Faragut Field

Wildmanfan

I am an Oak Ridge fan and we have to put up with a 50 year old field that has taken its share of abuse over the years. Both middle schools play their home games there rain or shine as does the 9th grade, JV and varsity. It has never looked as bad as the Faragut field does tonight. At least OR covers their field when possible. It is just un-acceptable for a 5a school to have a field that doesn't even have a crown to drain water. You would think out of all that trust fund money a little would find its way to the cow pasture at FHS. A field cover would be an improvment . Some of the people that decide where money is spent on Oak Ridges' Field are so tight they could choke a fart to death. But even they managed to get a cover.

Just for the record the game is still 0-0 and it is not an advantage for either team. Both teams have to play on the same field.

Edited by Wildmanfan

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am an Oak Ridge fan and we have to put up with a 50 year old field that has taken its share of abuse over the years. Both middle schools play their home games there rain or shine as does the 9th grade, JV and varsity. It has never looked as bad as the Faragut field does tonight. At least OR covers their field when possible. It is just un-acceptable for a 5a school to have a field that doesn't even have a crown to drain water. You would think out of all that trust fund money a little would find its way to the cow pasture at FHS. A field cover would be an improvment . Some of the people that decide where money is spent on Oak Ridges' Field are so tight they could choke a fart to death. But even they managed to get a cover.

Just for the record the game is still 0-0 and it is not an advantage for either team. Both teams have to play on the same field.

There are a couple of funny things about this post.

1. They just spent a lot of time and money updating the stadium.

2. Most of the big money is from the smart folks that work in OR but don't want to live there.

Congratulations to Farragut on a well-deserved win.

As for the field, I noticed Farragut was able to stand on their sidelines. Oak Ridge's sidelines were very bad. In fact, I found it interesting that the drains along the sideline on Oak Ridge's side were covered up. Some folks uncovered them, allowing some water and mud to drain off. That could have been a continuous drain if someone would have thought to take those pesky covers off when the rain started.

I love old-fashioned football in bad weather. But it's amazing that nobody had a serious injury on that field, I think it was a bad decision to play on what I thought was the worst football field conditions I have ever seen.

Congratulations to Farragut on a well-deserved win.

As for the field, I noticed Farragut was able to stand on their sidelines. Oak Ridge's sidelines were very bad. In fact, I found it interesting that the drains along the sideline on Oak Ridge's side were covered up. Some folks uncovered them, allowing some water and mud to drain off. That could have been a continuous drain if someone would have thought to take those pesky covers off when the rain started.

I love old-fashioned football in bad weather. But it's amazing that nobody had a serious injury on that field, I think it was a bad decision to play on what I thought was the worst football field conditions I have ever seen.

My thoughts exactly.

You would think out of all that trust fund money a little would find its way to the cow pasture at FHS.

uncalled for.

but its not a cow pasture.. does oak ridge have a good field for anything?? i dont recall when i was last there they had a great field. its hard to keep the field in shape when girls soccer played on 3 times in the last week. and one of those times it was raining. so yeah i doubt the field having a crown wouldve made that much of a difference.. the water was just puddling up on the mud. which i doubt a crown would fix. oh well.

Edited by ihavenofriendzz

Worst field I have ever seen in my entire life ever ever ever ever.

Really. No excuse. WTF happened? Every single player on the field was just drenched in mud. I turned on the TV to see who was playing and I couldn't tell for the first 10 seconds which team was which.

Like, I'm really sorry for Bearden, having to play on that field next week. It's going to be in pretty bad shape.

im not gonna lie.. i was at the game. i had no proble tellin who was who. i couldnt really see the numbers but i knew who was Farragut and who was oak ridge. u all are making too big a deal out of this. ive tired explaining the field was already not in great shape prior to this game because of girls soccer. soo go comment about the game and get over the field.