team is looking forward to Sunbright...I'm just putting a what if they played RIGHT NOW...not later on in the playoffs, because the chances that they will are fairly slim unless both teams play up to expectations from here on out. I'm sure it would be every bit like the game last year only better, and I would have to give the edge to Coalfield, but who knows?

It is nice to be able to wonder, but really I think it is hard to say. Coalfield only beat Oneida 7 and never run away from anyone in the region. That makes me think there is really no standout team in Region 2 or everyone is real good. Hard to say. but I think it would be a great matchup, lets keep our fingers crossed and see if we get to see the game for real.

This game could happen, they should both win in the 1st round, from there its anybodys guess,they will both get tested in the 2ond round. I will say this if Hampton makes it to the third round, they are going to be a much better team. If they make it to the 3rd round without Townsend, Watch out. Alot depends on injuries. You go to taking starters off of 1A teams, it generaly shows up.

Guest Shocker0

Oneida was a lot better than they have been playing now...But, Coalfield had control of that game from the start, they just couldn't come up with many points. I think they had a couple turnovers near the goal line...Once they were about to score at Oneida's 8 yard line and fumbled the ball and they stopped Oneida all four downs and pushed them back to about the 15...

What you should look at is how they have performed against the tougher teams in the region. Take for example, the 14-0 shutout against #2 Harriman last week, the 7-0 win against #4 Oneida, the 15-13 win against #3 Midway...in what was their closest game of the season. In the 3 games that they have played the top teams in Region 2, they have only given up 13 points. That is an average of a 12-4 game...so their defense plays great when needed. Another example is their 67-33 win against Greenback, where they gave up a bunch of points to the #6 team in the region so it seems like they play great when they have too, and good when they just need to get a win. They have gotten better starting from about the Copper Basin game and look to be going into the playoffs with some steam. Just hope they hang onto the ball better in the playoffs this year and it could be like the 2004 season or better.

Edited by Shocker0